PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else out there?

trolleydollylover
17th Jun 2001, 22:54
Hello I am here, is anybody else there? My friend is not here though. Help I may have to do some work.

------------------
Whoa there bigfella, whoa!

DX Wombat
18th Jun 2001, 00:17
You can't be here, I'm here and there is only me here so you must be there - wherever that may be. Save the work for Monday, today is Sunday and, allegedly, a day of rest which you sound as though you need.

ExSimGuy
18th Jun 2001, 00:28
I'm certainly here - but you are probably a figment of my imagination :)

Send Clowns
18th Jun 2001, 01:23
How do you know you are not a figment of TrolleyDollyLover's imagination? As far as I can see you could be http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif !

------------------
'Me here at last on the ground, you in mid air'

Hagbard the Amateur
18th Jun 2001, 01:50
..as Schroedinger's cat walks across the room

Icarus
18th Jun 2001, 10:37
Which is of course impossible as the parody of Schroedingers Cat is a thought experiment...

Blacksheep
18th Jun 2001, 13:06
Nonsense. I stuffed the cat into a Klein bottle and cast it rimwards.

You are all figments of my imagination. I can't imagine why. I must be a bit off my trolley, Dolly...

Per ardua ad 3 wing tank...

Feeton Terrafirma
18th Jun 2001, 13:35
I can see you all here. Can you see me? If not, might I suggest that you may be sight impaired. I'm aware of a mental condition where the suffer refuses to see or recognise things which upset them. If you cannot see me you must be suffering this condition, and therefore you should take note of the warning shown before you enter Jet Blast:

** DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED **

Now bugger off!

------------------
I'm not a PPRuNe addict. (just need one more post)

Send Clowns
18th Jun 2001, 21:51
I missed Schroedinger's cat, it must have wandered by on the other side of the mobius strip, chasing the mouse ...

Fippety, flopperty flip,
A mouse on a mobius strip
The strip revolved
And the mouse dissolved
In a paradimensional slip

------------------
'Me here at last on the ground, you in mid air'

ExSimGuy
18th Jun 2001, 23:34
Who let that bl00dy cat in http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

I'm trying to have a barbie and the cats steal the food as soon as I go to freshen my drink :mad:

Hagbard the Amateur
18th Jun 2001, 23:46
Catastrophic. Or a quantum box of Go Cat. A Cat III approach you might say. Sorry, the pun is mightier than the siamese, I'll get back in my box now. Here puss puss puss... ;)

trolleydollylover
19th Jun 2001, 01:44
Did I say work? It is actually a play on words my little Droogs for I am of now for a vellocette and a little bit of the Old In Out. Anybody care to join me down here.

PS the Cats name in the box is Theory...Chaos the Cat Theory.

Flintstone
19th Jun 2001, 01:54
It's pink therefore it's spam.

Steepclimb
19th Jun 2001, 02:59
Actually none of us are here, Steepclimb does not exist except in my mind and as a perception in your mind as you read this. Here, is actually a screen facing you so the only person here is you. I don't actually exist for you, you think you know me but you don't.
So none of us are actually here or there and our existence is only as fleeting as your memory of what you read.
I don't really know why we get so mad at seeing a series of electrons fired at a phosphorescent screen but here we are or not as it happens.
We are quite alone in our thoughts, consider as you read this, that you see an expression of my mind in a form you can read but not understand. But I exist for you as you read this but only as long as you read this. You don't exist for me at all because I cannot be here when I exist for you.

There is an exception though, if for a brief fleeting moment you understand and feel what I say as you read this. You become me and therefore I exist in your mind however briefly.
So to answer the question I'm not out there, I'm here inside you.

[This message has been edited by Steepclimb (edited 18 June 2001).]

Doctor Cruces
19th Jun 2001, 03:33
I thought I was, therefore I must have been.

BlueDiamond
19th Jun 2001, 05:54
I used to be schizophrenic until they cured me and now where am I when I need me most?

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

DX Wombat
19th Jun 2001, 12:22
Not here that's for sure. I'm still the only one here. Perhaps you are out looking for yourself. :) :)

Slasher
19th Jun 2001, 17:35
I have never been what was but what is. I will be what I will be after I was what I was but Ill still be what is when I am what I will be.

Thats got all yuz f*cked hasnt it! :)

DX Wombat
19th Jun 2001, 22:01
No. Just like tomorrow is the day that never comes. :) ;)

Velvet
20th Jun 2001, 03:13
Tomorrow is already here in Australia and it's still yesterday in America.

Met a man upon a stair
When I looked he wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh how I wish he'd go away

Blacksheep
20th Jun 2001, 08:37
But Slasher. One day you will be an ex-Slasher. Then, for an instant, you will be what isn't. After which you will be a was but isn't anymore and a won't be both at the same time. Except that, as you already know, time is a dependent variable and therefore meaningless to an isn't or a wasn't or a won't.

Chaos? It's the only thing that makes sense really. Reality is an illusion.

Through difficulties to the cinema

Arm out the window
20th Jun 2001, 09:54
You can't 'be' what isn't, you can only be something that is.

As it were...

And yet...

trolleydollylover
20th Jun 2001, 10:21
If I'm him and he is you, then who am I and who is eating this kebab for breakfast, and I certainly dont want to know what the creature is in my bed.