PDA

View Full Version : A new Spam?

BOAC
17th Mar 2004, 17:39
Latest round of spam is thwarting Mailwasher as it tells me that 'I cannot bounce to my own address'.

Since the headers have no reference to my email address (some are to 'undisclosed recipients') I am stumped!!:confused:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Mar 2004, 17:56
BOAC,

There is a bunch of spam out there that uses the email addy that the spam is going to as the reply to email.

If you look at the full header you will see the actual email and IP Address it is coming from.

Take Care,

Richard

BOAC
17th Mar 2004, 20:11
How do we fight this one, then? I now have had 6 emails of this sort, and - none show any sign of my addy in the header -anywhere. One, in fact, was to a pprune mod with a name alphabetically close to mine, but a defunct email address in the pprune coffers - what we call a 'roll-over jackpot' in the UK lottery. :D

Where now?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Mar 2004, 22:43
BOAC,

I go into the full header and extract the actual email addy and IP, then I Black List them. :ok:

I know it is a little more time consuming but it keeps them from coming back. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

Bad-Man
18th Mar 2004, 20:16
Is this the type of spam You are discussing??

"Wrom: AFXISHJEXXIMQZUIVOTQNQEMSFDULHPQQWOYIYZUNN

Reply-To: "Peggy Wilkinson" <[email protected]>

To: [email protected]

CC: [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected]

Subject: [email protected] :upgrade you qualification.

Date: Thu 03/18/04 09:10 AM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1 text/html Save

truth e9W

Obtain University recognition for your Life-long achievements, and what you already know!"

I am receiving this type of sh.t at a regular basis, and i wonder if i want a keep my PPrUNe mail.
Brgds B