PDA

View Full Version : Taca

Splat
19th Mar 2004, 11:34
Hello,

Can anyone enlighten me what the recruitement situation is with them, and if anyone has an Email address for it.

Many thanks

Splat

Panama Jack
19th Mar 2004, 12:43
Here is what I have gathered-- no guarantees on acuracy though.

You need to be a citizen (permanent resident?) of either one of the countries that Grupo TACA is a part of. Namely Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica or Peru. Applications are taken (resume with passport sized photograph) at any one of the local offices.

From what I've gained from TACA pilots, the contract and conditions depend on the silo that you are a part of. The situation for LACSA (Costa Rican) pilots is different for that of the El Salvadoran group.

According to one First Officer I recently chatted to (January) the requirements fall in the range of a US ATP, with about 1200 total time (obviously a discrepancy).

Hope this helps somewhat. You really should head down to your regional TACA office to talk with the HR person there.

Splat
22nd Mar 2004, 10:47
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I live in the UK, so a trip round to the local office will not be possible!

Splat

2FLYEU
11th May 2004, 14:39
Splat I know they are planning to recruit A320's F/o's
next July(Grupo TACA El Salvador)
But unfortunately I will only work if you are El SAL Citizen or resident.

U can always give a try.

Panama Jack
28th Jun 2004, 12:49
Sounds like TACA did some flight crew hiring in the last few weeks. I hear that they have at least hired some pilots away from companies in Belize and Nicaragua (probably in some of the other Central American countries also). This should create a little movement in C.A.