PDA

View Full Version : is That DISCRIMINATION??? from LUFTHANSA

skyman68
15th Mar 2004, 20:42
I have decided to post all discrimnation answers from employers if it is legal by Mr Moderator.

this one is from Luft.
hey, do you know what JAA means???I am toast, I am older than 32....:{ I am 32+365 days :( and I do not have a german license but a JAA UK, heyyyy! that is illegal, no???who want sue them?

read this and have fun. Apparently their school is close of bankruptcy.

Lufthansa Passage and Condor

good knowledge of the German language
age not older than 32 years & 364 days
„Allgemeine Hochschulreife“ or at least „fachgebundene Hochschulreife“ which qualifies you to commence studies at a German University.
holding the German Airline transport Pilot License (ATPL) with Long Range/ or JAR Licence
600 hrs experience including 300 hrs multicrew /multiengine Aircraft
permission to work in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Lufthansa Cargo AG

a minimum of 1000 hrs. on Jet- Aircraft
all other requirements apply as mentioned above

If you comply with the above mentioned requirements, you have done the first step to become a Lufthansa Pilot. Currently we fulfil our demand of pilots via our own flight school. As soon as we have further information we will open a new module for online applications on our on it will be possible for you, to send us your application via internet (www.lufthansa-pilot.de).

Best regards

RowleyUK
15th Mar 2004, 21:53
What the hell??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pilot Pete
15th Mar 2004, 22:05
holding the German Airline transport Pilot License (ATPL) with Long Range/ or JAR Licence

The emphasis being on or JAR Licence which I think means your JAA licence is sufficient.

As for your age, well I am sure it is discrimination(at least in the UK), but I suspect there has been no legal precident set and someone will have to take them to court to set one................

PP

witchdoctor
16th Mar 2004, 09:12
B4e glad they didn't offer to take you in their German mouth. Alles klar?:D

skyman68
16th Mar 2004, 20:52
if there any attorney here, who needs a customer to sue lufthansa, please send me a privat message.

I remember a guy who sued hooters because he was not a nice chicks.(only nice girl works at restaurant hooters), the guy won the case.

PPRuNeUser0215
16th Mar 2004, 22:48
What about companies requiring a certain number of hours on type ? Is it discrimination too, because if it is then I am going to sue big time !
No win, no fee ;)
Poor people without Jet time, their C152 don't get the respect and consideration they deserve. After all, a 152 or a Boeing, they are both made from minerals and liquid fossils run through their pipes.
I demand equal treatment and equal rights for all !!!

scroggs
16th Mar 2004, 23:24
Actually, if I remember correctly, the guy who tried to sue Hooters for not employing him lost his case. Anyway, US law is not EU law.

As far as age restrictions go, I believe that age restrictions to enter a course of training are legal, though I'll happily defer to someone with greater knowlege. Age restrictions for employment as a pilot are certainly legal, otherwise we'd all go on to well beyond 60!

Skyman, you come across as a major league whinger, and have done so ever since you entered this site. There are many people in a worse situation than you, who are far more likely to get a job because they don't piss people off. You do. You are very boring; please go away.

Scroggs

maddog29
18th Mar 2004, 15:01
hi skyman,

that is not all LH does. e.g. you failed there test, they ban you from the whole LH concerne, which means, Cargo and Condor and LHCiyline. so as a german you havent much left to fly for anymore. after that i have heared the have taken Spanish and Dutch pilots, without this f**** DLR test as well as pilots from Austria, they paid for there German lessons and send them on LINE. I guess this is illegal.

hey but LH isnt the ONLY company

happy landings

Mad

trainer too 2
19th Mar 2004, 09:39
Skyman,

Maybe learn to speak German, as all the Dutch , Belgium and other foreign pilots in Lufthansa did. Or else get a life! :rolleyes:

pa28biggles
19th Mar 2004, 10:51
Well said Scroggs and Studi.
I am fed up of Skyman's input to this site. When people ask questions, he answers in a sarcastic, non-helpful and patronising way. Then he posts on this forum expecting people to help him.
Treat people how you would like to be treat, or else get out of here.
PA28.

SlowMover
21st Mar 2004, 09:56
Hi folks,

short comment to the topic Lufthansa: The don't have any need to employ any pilot at the moment. They have hundreds of students from their own school on their waiting lists. The number of ready entries was always very small, it shrinked to an absolute minimum right now.
Anyway, even if they are looking for some ready entries, I am sure they would prefer german speaking ones as well as Swiss or Dutch pilots, because of the similar training they went through, quite comparable to the Lufthansa's training.

So it is very difficult to join Lufthansa, but I don't think this has something to do with discrimination.

I would say, just give other companies a try, Lufthansa is too far away for the most of us, just like British Airways.

sixmilehighclub
24th Mar 2004, 13:13
Skyman, If you were that interested in LH you would have applied before you turned 32 and 364days, so stop blaming others for missing the deadline. Youre not the only one, and LH isnt the only airline. Most airlines have minimum requirements on hours, licence types, ratings, etc so that all those training are starting on similar levels or better. Why should they offer more basic training than that? They are not a charity! Knowledge of German? In the UK all conversations on board between crew must take place in English. I assume its the same for Germany? (just an assumption). Try earning a living instead of trying to sponge off lawsuits. And incinuating bankruptcy, you ought to be looking over your shoulder for an impending lawsuit. Hey maybe they heard you were about to apply and changed the age limit accordingly? You dont like my comments? Sue me! Just drop it and get on with your life.
PS: Do you know what 'hooters' actually are??

Right, I'm breathing again now.......

We have mentioned EU and US so heres a note on UK age law for anyone bored enough to read it......

In the UK there are no current laws on discriminating against age. Companies (all industries) can specify upper and lower age limits for whatever reason they feel like. The only restriction applies to employment agencies and employment businesses, for applicants under 18 years old, which says they cannot be registered until they have sought vocational guidance from a professional, ie a school careers adviser.

In my experience, most companies restrict ages to keep an image/ ensure mature minded responsible teams/ to cut costs using the lower minimum wage, so they know its not just people looking for a change after trying several other jobs careers/ or if sponsoring you this allows them to sign you up for a few years after to recover costs spent on your training. For operational resons and in line with some countries laws, there are rules within JAR Ops to specify age restrictions on operating certain routes - somebody correct me if I'm wrong please!

I have recruited for clients in the past who restrict ages just so they have less applicants to handle!!

Uk employment age laws will change this year.

There are UK laws however on gender, gender reassignment, religious beliefs, disability, race, etc.... which is a whole different kettle of fish and there are even exceptions where discrimination is acceptable.

DTI website will give info on an Uk law issues.

JimKnopf
25th Mar 2004, 09:16
another example: a friend of mine..canadian..motherlanguage english..station manager for over ten years with LH in canada applied for a check in (!!!) position in FRA..they invited him to FRA on his own expenses (!) for an ENGLISH INTERVIEW...haha these stupid plonkers..and the best thing...he didnt get the job...dont know why..all I know is that is it not worth to apply with LH..at least not for a non-flying job..cheers and greetz from germany! JIM

PPRuNeUser0215
25th Mar 2004, 16:02
So...
I worked for BA as cabin crew a few years ago. Was interviewed (in English obviously), passed and then was re-invited for a language test.... in English.

Not sure about LH but even if BA's selection looked a bit odd at the time, I enjoyed it and can only recommend it.
Their train set after all.

skyman68
26th Mar 2004, 18:21
when you lose your job, and you dont find any new job after years because you are not 28 or 29...it s hard particulalrly when you have commercial experience.
I do not wish to anyone to lose their job in aviation.

herta
27th Mar 2004, 06:52
Fortunatly there are not only LH and sister companies in Deutschland : Air Berlin, LTU, DBA, Germanwings, HLX, Germania, Happag Lloyd....

sixmilehighclub
27th Mar 2004, 10:58
Skyman

I am 28 and have lost jobs in aviation twice. Its the industry.

From every post you have written, it really seems like you feel you have been singled out, or like you feel you are the only person in this position. If you remain bitter about it, when you speak to potential employers you will be giving off vibes that the world owes you. It does come accross in your posts.

If I was talking to you as a potential employer I would have serious doubts about whether or not you would be arrogant or a trouble maker, most airlines consider if you'd fit into the team as well as your skills.

You need to get it out of your system, or get over it! Change the way you're thinking and your luck will change.

Six