PDA

View Full Version : War on terrorism, should Israel be a legitimate target?

Wizdum
22nd Sep 2001, 02:20
Decide for yourself...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1552000/1552900.stm

Paterbrat
26th Sep 2001, 14:05
Tried the link unfortunately wouldn't load. Going by you post's title my answer would be no. Terrorism is generaly considered the violent indiscriminate action by those who have abandoned all poularly held conceptions of law and order. Since Israel is a state that runs by the use of laws and general order and abides by most popularly held belifs and maxims, no it is not in my opinion a legitimate target any more than any other state that employs force to combat terrorism, such as the UK, USA, France, Germany, etc etc etc. There are however states whose deliberate foreign policy has been to shelter, aid and abet, and indeed promote various terrorist factions from around the world, these are I believe legitimate targets

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: Paterbrat ]

B747wideboy
26th Sep 2001, 14:25
Hopefully the Israelis will keep their heads down and not allow themselves to get dragged into this. They showed admirable restraint when Saddam tried to drag them into the last Gulf War and hopefully will do so again.

G.Khan
26th Sep 2001, 14:31
The link loaded for me. It might help if Mr Jim Muir did a short course in history, (actual), rather than the course in Fantasy and Bigotry, in which he obviously got an 'A'. Just goes to show how off target the BBC has become, once a very reliable source of fact, now just another mouthpiece for the very left of centre.