PDA

View Full Version : List of airlines hiring for us wannabees

bluefalcon
21st Mar 2004, 17:58
Dear friends and colleagues,

I find pprune a very usefull tool in changing information concerning our careers and future possibilities, but what Im not seeing is a united collaboration in helping each other. Im sure that all of us know in someway or other, interesting ideas as of where can we begin our employee experience.I know they´re not many but we have the luck that this is a worldwide way of communication.
Therefore Im suggesting that all of us (wannabees and employed) write out in this forum all possibilities as of what airlines are hiring non experienced pilots, or offering SSTR schemes with a contract or any other pilot jobs in any field. Not only europe as im seeing that everyone is focused on, but WORLDWIDE, cause Im sure that like me theres many of you wannabees that wouldnt mind at all moving out of the continent for a start.
This if well supported could be a very usefull tool to all of us as we could consider much more possibilities that could affect us and get to know more airlines out of europe or in europe apart from the typical ryanair, easyjet and in general the low cost charter lot.
Im sure that with a WORLDWIDE support from us wannabees and information from any already employed pilots that could give us a hint, we would have a much bigger and clearer variety of chances of doing what we all really have inside us.
We all have something in common here and that is the desire of flying,,I know its like a competiton between each other but theres places in the world where they´re desperatly seeking for pilots while we think that its better sitting at home and waiting at number 643 in ryanair´s or easyjets application files.
For example Its been coming to my attention that theres many regional/taxi/cargo airlines in south america seeking for pilots.
This is just an example of what I hope we can all chip-in but in matters of fact and names to this page.

In the end we are all working partners with the same view that our lives might cross one day or the other,, so lets make the most out of this and help us all!!

Thankyou all very much and happylandings to all,,;) :ok:

Ill start the list saying that as far as Im concerned all of you will be aware of these ones , but anyways they have to be put in...

easyjet, ryanair, astraeus,

Between all of us the list can grow up alot,, lets go for it guys!!

happylandings to all!!

Artificial Horizon
21st Mar 2004, 21:24
BlueFalcon,

This is in essence a good idea, the only problem is that Wannabes who have the inside knowledge on an opportunity will rarely post it here until a result either positive or negative is obtained for themselves. You have to remember that at the end of the day all wannabes are in competition with each other.

With this in mind I actually think that the amount of useful information posted on this website is exceptional and an excellent resource.

Lists like the ones you talk of actually exist if you do a little research, try:

www.ppjn.com

Also try joining a pilots union (very little cost) and they have very good fact sheets about most continental airlines and the employment prospects at each, try:

www.balpa.org

Most importantly though keep your ear to the ground.

A.H.:)

scroggs
22nd Mar 2004, 11:17
This is a rapidly changing market. A fixed list of who was employing last week is about as useful as second-hand toilet paper! The only way to keep up to date with employment opportunities is to keep your ear to the ground. Pprune is very helpful, as most potential oppotunities do get a mention here, but many, many opportunities will be for just one or two pilots, and are gone before you'll ever hear about it.

That is why you have to try and develop contacts in the part of the industry where you want to work. If easyJet or Ryanair (or any other major) are your targets, fine, you don't have to develop contacts - they're recruiting all, or most of, the time. If Trumpton Air Services, flying Sheds out of Trumpton Municipal is your dream job, go and talk to them. Don't wait for BALPA, Pprune or anyone else to tell you that they hired two pilots last week!

That said, BALPA is a very useful source of jobs information. I've seen stuff turn up there that was never mentioned here on Pprune. I believe the IPA have a similar facility.

Scroggs

RED WINGS
23rd Mar 2004, 22:19
I have a well developed spread sheet showing all the details you require

If you manage to fill in the blanks would find it most useful

Ta!:O

sixmilehighclub
25th Mar 2004, 21:49
Note of advice:

If you apply for jobs through an agency, DO NOT reveal any other companies you have applied for, any other interviews you have or anything related to your job hunting progress. You will be asked.

They are only interested in approaching those companies to try and get their experienced candidates in, INSTEAD OF YOU. They are a business (not a free service) and make money out of putting people into jobs, and to guarantee they get the business they will use their very best candidates.

So whereas now you have maybe a one in 20 chance, once word gets out, this could become one in 200.

Do yourself a favour, keep it to yourself, until you have a contract in your hand!

Some agencies also throw your CV to all companies in the hope it sticks, when one airline receives your CV from 5 agencies, it looks like you are desperate and unfussy. Be cautious.

Six