PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, PLEASE READ................NO advertising on PPRuNe unless it is paid for!

CamelPilot
20th Mar 2004, 20:44
I have just today posted on 'Break Evens' post that advertising - by providing a link to a commercial site - is not permitted and he mailed me to apologise. Now there is another link to films on DVD's for sale on MLS's thread!

It is our policy that links that blatantly advertise a site which offers items for sale is against the rules you all signed to uphold when you registered on PPRuNe. So PLEASE do not do it.

As I said earlier today. The new server has now been installed by Danny at an expense most of us could not, or would not, countenance so that everyone who uses gets it for free! We need the revenue from advertising to maintain the site and while I readily accept that you all have a deep interest in Aviation History we just cannot allow putting up links to those sites. If the owners of those sites want to advertise the existence of their sites they can get a quote to have them displayed on PPRuNe.

If you Google with the right inputs, you can find any number of interesting sites that will offers their wares at a price.

Please! No more links. I do as a rule log those who do this often, and then I have an option to deprive them of PPRuNe, something I dislike doing. But............the policy has to be observed so I ask you to think about it before you press the SUBMIT button to post.

Rgds,

CP