PDA

View Full Version : Hours in Fl

TFMonty
23rd Mar 2004, 09:19
Short version..............Done loads of flying in Northern FL before.............doing 50hrs in a Seminole from Daytona..............just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for places to visit in Southern FL/Georgia/ or anywhere in a "sensible" range.

Cheers

Global Pilot
23rd Mar 2004, 09:25
You could try a run to Key West. Superb views of the keys the whole way down and an interesting approach at the end. Busy airport with heaps of GA and some line traffic.

Great place to stay for the night. Inspite of what they say the place was full of young chicks out enjoying themselves.

Did this trip about 4 years ago out of Winterhaven, fuelstop in MIA in a PA28. More fun in a twin I guess.

rgds,

GP.

TFMonty
23rd Mar 2004, 21:37
Yup Key West is definetly on the cards as is New Orleans.........................

have to remember to take camera and get some pics :)

FWA NATCA
24th Mar 2004, 13:44
The places to sight see are endless, it depends on what you are interested in. For example if you want to venture further North, there is the Worlds Largest FREE (no cost for admission) Aviation Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio. There is the Kennedy Space Center. If you are going to be here in July there is the EAA Air Venture Show in Oshkosh Wisconsin, In April they hold a EAA show in Florida called Sun N Fun (east of Tampa).

If you like historic sites, one that I can highly recommend is the Civil War Prison located in Andersonville Georgia, this is probably one of the most humbling civil war historic sites in the United States. Charleston South Carolina is another interesting city to visit, or Savanah Georgia.

Post what you are interested in seeing and I'm sure that we can recommend some good places.

Mike

TFMonty
26th Mar 2004, 14:24
like the idea of the civil war stuff (have a degree in Military History)

Really just looking for places that ppl have experienced that arent' in Northern FL(Orlando and up) as i have been to just about every airfield up there (Did my hour building there)