PDA

View Full Version : Class 1/2 medical renewal/revalidate I am confused??

P1 Forever
15th Mar 2004, 16:33
Dear all,

I know this has been covered many times before, however I have done a search and can not find anything to fit my question.

Basically, I had class 1 medical exam in June 2002 and it expired a year later in June 2003.

At the moment I am a PPL holder therfore do not need the privileges of a class1.

Q. Will I have to get a class 1 medical in June this year or will I effectively hold a class 2 - but for how long?

Also, in the future, will I need to go to Gatwick for any further medicals if for instance I leave it too long to renew class 1?

As you can see I am confused a little, therefore if anyone could make it clearer for me then I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

crazyscot
15th Mar 2004, 21:44
Check the fine print on your certificate. Mine states (in the bottom right quadrant) that "A Class 1 medical certificate is acceptable for Class 2 privileges and validities" - to me, this says that you can use it to fly with your PPL until June 2007. (See the validity table - on mine, it's in the bottom left quadrant.)

P1 Forever
20th Mar 2004, 14:12
Hi,

thanks for your post crazyscot, sorry a bit late in getting back.

Anyway, yeah I see what you mean with the class 2 privileges and validities part on the certificate, so I guess it makes sense that it will do until 2007.

My main worry is when I want to change back to Class 1. If I change it back between now and 2007, then will I have to go back to Gatwick or more importantly will I be tested on the initial standards for eyesight, hearing etc....?

If you or anyone knows the answer then please post, thanks.

Cheers for now...

Easy226
23rd Mar 2004, 08:47
Hi, i have my class one medical renewal tomorrow and used to hold a class 2. I was also thinking the same as you, so for this year, just in case,i have opted to do the class one renewal.I will ask he doctor tomorrow.
Many Thanks
Dan

P1 Forever
23rd Mar 2004, 10:10
Thanks for asking Dan,

cheers!