View Full Version : Upgrading on the aircraft (BA)

airsmiles
21st Mar 2004, 15:48
Whilst ttravelling Chicago - Heathrow last time, it appeared that a lady in premium economy upgraded to Business/Club class after boarding and before departure. If my hearing was correct, she handed over her credit card and was charged (I think) about £200 to upgrade.

Is this normal practice if space is available. As a regular on this route and executive club member can I take advantage of this facility any time there is free space in Club Class ?

thanks in anticipation.

airsmiles

(also how do I recognise cabin crew who are pprune'rs ?)

Carnage Matey!
21st Mar 2004, 16:39
You can upgrade on board to any class you like subject to space being available. Unfortunately you'll be charged the normal commercial rate for the seat you are upgrading to, so chances are its going to be much, much more than £200. I think you may have misheard the price the lady in question was quoted.

Harry G
21st Mar 2004, 16:47
No CM, 200 sounds about right to move forward one cabin.

The CSD has a price list, and credit card is the prefered method of payment.

Kempus
21st Mar 2004, 17:38
Hi,

The price of the upgrade aint seem right to me sorry. For example, LGW to Houston. To move from world traveller to club is £800 one way. The upgrade when bought in a travel agents from world traveller to world traveller plus is about £250 so i reckon about £500 for the upgrade.
Cant be done on all flights once boarded as they need to carry an upgrade pack.
If you're an exec member, why not use your miles to upgrade!

Anyway, just thought i'd add my bit!

kempus

airsmiles
21st Mar 2004, 18:00
I'll ask the Cabin Crew next time and see what they say.

Thanks all.

airsmiles