PDA

View Full Version : italians, I need your advice

bluefalcon
16th Mar 2004, 12:45
Dear Italians,

Im a low experienced pilot with the JAR CPL with frozen ATPL, like many of us in this forum, Im desperately seeking for a job anywhere in the world.
In Spain where i come from, things are pretty screwed up. Either you´re type rated and have many hours or you must have a very important "contact" or "enchufe" how we say here.
I wanted to ask you fellow latin guys of how the situation is in italy, cause id like to move overthere, I`ve been many times and I love it, apart that we spanish have a lot in common with u guys.

Does it work the same way overthere with contacts, and if so, how is the entry, what kind of exams or tests assesments do they have, speaking of course of small airlines not big ones like alitalia or volare.Here in Spain depending on the contact and the airline, you just get interviewed and passed directly to the type rating.
Molto grazzie (if its correct), and thanks for any possible responses,
Happylandings to all!! ;)

Mascalzone78
16th Mar 2004, 16:58
Hi my friend I am sorry for you but I think that you should move somewhere else. In Italy the things works like in Spain and even worst, here infact does not matter if you are experienced pilot; if you hold a type rating or if you have military background the only important thing is who you know and how powerfull he is.
besides all this Italy is not yet a full approuved JAA member state so you may have problems with your licence and especially in getting a rating here on your JAA licence.
If you accept an advice concentrate on finding a job in others countries (like UK) where the skill is the most important thing to get hired.
Sorry if I destroied your hopes but that's the trueth.
Buena fortuna amigo!!
Ciao

tarjet fixated
16th Mar 2004, 17:07
Give it a try my friend,never give up!
There are lots of foreign pilots here in Italy in every airline apart from Alitalia;of course most of them are coming from previous airline experiences and have the appropriate type rating but i have also flown with rookie pilots (even not italians).
So try your luck,sending a resume and doing an interview won't cost you much.
As far as type ratings are concerned there will be no problem because you will either have a restriction on your licence for the specific airline only (as some foreign pilots in my company) or no restriction at all since there also are TRE's with other JAA licences in some airlines here and the type rating syllabus is JAA approved.
good luck!