PDA

View Full Version : Rex Info

latte' please...
17th Mar 2004, 23:17
Have an up coming interview and would like to know a little about the company, namely...
1. How is progression within the company.
2. Is the company doing well. (It appears to be going great...)
3. What are the wages and hours like.
4. is it a fun happy company to work for...

I don't want to sound like I'm being picky, Rex looks like a great company, and there's no guarentees they'd want me anyway, but I would appreciate any info that might give me more insight into the company...
Thanks in advance...
p.s. Forgive my spelling...;)

Todd River Skier
6th Apr 2004, 08:44
Lots of posts if you hit search

whogivesa????
6th Apr 2004, 11:53
Got a couple of mates that work there. They reckon it is great. Company is making money, good load factors. Probably the fastest progression of ANY regional airline at the moment. More you work, the more you get paid! The whole 'DTA" thing seems to work. SOme of the crews are doing 2-3 overnights a week, and taking home some good money as a result.It would appear that REX have their house in order and is on the up and up. Little or no REAL competition in SA, unchallenged routes in NSW and VIC.

Good luck with the interview... hopefully I will have one soon to. waiting , waiting, waiting...............

TurbineDreamer
7th Apr 2004, 12:02
Sorry to argue the point, but what about Regional Link\ Air North, I think you will find they will eventually be very serious competition in Adelaide for REX.

Capt EFIS
7th Apr 2004, 12:50
TurbineDeamer,

Air North might be once they include O'Connors as one of their Regional Link members, but at the moment the two only compete on 2 routes.

Not too sure on how Regional Link will go in the long term. Most of Air North's previous operations are on routes with little or no other competition, so you had to fly with them.

TurbineDreamer
11th Apr 2004, 04:18
latte' please...

Congrats on the interview, can i ask what sort of hours you have. Just trying to get an idea of what is competitive with the regionals at present.

Thanks

Robinxoog
11th Apr 2004, 19:43
TurbineDreamer:

The following is from an e-mail I got from a Rex pilot recruitment person a few weeks back -

"we are not currently employing anyone with less than approximately 2500 TT and 800 ME due to the number of very experienced Pilots available to us"

Published mins are 1500/500.

Cheers,
Robin

P.S. Considering how far below the competitive numbers my hours are, I was very impressed to receive a detailed e-mail of which the above is only a small excerpt. Rex certainly do seem to have the "personal touch", which I reckon counts for a lot these days (or at least, it should).

latte' please...
13th Apr 2004, 02:47
G'day Turbinedreamer,

Have about 3100 hrs, 1200 multi, 600 turbine, most guy's I know who have been interviwed have about the same...

Thanks to all for your replies, had to postpone the interview in the end till the next round of recruiting. They sound like a good company to work for...:ok:

johhnyrelegate
13th Apr 2004, 03:52
and how did u apply, just via Pilotstaffcv, or did u send a hard copy too......

latte' please...
13th Apr 2004, 11:55
Just applied on staffcv. I was a bit surprised, as I hadn't updated much and wasn't chasing Rex at the time. A few of my friends got called as well so I guess we were just in the experience bracket they were looking for at the time.