PDA

View Full Version : A Burning Issue - sign here.

Effendi
24th Apr 2001, 00:21
Three times now both pilots of a BAe 146 have been incapacitated while flying by fumes, putting fellow crew members and passengers at risk. And what is the reaction of BAe? "The manufacturer stresses that the aircraft is internationally certified as safe". In other words, we don't recognise a problem.
That's ridiculous. What I wanted to hear was something along the lines of: "We recognise that we have a serious safety problem and we are sparing neither time nor money in trying to find a solution. The safety of crew and passengers is of paramount importance to us".
I believe a great number of ppruners agree with me - especially those 146 crew members who owe it to themselves, their families and their passengers to demand a speedy solution. But making such open demands in the aviation industry would be miscontrued as trouble-making.
So I invite you all, through the anonymous medium of pprune, to electronically and anonymously sign the following petition:

"We are very dissatisfied with BAe's reaction to the pilot incapacitation incidences. We request that the company publicly recognise the seriousness of the situation and we demand urgent action to prevent further incidents of incapacitation. To make sure that some action is being taken, we would like to be kept fully and recularly informed - through pprune - of the measures being undertaken by BAe."

None of the usual slanging match thak you. If you don't agree, just don't sign.

storm-front
24th Apr 2001, 02:02