PDA

View Full Version : Piper Seneca V

Stassiebal
18th Mar 2004, 23:39
Just out of interest sake... anyone here know about an operator in the U.K. that would be interested in attaching a Seneca 5 to their AOC?? It's a brand new, fully equipped aircraft... even with EFIS.

Dean

Phil Brockwell
19th Mar 2004, 14:39
With the high capital costs, and unfortunately the difficulty in clients differentiating from one Seneca to another it would be difficult to get much more for the aircraft than a Seneca II, which has the advantage of being under 2000kg MTOW.
You can pick up a decent PA34-200T for under 100K GBP, so the lease in rate would be approx 100 GBP dry maintained insured per engine hour. Not much good to you for the money you just spent on a Seneca V

Stassiebal
19th Mar 2004, 14:45
True True... We've got the 1999kg weight kit on though... so at least we'll save a bit on the eurocontrol charges. Reduces payload a bit which is a disadvantage... but you can't have everthing can you.

Tinstaafl
21st Mar 2004, 14:37
Just curious but how much difference does the EFIS gear make to weight & CofG in the Seneca compared to the stuff it replaces?

Stassiebal
23rd Mar 2004, 14:14
Hey Tinstaafl

According to the info I have all the installed options adds 180lbs to the standard empty weight...that gives her a Basic Empty Weight of 3550.5lbs. This translates into a useful load of 1199lbs.

The C of G moves forward by roughly about an inch.

All in all it doesn't make a huge diiffernce.

I don't have the exact figures of just the EFIS in particular. We've had another few options installed.. like for instance a slightly larger oxygen bottle... wx radar... Skywatch... co-pilot instruments and electric trim. And one or two other things I can't put my finger on right now!

Dean

hedgehopper
25th Mar 2004, 13:45
Dean,

Where is the aircraft based, or where would be acceptable?

Hedghopper