PDA

View Full Version : N reg question

Saxon
20th Mar 2004, 16:22
Here's a question for those of you who operate the N reg biz jets......

As the FAA system is clearly alot less frought than the JAA, so I can deffinately see the appeal of getting your aircraft regesterd under the FAA system while remaining in the UK. But how does an operator, (or individual for that matter), go about this ?

Secondly, if it really is that easy, then what is to stop everyone changeing to the FAA system and avoiding the JAA compleatly ?

I am assuming that the operator must have a US head office, or that the aircraft must spend a certain amount of time outside JAA airspace, or somthing....

just curious,

Sax

Check 6
24th Mar 2004, 11:12
FAA aircraft registry (http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp)

Phil Brockwell
25th Mar 2004, 11:33
N reg aircraft in the Europe, as a general rule cannot operate public transport,

BizJetUK
25th Mar 2004, 21:30
Sax,

N reg has some advantage over the JAA area (depending on the size of the aircraft) but the past 2 years things are turning.

As the FAA try to push large aircraft for part 125, cost lots more money to run in return for nothing. With the 135 you are allow to do charter but you need an office in the state. Also secutiry issues flying with the N number on your tail, which doesn't help.

Instead more and more biz jet are moving to VP and P4. But for sure not many people from the JAA area moving to N.

BizJetUK ;)

FLEXJET
25th Mar 2004, 22:18
BizJetUk (I love your user name!)

Exept big metal like N737SP, unless it will become VP soon?

By the way, what SP stand for?

Sutherland Peter?

BizJetUK
26th Mar 2004, 10:27
Well, I am not saying that all N reg will be re-reg to VP, P4 etc... There are some owner find it okay like ER and of cause SP. I remember some time back they did though about re-reg to other but finally stay and change to SP instead. Also, taking into account the 9999. I think is really depends on the owner taste and whether they need further income or not. :cool: