PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus and Adaware

Golden Runways
17th Mar 2004, 00:20
Hello!

Firstly many thanks to Richard. I have read several times your recommendation for trends micro house call. it has just helped me delete 'Exploit.Java.Bytverify'.

I have adaware 6 build 182, spybot, and spyware blaster, as well as kaspersky and zone alarm. KAV kept finding the verifierbug.class file every time adaware ran. it deleted it ok, but I couldn't find its source, as it was in a zipped file somewhere. adaware brings files into its own cache to analyse them, and that was when KAV found it.

So I took Richard up on the micro house call option. found them in the recently downloaded sun java, for firebird. I had promised to send the files to Kaspersky. So after uploading them, I had to re-run house call, to delete them from AOL's misc\temp file where it zips attachments for email.

Just rechecked with KAV and Adaware, and all seems well so far. I thought you might like to read my experiences. Interesting that KAV never fully found and deleted the initial file, although the zip file was not a direct threat. The SUN java is a new addition to my system, and yet has proved susceptible when windows java machine did me ok! Most important for me, is the combination of different programs working to get a solution. Top marks to the trend micro house call, and you Richard! KAV online support have been very helpful as ever too. The lavasoft support forum makes several notes that Norton et al fail to fully delete this trojan too. So give Trend a go!

Click here (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/)

Richard, I need to add that I have still managed to avoid doing a full re-install, since deleting the dreaded Real One player!!! Maybe one day....

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Mar 2004, 00:30
Golden Runways,

I am glad to hear it worked for you. That is great news! :ok:

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Thanx for the heads up on Norton, I learned something new today. ;)