PDA

View Full Version : Sound Blaster live, prob

tony draper
21st Mar 2004, 11:36
Buggah it appears one has blown up ones sound blaster card,
Trying to feed a external amp,(poss a short on the connecting cable) anyway zip all sound coming from same now.
This card was a Sound Blasrer Live 5.1 card feeding a cambridge sound surround sound system.
Now I have another sound blaster live card, I also have 4 different driver CD's, trouble is I do not know what type of sound blater live card it is it it does have SBLive printed on the card and has the number ct4760 on the card, the sockets for connecting cable at the back are gold plated as opposed to the normal plastic, is this card a Sound Blaster platginum?the reason I ask is from past experience,(I had three different versions of the sound blaster live once), these cards do not like the driver disks for the other types of SB live cards, and caused all sorts of problems when I attempted to load them.
Hmm, have deleted all the SB drivers and will install this new card as a SB platignum and see what happens.
Any help or advice greatfully recieved
:uhoh:

tony draper
21st Mar 2004, 14:49
Well peeps after twitting about with 3 different sound blaster cards 3 different driver discs for three hours I now have that anonymous Sound Blaster Live card working as a "sound blaster live value card",which I do not think it is,
Have a sneaky feeling it was the Cambridge sound surround sound Amp/Sub woofer that had been given a fright,kicked that around a bit and tiz working fine again.
Next obvious step is to put back the original Sound Blaster 5.1 card,and load the drivers for that,the sound quality is a tad better.
Incidently I got a Sony surround sound sytem for me telly, it is never used becuase small hound does not like it as the powered sub woofer just about lifts the roof off , this has a 5.1 input ,anybody know if the Sound Blaster live 5.1 would work this?

:uhoh:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
21st Mar 2004, 18:35
tony draper,

If you are going to run the SB Live! cards you need to do two things:

[list=1]
The Card cannot share an IRQ with any other device
The Card has the be set to IRQ5
[/list=1]

As long as those two requirements are meet, SB Live! will function properly.

When it comes to Driver CDs, you do not put them in your CD Drive. You put them on top of your desk, and then take your drink and put in on the CD. They make great coasters. :ok:

You want to go to the Creative Website and download the latest SB Live! Drivers.

Take Care,

Richard

goates
21st Mar 2004, 19:35
I don't know if they do it for the Live cards, but there is an autoupdate in the Creative Labs driver downloads page. It will automatically detect the card (at least for an Audigy 2), download and install the needed drivers. This only works using Internet Explorer too, not Mozilla/FireFox unfortunately.

goates

zarniwoop
22nd Mar 2004, 13:45
A quick search for ct4760 and it appears you have a SOUND BLASTER LIVE DIGITAL! X-GAMER CT4760 SOUND CARD.

Not a variation I've heard of, so can't help much further I'm afraid.

Z