View Full Version : Edgley/Brooklands/FLS Optica

Hokusai
17th Mar 2004, 18:58
Forgive me to post this message for the second time, but after getting zero response in "Engineers & Technicians" forum for about 2 weeks, I thought it was time to move on.

I am loooking for the ducted fan section (duct, fan, shaft and vanes) of Edgley/Brooklands Aircraft/FLS Aerospace Optica. In case you are not familiar with it, she has a figure you'd never forget once you lay your eyes on her. Does anyone have any idea where I might find them? Also, how about drawings or manuals? Any piece of lead is appreciated... Thank you very much!

Aerohack
17th Mar 2004, 19:50
I'm fairly sure the production rights and tooling for the Optica are still owned by FLS Aerospace, after a planned deal to sell the whole package to Malaysia fell through. Several Opticas and stocks of components used to be stored at FLS's facility at Bournemouth International Airport. Try www.flsaerospace.com.

Hokusai
18th Mar 2004, 12:03
Thank you very much! I've just sent an email asking about the items to them. I appreciate your help very much!

Boss Raptor
18th Mar 2004, 20:27
Optica and Sprint jigs, tools, prototypes, designs etc. all sold by FLS to a UK company called AGI over a year ago and jigs etc. have been moved abroad to the new production facility...and are preparing to put the aircraft back into production very soon :ok:

Hokusai
22nd Mar 2004, 16:27
Thanks for the info! I'll look into AGI!