PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training?

Matty J
15th Mar 2004, 18:31
Hi Guys!

As the title suggests im after some info on Orlando Flight Training as i am looking to do my PPL with them.

I've seen their site and they look proffesional and the prices are very competetive. The reasons im looking into them is because its in an area of Orlando im very familiar with and have heard a few good things about them in the past.

So from all you budding pilots, whats your experiences or thoughts?

Cheers.

Matt.

mazzy1026
16th Mar 2004, 07:22
Hi Matt - I done the same research that you are trying to do now. I got some really strong opinions about OFT and they are all in here already. If you run a search you may just be suprised as to why I am now staying in the UK.

Best of luck

Maz

Poontang Luva
16th Mar 2004, 13:22
Mazzy u might remember me from my OFT thread from last Jan...

Anyway I went down to EFT and got my CPL pretty quick, and the test was pretty easy.

Oh and your fears about CAA/JAA not recognising my licence upon return is UNFOUNDED!

Matt, In the thread I started OFT got rubbished by just about everyone. So i'll recommend EFT from personal experience. Also I've heard Naples is quite good. Do a search.

Good Luck:ok:

Sungod Ra
16th Mar 2004, 17:21
This topic comes up every full moon!! DO A SEARCH!!!

There are a million and one articles on OFT.

Summary;

Used to be good value.

Last 18 months - provide a SH*T service. OFT will take your money and will not refund any credit you have when you leave etc. They'll mess you around, remain as incompetent as ever, not reply to e-mails, say your accommodation is sorted when it isn't and charge you for flights that you never made. When the CAA examiner passes you on your PPL he'll whisper in your ear that he's surprised the CAA haven't withdrawn their approved FTO status yet. The airframes are ropey, and we were told not to worry about flying inside the KMCO Mode C veil with duff transponders. Wonder if the FAA know about this?

Don't go to OFT!!! By all means fly in th USA, it's spectacular!!

mazzy1026
16th Mar 2004, 19:50
Hi Poontang - yeah maybe I did go over the top a bit with that licensing theory, I was acting on a rumour I heard so thought it was best to see if it was legitimate - after all, I was kinda at the beginning of my learning curve then and needed as much info as poss - happy days

Sungod I agree with you totally - I cant wait to go flying in the USA for obvious reasons, but definately wouldn't go near OFT. :ok:

Enjoy people

Maz