PDA

View Full Version : CX Aust. Interviews - March

AT502
19th Mar 2004, 20:11
Just wondering how others are feeling after the Sydney CX interviews this week?

Stressed?

ST :uhoh:

MinimaNoContact
20th Mar 2004, 01:35
I dont have an answer to your Question because I didnt have an interview... I didnt even know Aus interviews were scheduled... :{

Did all the pilots that interviewed in your group meet the new CX mins of 3000 TT and 1000 Turbine? Or did the new requirements come in after you guys were called for interviews?

AT502
20th Mar 2004, 11:11
I only know of a few interviewed this week. Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag.

Couldn't tell you about others hours.

ST

AT502
22nd Mar 2004, 00:45
Anyone else out there interviewed last week??????????

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

flyingcrazy
23rd Mar 2004, 01:42
ST,
What position was the interview for? FO or SO?
Sorry I don't know anyone who get called, none of mine :hmm:

FC :ok:

AT502
23rd Mar 2004, 21:43
Can any of you let me know when you get a response from Cathay. i.e. phone call for the second interview!

This waiting game is rather stressful!

FC - interview was for SO

Cheers,

Must get back to biting my nails...............

ST

envoy
25th Mar 2004, 09:07
Woohoo! Attended the Sydney interviews earlier this month, got an e-mail today from Cathay for a final interview in early June. :ok:

I was very stressed pre and post interview, got a completely negative feeling from the interviewers which left me feeling like I'd blown it. :ugh:

I did nothing out of the ordinary leading up to the interview: I followed the usual advice about HTBJ, etc and made extensive use of the Internet.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone else heading to HK in June - I'm also happy to share my interview experience with anyone who may be facing one in the future.

Cheers :D

Pin Head
25th Mar 2004, 15:55
envoy, whats your experience and background. private mail me if you want to.

AT502
31st Mar 2004, 22:06
Envoy,

I have the same questions as Pin Head. Were you in a regional???

How did you feel about the Tech Quiz?

Private e-mail if you wish,

Cheers,

ST

Cloud Whisperer
4th Apr 2004, 05:00
Envoy

Can you post a reply with regards to the previous two posts (your "experience and background"); should save you all those PM's!?

I am interested in the 1000 hours turbine and its current application in the selection process.

Many others may have a similar interest???

Congratulations and all the best for the final interview.:ok:

CW

envoy
4th Apr 2004, 07:51
Ok, I can take a hint!;)

I have no idea where my experience sits relative to other applicants, or what Cathay may actually be after. If any of us knew the answer to that it would help us only so far: the majority of what I believe they are looking for are personal and professional attributes that cannot so easily be quantified.

I have 4400hrs total, with 3700 turbine. 3000hrs multi engine/crew. On jets I have 2700 including 1100 command hours. My flying experience was not derived from a regional operation.

The recruiting yardstick is subject to many influences, some well outside of our control. Particularly, it is affected by what is available out in the labour market. Two years ago, my qualifications were substantially the same as they are now but I had zero chance of a look-in given the oversupply of well-qualified ex-airline types who were looking for work post Sept 11, Ansett, Swissair etc. Not one airline responded positively to my queries back then. :{ Now, my qualifications appear to be a little more competitive, possibly because the pilot market has settled down since then.

Happy to contribute further to this discussion, but I really think we are all trying to second-guess a process that is well beyond our access and control. I can't help but think that luck plays a small part in it all. Safe flying, and good luck to you all! :ok:

PS. There were two tech quizzes...The first one was written; 30 questions, 30 minutes, multi-choice. Most questions were straightforward ATPL type questions. The second quiz was during the face-to-face part of the interview. The questions appeared to be structured in a way to reveal both your understanding of the theory and its application to the real world. As an example, a question about the theory of operation of a particular aircraft system (say, GPWS), which then evolved into a question regarding how this applied to an aircraft you had flown. All pretty much as I have read elsewhere in these forums.