PDA

View Full Version : medical-how hard is it?!

Chrishammersley
22nd Mar 2004, 22:18
hi,
could anyone tell me how challenging the class 1 medical is at gatwick? are you on the tredmill at fullpower and on the highest gradient for half an hour?! also how long is the waiting
list to get a test? thanks for all your help,
chris

baldwinm
23rd Mar 2004, 11:32
Well you have to blow in a peak flow meter which is slightly easier than blowing up a balloon. You get to sit in a soundproof box and you have to raise your hand when you hear a noise through the headphones. That's about as strenuous as it gets.

They do have treadmills but I suspect they are only used if you they detect an abnormality in another test.

Not sure about waiting times - I think I got mine within a few weeks.

Chrishammersley
23rd Mar 2004, 12:20
thanks for your help, i've just booked mine, and i got the exact day and time i wanted! mid april, thanks for the help though.

-<M4v3r1ck>-
23rd Mar 2004, 12:21
A complete description of the tests undertaken is on the CAA's website in the Class I Medical section.

Mav

Pirate
28th Mar 2004, 09:20
It's worth knowing that there is a very positive attitude amongst the docs at Aviation House - they do want you to pass and if there are any marginal areas, they'll do what they can to help. There are certain areas where they don't have discretion, obviously, certain types of colour blindness for example.

Just go into the procedures in a relaxed frame of mind. The only really hard bit is signing the cheque!

confundemus