View Full Version : Eal

kestral1
17th Mar 2004, 19:57
To all those unfortunate EAL employees sorry to hear of your misfortune as i have a few friends at EAL myself i have told them there is light at the end of the tunnel. mytravel airways are doing a massive recruitment drive throughout the uk so give them a call or apply online all the best and once again sorry to see a British charter airline go under.:{

Brandy
17th Mar 2004, 21:16
Well personally i would not bother with my travel ! as they seem to enjoy putting people through mindless maths tests and psycometric rubbish!!! What is that all about ??

I thought being cabin crew was about our ability to interact with people and deal with situations as they arise! I have never in my years of flying had to add up currency conversion in my head??? and if it is a case of whether i can divide multiply or subtract over me getting 300 people off an A/C in emergency then they can keep thier tests!!!!

Thanks for your words of support tho! I am sure that we have some testing times ahead (EAAC People).

Thanks for some Fab trips and Good luck to all ! ;)

leagallyblonde25
17th Mar 2004, 21:23
I wish i could apply for other airlines but im about to go on maternity leave in 4weeks and wont be able to go back to work till sept dont suppose there will be many airlines recruiting then. Feeling a bit sorry for myself!!:(

Anyway good luck for the future to everyone i worked with had a fab 2years:ok: :ok:

YYC F/A
18th Mar 2004, 03:22
I just want to add my sincere condolences to everyone that has lost their livelihood at European. :(

I actually went to an interview for EAAC last summer when on layoff from my last airline. Yes, it seemed a bit disorganised at times, but I met a lot of great and hardworking people.

I also lost my job at my airline :( (I was told today). Today seems to be the day for bad news. Fortunately for me, I had a suspicion it was coming and I had applied at BA. I start with BA in a few months.

Good luck to everyone who has the arduous task of finding another flying job.

My friends who don't fly don't understand. "Why can't you just get another job, there's loads out there?". But flying is a lifestyle, not just a job. There's nothing like it.

You're wings might be clipped for now, but I hope you get back in the air soon. Good luck.

crundale
18th Mar 2004, 08:37
Firstly commiserations to all those involved. Like many others been there and know how it feels....

Along with everyone else on here shining a light down the dark tunnel, can let you know that there are many cabin crew positioins for all ranks going at XLA.
EXCEL AIRWAYS (http://www.excelairways.com)
Check the website and apply online or give a ring.

Good luck to all and hope you all find something

jmccrew
18th Mar 2004, 18:10
Thomas Cook are also taking on crew !!!

Mike16
18th Mar 2004, 18:14
Hi Guys

Easyjet are recruiting very highly in the south area at the mo, good pay and good firm to work for, well i would say that iwork for them.
Thomas cook, mytravel, bmi baby,islandsflug and virgin are all recruiting at the moment

mike

Off Stand
18th Mar 2004, 20:19
I too would like to wish all the best to all of the guys at EAL. BA are also recruiting at the moment, it does say for LHR on the website, but they are training for staff at EUROGATWICK too. Whatever you end up doing, all the best.

sweety
18th Mar 2004, 21:20
I am truly sorry to hear that. I know exactly how it feels to loose your job, especially if you loved it... :( I wish you all the best. X

mytfly
19th Mar 2004, 22:04
For 'Brandy's' info, I am a recruiter for MyTravel and your personal opinion on the 'mindless maths' test and 'psychometric rubbish' is accepted. It is your opinion, but for everyone elses info the maths + 'ENGLISH' test are set at GCSE level? Where you have got your info from I do not know, however I hope your opinion does not put people off!

Part of the recruitment day is group discussions, and like you say, interaction with people. There is also a maths/numeracy test and English test both set to Gcse level, which for most people, should not be a problem.

As for enjoying putting people through these tests, then I can only say you are making a false statement, as I for one do not enjoy tests, but we all have to start somewhere. If candidates did not take a maths test on the Assesment day, what if they were successful enough at the interview, offered a training course, then fell behind due to lack of numeracy skills. Did you ever have manual bars? Foreign currency conversions? Manual bar counts? Just a thought?

Safety is a priority. Nothing will change that. The whole reason why we are there in the first place. We also offer drinks/sales and it is an idea to have good numeracy skills.

P.s We need to make sure we have the right amount of people in the rafts!!!! (joke!;)

Best wishes to all.......

http://www.mytravelairways-careers.co.uk

tart with cart
22nd Mar 2004, 14:52
Hi Guys,

I was so sad to hear about European, I worked with you guys at the beginning for 6 months & had such amazing times & met such wonderful people. I really have missed the atmosphere, fun & friendship we all shared. I'm with Emirates now & we are really short of crew, if any of you are interested go to www.emirates.com

Good luck to you all. xxx

BALboywanabe
27th Mar 2004, 00:32
Sorry to hear about your jobs guys. Just a quick note from our camp (Britannia) to say hope you manage to get something soon, sad to see EAL go.