PDA

View Full Version : Share the knowledge people!!!!

PBC
17th Mar 2004, 03:17
Hi everyone,,
Now, i know all you guys in the "know" like to share knowledge but hate repeating yourselves so if this has already been asked tell me where to find it 'cos so far ive come up with nothing!!!!

Anyway.... had CPL just under 4 months 230TT. Living in Melbourne.... was chasing a guy in QLD for a job went up for interview to find there was no job but just wanted to meet me??? Not sure what that was about, does that happen often????
Anyway thinking heading upto Broome and surrounding area.... I have been told there are operators up there who hire people with low hours, but so far havn't come up with any company names????
Wondering if anyone knows any????

Any help would be greatly appreciated TA :ok:

Macrohard
17th Mar 2004, 09:37
To find a wealth of info on prune try the search function.

To find almost every charter or RPT operator look up the yellow pages on line. Many have links to websites, all have phone numbers and some have names.

Best of luck.

helimatt
18th Mar 2004, 07:22
G'day PBC
Operators in Broome are as follows:

Broome Aviation, who have a bunch of 210s, a 310, and a couple of Titans.

King Leopold Air, who have a bunch of 210s, a 206 and a 172rg

Broome Air Services, who have a 182rg, a 210 and a Baron. Possibly also a Seneca.

I'm not largely savvy on the starchy side of the fence, but i would suggest the time to be here is now as the season start is only a few weeks away.
If you were to come up you would be unwise to expect to find work this season. It does happen; right place right time etc, but not often.

If you hang around for a while and get to know the industry up here and the people in it AND very importantly, your not a blithering fool, I would think your chances for a start in the 05 season would be OK.

Drop me a PM if you want more info

Good Luck:ok:

Edited to replace censored word with blithering fool

The Voice
18th Mar 2004, 22:08
PBC .. you could try the topend .. however you may be a bit late for this year .. for interest, Kakadu Air ran an add in the NT News Sat last looking for drivers for their scenic stuff .. maybe give them a call and check out their requirements .. most likely your too late to reply to the add tho' ..

PBC
19th Mar 2004, 04:18
Thanks for the help guys!! :D

34R
19th Mar 2004, 08:51
Kakair ask for 400TT. Unless the big fella has changed his attitude that minimum probably still stands.