PDA

View Full Version : *dunk!*dunk*dunk*whrrrrrrrrrrrr.....*

nosefirsteverytime
18th Mar 2004, 15:27
Anyone got any stories from the metalshop? Is there anyone here who hasn't been anywhere near one in ages?

I must say, I like how you check that the job is lined up in the clamp on the milling machine. *DUNK!*

*fetches verniers*

:ok:

yachtno1
23rd Mar 2004, 08:23
Some people have a "quaint" idea of Aircraft Maintenance ....!:oh:

nosefirsteverytime
25th Mar 2004, 16:10
steady on, I'm on about general works, not just specific aircraft ones!

Hmmm, I can just imagine it, the owner and the engineer on inspection.......

"hmmm, seems the fuselage is a bit dented *WHACK* there, fixed it. Carl? what you doing? this is no time for a nap........."

TURIN
26th Mar 2004, 16:23
NOSE......

What are you on about?:confused:

nosefirsteverytime
31st Mar 2004, 07:36
I feel I need to explain myself. I have just been introduced to some of the metalshop machines, and their operation. I was just wondering does anyone else have any good stories about their first time or any time working these machines? Also how many here work in a metalshop on a regular basis?

a is dum
2nd Apr 2004, 13:51
Maybe I should repeat the earlier question:

"What are you on about?""

Just been introduced to some of the metalshop machines and does anyone else have any good stories???

Is this some sort of sense of humour fit you're having?

Could you, Mr Nosefirst, respond to something like:
Just been introduced to some of the i-Pods/Laptops/HHC's and does anyone else have any good stories???

Oh yea, I got my willie stuck in the rubberpress once.

:rolleyes:

sprocket
5th Apr 2004, 07:37
Nosefirst: Whatever you hear, just make sure you keep your willie away from the rubberpress ... and the dollie box ...

chaulks
2nd May 2004, 14:52
I witnessed a guy take off half his thumb using a huge wheel grinder(tramco). The boss, wanted hs hand chopped off, and given a hook so he could get back to work!

SeldomFixit
3rd May 2004, 00:34
An' ewe thin' that were bad. When I were boy, darn pit, we had to use tramco to cut through sarnies made weeks ago by Moom n packed in newspaper. N before ewe get all high n marty bout bein able to afford newspaper.......

Tim Inder
10th May 2004, 14:20
Saw a chap cut the pad off his thumb on a circular saw table once - we saved him the pad but it wouldn't fit 'cos there was a 2mm wide slice which the saw blade had chewed up and sprayed up his overalls :yuk:

Same place, I was threading plastic rods freehand with a die on a lathe (forward, on, die on, stop reverse, die off etc) with a hangover. I was dead knackered and came to with a start to see that I'd done half a dozen or so whilst being 9/10ths asleep! Lesson learnt - I made my excuses and took the rest of the day off before I took a bit of myself off...