PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bay Sea plane base

farrari
16th Mar 2004, 06:20
Any one know how things are going at Rose Bay these days , who is running it , etc ?

vee tail
17th Mar 2004, 06:17
it was operated by Sydney Harbour Seaplanes ???
Henry Gorman is the guys name

They were operating this time last year but not sure now:ok: :ok:

OpsNormal
17th Mar 2004, 07:45
Um, not quite right vee tail. Henry's still going great guns and his base is Palm Beach Seaplanes (at PLB, no less), using a C185. He does fly to RSE, but used to use the Imperial Peking to dock. The Rose Bay base is (as far as I am aware), still operating under the name of Sydney Harbour Seaplanes, and bears no connection with the person who used to own the name and company after the split between himself and Vic Walton in the 90's, apart from one of the Beavers being on line with SHS. They operate a few different types and from what I understand also conduct some training, but this may have changed...

The other guy who operates a Beaver floatie around the traps in SY is Steve Krug, who operates his business using an immaculate amphib DHC-2.

Can anyone tell me if the Kennedy's still use their C208 around SY/BK?

Hope this helps,
OpsN.

:}

rearviewmirror
18th Mar 2004, 22:35
After reading posts I did some research and contacted some people who are in the know, allegedly.

The Seaplane base is now a generis check in and reception area for no less then 4 operators now. The Base is on the Eastern side of the white building rest. It is actually run by some sort of external contracting company. The have responsibilty of the physical property of the dock and shed. It is said that anything they touch turns to poo.

As for the operators Ops is right about Henry, he is going great guns. He now goes by the name of Sydney By Seaplane, and operates the one C-185. He is based out of PLB but spends most of his time out of RSE where most of the action is.

Steve Krug owns and operates Sea Wing and as Ops mentioned has an immaculate beaver. I actually saw it yesterday. It is the only amphibious aircraft operating out of RSE. He overnights it at BK.

Sydney Harbour Seaplanes used to be the main operators out of RSE and had an almost monopoly over the shed until new player listed below came along. They have 2 and a 1/2 aircraft. One average looking Beaver and a C-185. I anyone has been up north they will now the chief pilot/ ops mgr TH who I think owned Hamo Air or one of the companies up there. Don't think they have an AOC, but am not sure, info is 4th hand.

The new operator is Seaplane Safaris. They have been the main operator over the summer and have good looking aircraft. They are having an early life crisis, lost a key player and have dropped the ball. They have 2 Beavers in good shape and a C-185. All have same colour scheme which seems to be rare out at RSE.

Anyone has other info, it would be interesting to hear how 4 operators can operate out of the one small are with such limited space for aircraft.