PDA

View Full Version : Beech 200......Help please

Flight_Cru
19th Mar 2004, 16:19
I have a 2001 Beech 200, that has not been used in Europe as yet....Looking for information, regarding RVSM, EGPWS, etc, etc....What out of all these expensive boxes are mandatory NOW,and what would be needed in next 12 mths.

The intention is to bring to UK, or JAR, move it from FAA, and put itout on a dry lease for12 months, then Iwill be in a position to make use myself.

So info on hardware please, and any ideas as to a B200 AOC who might need it. or even a private owner.

It is well stacked with EFIS etc, but I am not used to FL280 or below, so need help.

Thanks in advance.

Cru

Oluf
19th Mar 2004, 20:10
Try checking this thread.
http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72345&highlight=egpws

With regards to the rvsm bit, unless you insist on going above fl280, there should be no requirement.(at least not yet)

Oluf;)

355N Driver
19th Mar 2004, 23:48
As for the BE20 there is no STC for RVSM in the states. It looks like they are not going to support this aircraft. As for TAWS you can go with class A or B depending on how much money you want to spend. TCAS II, 8.33 Khz and etc. Check with you local JAR office for help.

Hope this helps.

His dudeness
21st Mar 2004, 10:24
RVSM - you donīt need that really- I do know, that the AERODIENST at Nuremburg/Germany just put RVSM on several B300 and B350. Your contact there would be Mr.Gsaenger, head of the Avionics shop, 0049 911 9356 505.
TCAS, EGPWS, DFDR, CVR - NOT REQUIRED
406 ELT and Mode S Transponder - required from jan 01 2005.

Phil Brockwell
22nd Mar 2004, 15:31
Where in Europe do you want to position it, do you need puclic c of a, Gama in Plymoth are the main maintx people in the UK. We put an N reg Kingair onto the UK reg last year, would have been a lot more tricky without Paul from Gama's input.

Flight_Cru
22nd Mar 2004, 17:26
Thank you all very much, as to above FL280, not an economic situation, IMHO.
I will pass the good news on to those in the know.......Cru

peterperfect
25th Mar 2004, 13:23
His Dudeness: thanks for the info above on JAA requirements from Jan 2005 ELT and Mode S.

I co-incidentally just posted a question about minimum European B200 equipment (on the Questions board). Can you provide a link to the best source of definitive minimum equipment fit for a European registered B200 intended for commercial charter on a French AOC ?

Any help appreciated.

Flight_Cru
4th Apr 2004, 17:18
OK, having told you all it is a lease option......now it is a sell my aircraft option.....must be worth about 3.5US.....any more ideas...any UK operator interested in it....nice new aircraft, one owner...never raced nor rallied......garaged.....and currently phase 3+4. Being done, not in any of the facilities that we have been discussed....Bit she is still available.....Any ideas.....HELP...please...thanks guys..........................

Daifly
4th Apr 2004, 19:13
Contact Paul Bristow at Gama, he's looking for one for a client I believe. (Though possibly not at that price?)

Flight_Cru
5th Apr 2004, 10:16
Thanks Daifly, trying to contact today....Cru