PDA

View Full Version : cx freight question

harrier67
21st Mar 2004, 14:18
can anybody answer these questions?
i'm willing to change company and country ... here the career is dead!

1. where do U send yuor CV for CX freight?

2. are they interested for F/O UE pilots 2000h military jets + 2000h JAR 25 ATPL ICAO?

3. are the EU bases available and assigned by seniority, request,...?

4. what are in reality the possibilities to change to cathay passengers after a few years without doing the relief pilot?

thanks

:D

TWApilot
21st Mar 2004, 16:06
Harrier67 --

1. Send your resume in through http://www.cathaypacific.com, under the section for Direct-Entry F/O.

2. I think your flight time is OK. For the F/O position they want 4,000 hours with 1,000 transport jet or 1,000 hours military jet or PIC corporate jet.

3. All bases are assigned based upon your request, if they are available. If you live in Europe now, you'd probably be offered a selection of European bases. You MUST be legally eligible to work in the country you are based in. (other than Hong Kong).

4. You can change to the passenger fleet after 3 years if a position is open on that side and you are senior enough to have it. You will NEVER go back to S/O, so you'll remain a First Officer. The next step after F/O is Relief F/O, which is like a Relief Captain position. You do get takeoffs and landings, and it is the stepping stone to becoming a Captain.

Hope that helps.

harrier67
21st Mar 2004, 20:09
Thanks TWA pilot for the infos.

what about contracts and rostering in the freight?
big difference than cx pax?
and will i get to captain before pension age (i'm 37)?

TWApilot
22nd Mar 2004, 18:39
I'm sorry if my post was confusing.

First, I checked and the minimum for direct-entry F/Os is 2,000 hours. However, that being said, everyone who interviewed at the time I did was on furlough from the airlines, with between 6,000 and 9,000 hours. However, if you have 747 time I'm sure they'll love that.

And all F/O's do get takeoffs and landings. It is S/Os who don't get any, they just act as relief pilots only.

My comment was in regards to the step after F/O, which is Relief F/O. However, even though a Relief F/O is a relief pilot, they do get takeoffs and landings. (as opposed to the S/O relief pilots, who don't).

Sorry about the confusion.

Harrier67 --

Pay on the freighter side is a bit less for F/Os, but not that significant. Pay is considerably less for freight Captains verses passenger Captains. Definitely worth the switch to the passenger fleet as a captain, even if you end up buying a ticket to fly to work a few times a month. Not as critical as an F/O.

And, depending on experience, its possible to end up a Captain on the freighter side at least in possible 3-5 years. More like 8-10 years on the passenger side.

harrier67
22nd Mar 2004, 19:16
great infos
thanks

my CV is in!

PPRuNeUser0215
7th May 2004, 10:57
Hi and thanks for the info.
Just a question though with reference to entry requirements. Where do you find those? I had a look on the website but I can't see what makes you join as an SO rather than an FO?

I have 3000 TT, 800 Medium/Heavy Jet, 500 Turbine (Single and twin) and the rest is split between twin/single engine pistons.

Thanks again

PS: I realise there's no SO on the freight side but I am trying to find out what could happen.

wandrinabout
7th May 2004, 12:48
Entry requirements are now;

4000TT
2000 Jet or
2000 PIC "heavy" T/prop (ie >20 000kg)