PDA

View Full Version : Air France/KLM proposes CSA to join the new group

Bre901
17th Mar 2004, 14:57
Just seen it on "Le Monde"

The automatic translations I tried are utter cr@p and I'm too busy to translate by hand.

I posted it (in French) on the French forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123091)

answer=42
18th Mar 2004, 12:04
translation:
Air France is going to propose to CSA, the Czech member of the Skyteam alliance, that it eventually merge with the Air-France-KLM airline group, which starts its existence Monday with a friendly takeover bid for the Dutch company. Dominique Patry, the French company’s Director of international affairs, told a seminar organised by the Directorate-General of Civil Aviation (DGAC) Wednesday that “We have told CSA that it is our intention to offer them integration into the group at the time of their choosing. We are not necessarily in an great hurry to integrate them right now [but] my forecast this that this will happen.” The agreed takeover bid to be launched on Monday by Air France for its Dutch rival will create the largest airline group in the world in terms of turnover and the largest in Europe in terms of traffic.