PDA

View Full Version : Jet Type Ratings - Where do I start

smudge10
15th Mar 2004, 09:47
Looking at getting into Bizjets from charter and after some info:

1. What type of bizjet gives the best job opportunities?
2. Would I be in with a chance without hours on type?
3. Have 1020 hrs tt with 180 multi. Will I be looked at?
4. Thinking of self sponsored, any school preferences?

Any useful info would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanx

Oluf
15th Mar 2004, 14:39
Think you will find some answers in this thread

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120099

Good luck

Oluf:ok:

Shockwaves
15th Mar 2004, 15:34
Smudge10

I've sent you a PM

smudge10
16th Mar 2004, 19:08
Thanks for the thread Oluf - much appreciated.

Shockwaves, have posted you a PM

johnnypick
16th Mar 2004, 23:55
Sorry to jump on this thread, but, what is needed to convert a FAA type rating to JAA (citation excel for instance). I have an FAA Multi CPL/IR and soon to have a JAA CPL/IR, if I did a type rating, I'd like to end up with on both licences.

JP

sinistar
17th Mar 2004, 17:33
I take it from your post you haven't yet got the Excel type on your FAA licence. If that is the case, when you go to Flight Safety or Simuflite to do the course, make sure you get JAA standard training. You will then do your check-ride with an FAA/JAA examiner. You then get the type on your FAA licence. You will also be given a form to be completed by a UK TRI/TRE on type. You have to do 4 or 6 take off and landings (depending on your experience on similar types etc) with the TRI/TRE. When this completed form is returned to the original flight training organisation your training record is released to the CAA and you will be sent your Excel type rating on your UK/JAA licence.

By the way, Excel TRI/TRE's are like gold dust in the UK. Aviation Beauport in Jersey has one. He's a decent chap and should be able to help.

Shockwaves
23rd Mar 2004, 09:04
Smudge10

Another PM awaits!

smudge10
23rd Mar 2004, 15:51
Shockwaves - U have a new PM.