PDA

View Full Version : Whats the chance of working in NZ

VDF/MDF
18th Mar 2004, 22:06
I could be way wrong, but I am of the understanding that NZ pilots come over to "DUNNUNDA" and pick up work over here flying whatever, I guess thats because we have an agreement between governments for right to work?

If thats the case is the right to work reciprocated? Can a Dunnundee, get work in Godzone? Must they be sponsered by a company first to get a job in the land of lamb?

How does one find info on companies in NZ, convert licence etc?

And even more importantly, is there work with any of the smaller airlines there? (I have over 3000 hrs, multi and turbine experience) and what are their minimum requirements?

Thanks for any info in advance.

flyby_kiwi
19th Mar 2004, 00:08
As far as immigration goes you can get on the next flight over here and start working. No visas etc req'd
Im 99% sure that to convert your licence is simply a case of filling in a form and handing over some $$$
Your hours are on par with what the regionals seem to be looking for (prehaps you even have more than req'd?) although I havnt really heard of them taking on too many 'foriegners' only on occassions returning Nzer's? Im sure somebody on the inside could confirm or deny this.
At the end of the day we usually go to Oz because the industry here is about the size of a pingpong ball.

currawong
19th Mar 2004, 01:02
flyby is right.

Some folks fly seasonally in both.

Have an Oz mate in Air NZ.

Know a Sth African that went to Eagle.

Good luck.

Sqwark2000
26th Mar 2004, 04:25
VDF/MDF

License conversion is very easy via the Trans Tasman Mutual recognition Agreement (TTMRA).

Check out www.caa.govt.nz , look under "pilots" and then Recognition of foriegn licenses.

Basically a fully issued professional license will be recognised and issued with an equivalent NZ license. Fully issed means ATPL theory but no ATPL license will not be recognised but CPL with MEIR, Instructor ratings etc will be.

Currently OZ candidates have been invited from OZ to attend NZ regional airline interviews with atleast 7-8 Ozmates in the last 3 Eagle air interview rounds.

Eagle's mins are 1000TT, 100-300 Multi etc.
Air Nelson mins are 1000TT with 500 multi

Cheers

S2K

Crack
27th Mar 2004, 17:36
Just come on over, but I agree with Flyby-Kiwi, as a expat, working out side NZ but residing within NZ (work that one out)you will enjoy my fellow country mans short sighted narrow minded aviation way of doing things,with 13k hrs and worked on 8 foriegn licences,and having tried to find work within NZ ,Unless you are prepared to follow some corporate image,be prepared to bend over at any time,and will work for peanuts,and put up with a CAA that has the same corporate image, and is a boy,s/girls club, full of turn coats, that's only purpose is to fleece the industry for revenue,then by all means come on over.
One thing I admire about you Aussies is a Spade is a :mad: spade, but never in NZ.
I have more respect for Whores, than I do for a great percentage of those in the NZ industry.
If you are interested in working outside of Aussie my honest advice is to try Asia / Pacific, Fiji- Tonga-Samoa-The Solies-,you will do better, and earn more.
Ignore all the above if you just want to come across and work for the shear enjoyment of the experiance.:ok:

doubleu-anker
28th Mar 2004, 11:09
Couldnt have put it better myself, as regards to the NZ aviation personal.

Small country sydrome comes to mind.

nzer
1st Apr 2004, 03:48
Oh dear poor "Crack" - so, I take it no-one would give you a job in NZ? Funny that.

Crack
1st Apr 2004, 17:01
Is that the best you can come up with.

I should also add, do not take criticism well.

If you reed ?or can read?I said unless one is prepared to put up with working for peanuts?etc etc etc?.
I have done with whoring my self for JAFA.
It is only outside of NZ that I have earn't decent money,and get more time home with my family ,and allows me to partake in other interests and hobbies.
Small country syndrom,but a :ok: F------ grouse country.

The roar is on soon: Rutt Rutt and Rutt again.

I get to go home for Six weeks and I get paid while off?????.

All that beer, steaks on the BBQ,Riding my motorcycle.

And before you take it to the gutter NZER,ask yourself who needs direction here?.

It is the only country run by Dykes????and liberal minorities,
anyone in NZ that sticks their head up is assured of getting seperated from it.

You still have not solved the retirement fund issue that arose in the mid 80's, plus more social "****e"than most other countries on a per capita basis.

Heres to living well,and becoming an OLD AVIATOR :D

I know who you are?.:ok:

I should also say ? it does help if you keep all your potential debris on the centerline,.
He who live in a glass house should not throw stones,:E