PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Interview

Spookyduke
15th Mar 2004, 07:08
Got a 3 day interview coming in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any good info that might help? I've been trying to source some background info on the company and are coming up short at the moment

If anyone can help i'd appreciate it

DVDA
16th Mar 2004, 03:42
Check your PM's

charliemanson
16th Mar 2004, 20:00
You want advice?
Apply to Origin!!!! None of this three day cr@# apparently you're doing it hard if you even get interviewed.

splatgothebugs
16th Mar 2004, 22:27
But at least you have job security with EAG.

Didn't think that ORG even did and interview???????????????

splat

Thump & Go
17th Mar 2004, 01:08
Do you call that advice Charlie? Why don't you point Spooky in the direction of a good cult or something?:p

Cheers Sharon Tate :E

Don Won
18th Mar 2004, 07:00
Keora, Keora, .......... Keora; Spooky cograts on the big call up dude but I'm afraid if you got more than .5 actual IF and don't hearld from some boaring flying (aerosexual r us inc) school where all the multi you do is AR-HN 18Hld/App Circ for the grass blaa bla bla you mite as well pull the pin now! well in saying that they have taken the odd knob gobbler from some of the GA companys.
Eagle Air is a disgrace, this company was once quite cool but over the last few year's it's taken a sad turn for the worst. what happened??
I think some one needs to let their people know that they only fly little B1900 and to pull in their heads in!!
I mean company's like Air NS and MT Cook give you the 45min is he a good sort interview and your away, none of this 3 day CX style bulls%$#!
Last time I was in NZ I couldn't get on an Origin flight so I had to take an eagle flight but once we landed the co even had to get up and tell us not to hit our heads on the door on the way out I almost pissed myself laughing the 1900D looks like a flying horse float so that you can stand up in them only to KO yourself on the door way out !!!!!!
At the moment eagle are finding it hard to find flight crew so don't be supprised if there are some of our neigbours from Oz and the pacific Islands with you, guess it would be nice if they supported the NZ avaition industy since they did take a pretty big chunk of the Air NZ goverment bailout pie with the fleet replacment .................
If you whant some advice, I hate to say it but Mr Manson's on the right track I would be applying to air ns, orig, chats, arwk ect all these company's are different and have there good and bad points but are alot better than eagle in some way be it pay, base a/c or time to command.

splatgothebugs
18th Mar 2004, 08:50
Don Won.

Mate you couldn't be much further off the mark.

The amount of guys and girls that have come from GA in this company far out weigh those who have come from aeroclub instructing.

Eagle is the fastest company to be with in this country if you want to get command time and then move on.

If we didn't tell you to mind your head on the door you would f%#ken wack it and then look at us like we should have told you, but in your case it wouldn't hurt cause theres nothing in there. :)

Valid points:

The three day interview is a little long and maybe not necessery.

Pays not as good as NSN or COOK and we work harder, BUT in the long run it will work out better.

SPOOKY, don't listen to any of the shizza on this bloody forum. PM me if you need anymore info.

splat :ok:

PS, DOn you should do more research prior to mouthing off

lethalweapon
18th Mar 2004, 18:55
FLYING HORSE FLOAT

I like that Don Ha Ha Ha

Woodend1
18th Mar 2004, 20:06
I've seen the Eagle pilots "work harder". Watching a full 1900 unload at NZWS one day. The pax waiting inside for their bags a good 15mins. The pilots stayed out of the -DZ whilst the girl tasked with unloading struggled for ages to get all the luggage out.

splatgothebugs
18th Mar 2004, 20:59
Don't judge us all by the actions of the few.....................

flyby_kiwi
19th Mar 2004, 00:02
So what are the backgrounds of the recently announced interviewees?
The pool must be a bit thinner with ORG and NSN having taken a few out of the equation over the last couple of months?

stillalbatross
19th Mar 2004, 00:46
From experience I'd have to say that the "God-I-think-I'm- Amazing-And-So-Should-Everyone-Else Prize" should go to Air Nelson pilots. :-)

On the topic of interviews, got a mate flying in Europe (NZ Passport)wants to join Air NZ. Got on to 737s at 18 with 230 hrs, and picked up his 737 command at 21. Just gone 22 now with all but about 20 of his 800 hrs multi as command on the 737. 2 and a bit thousand total time. Is this going to work against him in comparison to the usual uphill GA slog in NZ?

NoseGear
19th Mar 2004, 01:08
Spooky, good on you mate, and good luck. The interview is broken into 3 parts over 3 days. First is the formal interview, no doubt you have plenty of info on that part, mainly know your CV, IFR ops and alternate minima and know how to interpret an approach plate. The sim ride, well, good luck with that! The group excercise is not something you can study for as it is to look at your personality in a less structured enviroment, and to be honest, it does work. A few points, don't always be the leader or follower and don't be a ********! See, easy stuff!

Woodend1, so what? Pilots are not paid to unload bags. If that was the case, hire more ground staff.

Stillalbatross, what exactly is your question? If he's applying to Freedom, Jetconnect or Pacblue, do you really think they'll care if he did'nt fly a duchess or some other underpowered, overloaded piston twin? And what experience, if any, do you speak of to slag off the Air Nelson boys like that? :hmm:

Nosey

Cypher
19th Mar 2004, 02:33
Sheesh..
sounds like some people need their little round bellies scratched.....

:rolleyes:

Woodend1
19th Mar 2004, 03:25
That's the attitude Nosey. Sweet as bro.

Thump & Go
19th Mar 2004, 07:07
Good on you Spook - follow Nosey's advice to the letter and you'll be in with a chance. Just play it down the middle - don't be too extreme in any aspect of the interview.

I 'spose Don Won you could look at a 3 day interview with Eagle as a practice run and a heads-up for an interview later down the track with a "REAL" airline like Cathay or ANZ? Clearly you want to work for one of these "REAL" airlines so as to avoid charging around in p!ssy little turbo-props (Saabs & ATR's incl.) like those Eagle operate.
Those with foresight (not you Don ;)) might see the fact that Eagle (& Freedom for that matter) have aligned their interview process with the parent company as a sign for the entire ANZ group in the near future.

If you think Eagle is bad take a look at the QANTAS psyhcometric approach or how 'bout breaking out the bags of 4 colour Mechano sets during the group session at Emirates.

The glass doesn't have to be half empty Don.:(
Failing an attitude change, you could always not apply - it's still a democracy in NZ!

Good luck Spooky Dude:ok:

DVDA
19th Mar 2004, 09:53
Pull your head in Nosegear. Get off your arse and lift some bags. Another bullet proof eagle F/O eh? f@#kn pizza boys.:mad:

NoseGear
19th Mar 2004, 11:25
DVDA, mate, you could not be futher from the truth. I don't work for Eagle, never have, but have lots of mates who do. FYI, I have done my share of the hard yards, that includes baggage loading, and lots of it. You're the one that needs to pull your head in, and before you do, jam a few prozacs down your throat. Don't tar all the boys with the same brush, at the end of the day, they are just pilots like you (?) and the Nelson crew getting on with the job, Eagle just happened to call first. If you like lifting bags so much, do it full time, Eagle would love to have you (ps. sounds like there is an opening in WS........)

Woodend, yeah mate, sweet as........don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

splatgothebugs
19th Mar 2004, 21:20
Who let the cats out????????????????????????:)

At the end of the day people it dosen't matter who you bloody work for as long as your out of GA without killing yourself you should be bloody happy.

Good Luck SPOOKY

Splat :ok:

Don Won
20th Mar 2004, 03:39
'And err couple milkshakes for ladies here Thump & Splat but easy on the ice-cream ahh'
Poit taken about the QANTAS Emmerits but umm not shure if you noticed that those boys fly some pretty serious kit and get paid a whole lotta squid to do it so I recken most of us would be happy to play with meccano to fly a brand new 777 getting paid 200K+ slightly different to eagles 32k liven in some hick town riding shot gun in the flyen forhead
Nosey right on mate, after you do the yards in GA it's quite nice not to be loading bags cleaning planes or what ever, I say bring on the hostie!!
If Air NZ is the parent company eagle would be the disowned child guess thats why their sacked fleet captian had to go buy his 73 type rating at jet connect :}

Horse Float Driver
23rd Mar 2004, 22:40
Ladies

Get off your high horses! Eagle maybe over the top with their interveiw process but has been previously stated it is good practice for when you get a look at the bigger fish.

Sounds to me like one or two of you are a bit bitter that you haven't got the call...As far as I am concerned with some of your attitudes, thank god I don't have to fly with you!!

Spooky good luck with the interveiw, at least you're being positive about it, pity no one has been able to give you constructive critisim!

The sim ride consists of an NDB approach, has been usually for NDB18 HN, but they are mixing it up a bit...An approach is an approach! Know your met minima, ie - AGL or AMSL, and know how to read an approach plate and you are already one step there!

Eagle is a pretty good palce to work, not the arrogance of some of the other operators, and all get on and do the job and have a good laugh while we are at it!

Horse Nuts
24th Mar 2004, 07:57
Eagle is Eagle. A stepping stone for a bigger company. Sort of like a GA company now. Use them to get to where you want to go.

ie. For a quick ATPL command, or just another step up to Air NZ/Cathay/Qantas/Poly/Virgin etc....

They are not a company to retire with. Good if you have a great lifestyle in one of their bases and you have another job but otherwise do your time and move on as quick as possible.

Eagle was once a great company but sadly with some of the powers that be working upstairs this is leading to their downfall. I would like to see some of them retire or just move on. Fresh faces with "positive" attitudes is what Eagle needs.

In the end you could do worst but a step up from flying a light twin.

As far as the interview goes....... Well you can be a NASA scientist or a "Good-time not long time" person and they still won't hire you. Their standards are all over the show.

On the last ground course I heard that a senior person came along and said "You're the best of the worst"

Good positive material.........:hmm:

Good luck for those who venture into the land of the unknown.

Rollie Hea Hea
25th Mar 2004, 08:10
It breaks down like this ...................................................
Eagle Air are pretty much the bottom dwellers of the flying for the regionals in NZ but if ya happen to miss out on the other boyz ie Air Ns, Orig,Cook Chats, Awk ect it's maybe better than flying a piston twin . If you do have to scrape the aviation barrell in NZ get in, do ya time and get out hopfully without been to tainted and then ya should be looking sweet for somthing better. (Team Leader KFC Otara)

Thump & Go
25th Mar 2004, 19:46
Did you ever retrieve those sunnies out of the pool Rollie?:cool: ;)

cloudcover
25th Mar 2004, 21:07
Whats the nicest thing about KFC otara? The staff?:}

Sqwark2000
25th Mar 2004, 21:41
Rollie....

Have to disagree about Eagle being the bottom-dwellers of the NZ regional market.

Disregarding Air NSN and Mt Chook because they fly bigger equipment and thus do get paid better coin, then you can only compare Eagle with Origin in a similar 19-seat market.

Eagle pays better, has a annually increasing structure and flies a single, brand new fleet. has the big brother support of the International airline and the government.

Origin pays less, doesn't have a annually increasing structure and flies a mixed bag degenerate fleet, plus it seems to be continually looking for cash investors to prop themselves up.

I know who I'd rather be with.

As to the 3-day interview process.... i guess the people most likely to disagree with it are those that haven't successfully passed it? Nothing wrong with trying to get the most appropriate personnel for your business.
I have heard that AirNZ are worried that AirNSN so easily picks up those who have missed out in an Eagle interview and maybe will review their process to align it with AirNZ mailine and Eagle.

I've also heard the process will be streamlined across the group and that in fact one day a single 3 day interview will be the only one required and once in the "group" you will be able to move across/up/down the group as your seniority etc allows.

Cheers

S2K

Horse Nuts
25th Mar 2004, 21:58
Squeekie 2000

You're back. Long time away?

What are you up to now. Still in The far East of the North Island?

Rollie Hea Hea
26th Mar 2004, 10:14
Cheers for asking Pump & Go got my sunnies back off that dirty old Redgy :cool:
I reckon the best thing bot working for eagle would be the Staafff:=

Thump & Go
26th Mar 2004, 20:55
S2K, good to see you back in the saddle - how was your holiday?
I think you've danced politely around the Origin subject you handbag man - let's face it Origin are clearly the bottom dwellers, they're the one you go to after you've blown it with the other scheduled, pax carrying operators. No doubt the people there are good to work with, just must be a worry wondering if your company has enough money in the bank for the next rainy day(I'm happy to stand corrected).
Rollie did you hit your head diving after those sunnies or what? You'd really go to Origin or Airwork (how about Air National) before Eagle? Each to his own, but why would you want to head down job-insecurity lane or buy a rating to get a job before exhausting the other options first. Not suggesting that Eagle is the bee's knees (for you conspiracists out there) but if EAG are bottom-dwellers then the above mentioned must be sub-terrainean. IMHO Chats would have to be the pick of the bunch.

pump & go ;)

Hey Rollie, do you still like making the toast?:D

Puinarny
26th Mar 2004, 23:44
Looking at all this from someone still in GA and looking for a job I can see both sides to the story. Sure Eagle have the backing of Air NZ/Govt hence more job securitey new planes. Thats about all they have going for them.

The 3 day interview: Im sure we all agree this is just a little bit over the top to drive a horse float. Does the process even work? Look at all the people who have missed out since this interview process began. I know quiet a few of these people well and they are all the good ******s that were good to work with and very competant pilots. (They have all moved on to Air nsn now) It seems to me that all the people who have got in are all the ones that were the F@#c wits and made all the stuff ups. I know this is a generalisation but I can only speak of the people I know.

A lot of the Eagle guys seem to have the I'm better than you, your just a G/A pleb attude. Their the ones that hold their nose in the air as they walk pass you when you see them around the airports unlike the Air nsn/Origin and Chats guys who normally say gidday.

They are definetely starting to get a bad rep around the place and there are lots of people in G/A who aren't even applying to them and given the current hiring situation it is understandable, there are better jobs out their.

Sqwark (Dork)2000 & PUMP & GO. I do agree with some of your comments about Origin but only if you were reffering to flying the 31/32. I beleve that the j41 job with them is far better than Eagle. (better plane, hostie, more pay, don,t have to live in some hick town ect)

Spooky, good luck with the interveiw mate. If you do miss out don't worry because their will be something better just around the corner.

Sqwark2000
27th Mar 2004, 08:04
Thump, thanks, the trip was good, looking forward to the times ahead in the South Island :ok:

Re: the recent interviews, people were called on the Fri night after the panel interview and advised of their success, with a "large number" of the attendees (9 or 8) successful. Congrats to those who got through.

Puinarny,

Your can only compare apples with apples. Of course you'd be on a better deal on the J41 but this is larger ship than the 18/19 seat J31/32's & B1900's. My understanding is that the general rule of thumb is that Origin won't direct hire you onto the -41 ( with some exceptoions), so in terms of starting new with either Eagle or Origin & comparing B1900D's with J31/32 then Origin are below par (IMHO)

they are all the good ******s

Takes a ****** to know a *****. :mad:

S2K

Thump & Go
27th Mar 2004, 09:28
Good to hear S2K, see you 'round the place:)

Puinarny(if that's your real name) first time caller, long time listener? :suspect:
Do these "good ****s" you speak of have the same attitude as you? Do they (or you) consider that, that may be the reason they were given the "thanks but no thanks". While I'm sure your friends are 'good fullas' and "competent" they're not the same ones flying 90 degree intercepts to inbounds at 4nm, unable to lay drift for wind in the sim and whom see the group session as a chance to astound those around them with their oratory skills are they? It's not rocket science you know, there's enough info out there about how Eagle conduct their "over the top" interview - just follow the advice whether you like the process or not. If I may string a couple of cliches together - At the end of the day it's their train set. Full credit to the........ sorry got carried away. ;)

Just where do you operate in GA to see pilots from all of the companies you mention? Have you or your friends ever say g'day first? All I get from the GA guys I say hi (first) to in AKL is a Neanderthal grunt - needless to say I get over it pretty quickly:D
Anybody with a hat ever given you the time of day? The trend on this forum tends to be invent a story that fits the argument - maybe you should run for US President.:D

Here's a news flash for you, the big boys don't actually care if you fly a 1900, J41 or Harbin Y-12 - none of it matters. Turbine time is just a way of getting some CV's off the table. Turboprop is actually GA with money and somebody to talk to. :) If you get there you'll find it's no different to what you do now.

A few quick pertinent points:
define "a better plane" 747 vs Concorde? J41vs1900vs340?
define "a hick town" NPL(Air Nel/formerly Origin) vs NSN
(hippie town) vs AKL,BHE,KKE?
explain why a hostie makes a job (flying that is people) better?
do you know how much a J41 driver gets?

NO-ONE cares if you and your mates don't like EAG or their interview, least of all their management.
NO-ONE cares if you and your mates don't apply. That is your democratic right!

Correct my Ali G fan, if spooky misses out there will be something to look forward around the corner - good call.:ok:

Yawn!....more of the same:bored:

T & G

ps: thanks for the amusment

Horse Nuts
28th Mar 2004, 03:31
My compliments to Thump and Go. Good reply post. I like it.

Puinarny - You need to chill. Sure there are going to be pilots in all organisations that will give you the cold shoulder but for the majority of them, they are pretty good.

Passing fellow pilots on the way through airports is always a quick "Hello" or a nod of the head. It's the same for the likes of Eagle, Origin, Air Nelson pilots when they go through WN, AA, CH and they see the jet guys/gals. You might know a couple of them or just know there face. A quick hello or nod still surfices.

Crikey with all the new faces coming through the GA operators at the moments I don't really recognise anyone now.

Anyway - I'm a firm believer in fate. What goes around comes around. In all walks of life.

Mr Squeekie2000 - moved to the South Island? Drop in and say hi I'll come around for a couple of refreshing beverages.

belowMDA
28th Mar 2004, 07:50
Well well, a simple post quickly degenerating. I am not going to wade into the whole who is better etc etc because my opinions are my own and it really makes no difference to others which side of the fence I have decided to set up camp on.
However I must take issue with something in Thump & Go's last post. I have worked in GA for a couple of years now and when I walk down the fingers at Auckland, or for that matter, any other regional airport I may happen to visit, the pilots who reguarly look me in the eye and say hello or reply to my hello are the Mt Cook,Air Nelson and Origin guys and girls. Now I don't want to draw coclusions about why this is but if as a group (there are a few exceptions), the Eagle pilots want to have a reputation as a freindly bunch then they have done a poor job with me and many others I know.
I don't believe in the whole: I am better than you because I survived GA/Instructing. We are all in this together, and if we don't hurry up and realise this then we might end up retiring bitter old men/women. Be proud of what you have achieved no matter what company you work for, but give others some proffessional consideration.

Luke SkyToddler
28th Mar 2004, 09:34
Get a grip people!

All of New Zealand = a small town

All of the NZ turboprop operators put together = a very small industry in a very small town.

Half of us know each other by name and if we don't then we probably know the others by sight or reputation at least.

Sitting there and saying that the pilots for this airline are good blokes and those pilots are full of themselves, is just 10-year-old school playground sh!t.

No one in CX or Emirates or Virgin is going to give a rats @rse whether we flew a jetstream or a beech or a saab or an ATR.

Just like any other workers in any other job, sometimes pilots are in a mood to say gidday and sometimes we're late / stressed about wx / some other operations balls up and we're too busy to talk.

But mate I am still close enough removed from the old GA hard graft, to wake up with a big smile on my face every morning - we've all survived the instructing and GA and stress about where the next meal is gonna come from, on the whole I am surrounded by a bunch of stable extrovert types instead of nutcase flying school students, I'm paying the bills on time every month, logging twin turbine time, getting paid to wear a big airline pilot's jacket and a hat with scrambled eggs on the front, I'm on the big wide gold plated road to a kick ass jet airliner in another couple of years, I get a lot of days off and I'm still young enough to get out and go spend all day surfing or mountain biking or whatever it is I feel like doing, and I bloody enjoy every second of it.

Now get off the goddam internet and go make someone happy you lot :E

Kiwi Flyer
28th Mar 2004, 09:59
Luke Skytoddler, that is more like it!!!!

I am returning home to NZ after 5 1/2 years to try my luck, checked this post, and remembered why I left!!!

KF

Rollie Hea Hea
28th Mar 2004, 10:17
When I get my eagle job maybe I could sugest a new company slogen to help rase moral like

"Eagle Air Staafff Where Ordinary People too"

I could also help make the toast in the crew room so when the boys come in after a hard night they got somthing to line their tummies and hopfuly no one will get fired again.

I was gonna get a medical but Redgy told me that when he was down at his AA meeting one of the big boss men from eagle who interview special people like me were down there too and he didn't have his medical either cos he been drinken to much L&P or was that J&D so mite spend the money on new toaster for my mate's at eagle insted.

I can't hardly wait! my mate's at eagle are gonna tech me how to fly the B1900 cos I hear the training there is so good and the people are so nice like when I saw them teaching this other special person like me how to fly the other day I herd a loud BANG! and saw all this smoke out of the plane cos the special people in the plane had over temped & tourqed the poor little plane while they were training
They had to pull the engine out and it had a one way ticket to the big hanger in the sky :{

I don't care though my wheelchair did the same one time when I drove it in the pool

:=

Thump & Go
28th Mar 2004, 21:54
Rollie, it really is you!;)

Six Lima
29th Mar 2004, 10:23
Just getting back to the interviews. Anyone know how many got through? I've only heard of 2, but apparently they took quite a few.:ok:

Cloud Cutter
30th Mar 2004, 01:27
Just to save you scrolling all the way to the top off the page:O

The ever-informed S2K wrote:
Re: the recent interviews, people were called on the Fri night after the panel interview and advised of their success, with a "large number" of the attendees (9 or 8) successful. Congrats to those who got through.

Now that sounds a bit more like it, 8 or 9 out of how many? I'm assuming maybe 10-12 - the odds they are becoming a bit more favourable me thinks:ok:

Ground course runs 12-17 April, sounds like they may be off to Canada pretty quick - Cathay having aparently followed up on a few of those yes letters.

On a related matter, I guess the Waikato Aero Club will be in need of a new boss (won't have to look far), Air Gisborne losing one off the top as well - anyone know where the others are from? Any of the up and coming J31/2 drivers switch boats? (not getting into any debate as to which would be better).

Congrats to everyone who got the nod.

NoseGear
30th Mar 2004, 02:36
Congrats to those succesful applicants. Got the call on Friday night eh? That is pretty fast, usually not until the next Tuesday or so. I sure hope they don't get the "best of the worst" speech on their ground course.

Spooky dude, how did you get on?:D :{

Giant Squid
30th Mar 2004, 03:03
Think some people around here need to get laid.

You guys don't get out much do you?

Sqwark2000
30th Mar 2004, 04:51
Cloud Cutter,

Sorry, may be some ambiguity re: my post. The number of attendees was 8 or 9 (can't remember) and therefore a "large number" of those I guess would be 6 or 7.

I assume that as the sim training requires multiples of 2 that maybe 6 is the number they took.

Just remember folks... all guess work. But if someone who was there (maybe even spooky ;) ) is able, maybe they could confirm details.

I've also heard of the Waikato CFI being given the nod. If the Air Gissy chap is confirmed then I know of 3 so far.

S2K

Six Lima
30th Mar 2004, 05:02
Seeing as you asked S2K, there were 9 interviewed. And refering to previous comments; 8 of them were Kiwis.

Don Won
30th Mar 2004, 05:17
Well good on you boyz for sticking by employer eagle.......dam guess someone has too .......
Swk2000 best you change that to Swk7600, think you got you wires crossed bro!
The fact that eagle do a three day session and places like Air Ns and Cook don't just shows how disjointed eagle are from the rest of the Air NZ group.
Swk7600 you mentioned somthing about the boyz who missed out on eagle now flyen for Ns, again it shows how flawed eagles interviewing process is, Strange how the aviation gods work, Know who I'd rather be working for.
I know for a fact the eagle don't even bother ringing your personal ref's while other every air line in this country do ummm go figer:rolleyes:
Did any of the 31/32 boyz get called up for their "Do you have any Skelton's in the Closet" " Do you have a boy/girlfriend'' eagle interview sure did what they say ... F:mad: k off!
Know of a few others that gave them the big finger on the this round that's not including the guys that got called back for second interviews in the past few months I think the " you the best of a bad lot'' spech mite be on it's way:(

Spookyduke
31st Mar 2004, 08:09
What? Eh? Good grief charlie brown, if I knew what this was going to start, I would never have asked the question. I don't know where this guy gets his info, but there were only 9 at the interview and I haven't heard from them yet, as well as one of the interviewees that I've kept in touch with. We can't say what the others know 'cause we don't. We've called EGL and the official line is: "We haven't decided yet". Whether this means there's a "thanks but no thanks" letter enroute I don't know. The Interview process was interesting and thats about all I can say - although I'm not going to get all worked up about it next time - it was pretty casual. Personally I'd have a BBQ and put out some beer and see what happens.

So to parahrase, thanks all for the info and 2, that I know of, haven't heard - there were only 9 interviewees.

Thump & Go
31st Mar 2004, 19:35
Thanks for the update Spook, hopefully you hear soon.:ok:

Hey Don, is there anyone who can translate for you?
Do crayons not work on the touch screen?:D

NoseGear
1st Apr 2004, 02:27
Good luck Spooky, don't sweat the not hearing thing, (I thought the Friday phone call was suspect:E) as I understand it they now send letters to you, successful or not, no phone calls to the lucky ones and a see later letter to the others, now everyone gets to stew in their own sweat. :}

ZK-NSN
1st Apr 2004, 03:45
whoa there boys! to quote my homies in the eastside massive " Hate the game not the player dogg."

Although i fell compelled to voice my opinions.
squawk 2000, origin is looking for cash for expansion not because its in the :mad: . This is the norm in the private sector, as unlike other airlines in nz (who selectivly go from public to private as it suits them) they dont have access to Aunty Helens visa to buy new aircraft to upgrade its "degenerating fleet" or bail itself out of any financial trouble it may find itself in. (as the boys/girls from ansett nz/qf nz will testify.) which brings up the question if a comparision between qo and eag is fair.
Jetstreams, particually the 31/32 are older aircraft, the 1900 is a brand new aircraft (even if basically a tarted up Queenair) and sooner or later they will be older too, this is unavoidable, if you remember a short time ago eagle were driving around in bandits.

Airlines know what they want in staff and their interveiw process will reflect that. 3days, 3 hours or 3 minutes who cares. you tell the boys when and where and they will be there.
we all signed on to fly aircraft and we should all just enjoy this instead of getting all upset because somebody didnt say hello when they walked past you or help load bags. Enjoy the flying because you never know when it will all come to screaming halt. good luck to everyone going for positions at respective airlines and long may we all be happily employed.

Six Lima
1st Apr 2004, 06:26
Don't like to be all doom and gloom, but I feel obliged to clarify the facts. I can assure you NG that phone calls were made on Friday night. Obviously can't be sure that all successful candidates were called Friday but there was definitely more than one phone call made. Letters will be sent to all nine interviewees, both successful and otherwise. "We've taken a good number" was the phrase used, can't confirm actual numbers, we'll have to wait til the 12th to find out I guess. Start dates are likely to be almost immediately after the GC and I would be very surprised if Eagle has finished interviewing.:ok:

NoseGear
1st Apr 2004, 07:44
Thanks 6Lima for the clarification, I am not one of the interviewees waiting to be touched by WT's golden (tar brown) finger! The Friday phone calls would be a first in Eagle history, I believe, that is why I thought suspect. However, it is in line, again, with Air NZ's policy of a 3 day interview. At Big Brother you find out hours after your final days interview finishes if succesful or otherwise.

I'm surprised the letter's don't say, "Congratulations, your crap, but you're the best of a bad bunch, so we are reluctantly offering you a ground course on our mighty Beech 1900D aircraft. Make your own way to Hamilton, find a good campsite and bring a big torch for all those late night study sessions under the canvas. Oh, you will be charged 10 dollars for the honor, and this in no way implies you will be hired at the end of it." :E :E

Nosey:p

Six Lima
1st Apr 2004, 08:57
Hate to think what the unsuccessful letter says!:{

Don Won
1st Apr 2004, 09:35
Nosey you forgot the

P.S You will only be hired on a temp contract and will have to move at your own cost to one of our training bases then once a full time position exists you will then have to move a second time to some other stink place at your own cost to secure employment.
By the way, you suck! but we need pilots and no one wants to fly for us any more so please say yes.

Regards
Silly old Man (with poo on his fingers and a wisky nose):ok:

splatgothebugs
1st Apr 2004, 22:27
Seems to me like its another healthy/unhealthy PPRUNE debate.

Everybody is prob having a laugh as they type, but you MR DON WON are a complete f$#@wit who obviously didn't make the grade.

Come back later wen you have something nice to say.

TO ALL WHO GOT INTO EAG/NSN/ORG/COOK WELL DONE AND ENJOY LIFE OUTSIDE OF GA.

splat :D

sheberight
1st Apr 2004, 23:04
Good posts guys... thought our friends from Eagle were gonna keep up the defence for a while there but looks like they have been put back in their place.

I just don't see why Eagle need a three day interview... Are they trying to be professional or just put these upcoming pilots in their place?? which is where exactly??
Why do they need three days?? Could it not be fit into two?? Do they need four?? Seems to me like they are trying to be professional and in line with (possibly) Cathay... So what would happen if some of the Eagle management ever got into Cathay... would we be up for a four week interview?? I mean come on three days??
Day 1 - Sim ride... Ok i'm guessing 20 minutes?? Oh well.. let's make this guy sit round for the rest of the day so he can really sweat about the interview.
Day 2 - Think this is interview day... Again i'm guessing 20 minutes (if anything like Air Nelson) Ah hell let's make this guy sit round in his hired suit for another day.
Day 3 - Group session.... I'd like you to lead a discussion on super 12 rugby... Why?? Is it because we are gonna be flying super 12 rugby players round the place?? Is this to see if we can relate to the player while I'm checking his boarding pass?? Can't I just check out his mrs??

Correct me if I'm wrong... but couldn't this all be packed into one day?? I mean sure have your stupid interview process but for god's sake this poor GA pilot took three days off work, and had to hire a different suit each day... One guy to do the sim checking, two for the interview... morning complete... afternoon lets make them feel special with our group session... DONE... maybe I should apply for management. Maybe they do it over three days to see who can afford the $10 for the ground course... I mean if you can afford three days off work and you can afford to hire a suit you can surely afford $10 for the privelage of our ground course... right??

To sum up... who cares what you fly. Most pilots I know fly for a few simple reasons.. To meet good ******s... to drink beer... to pick up the hosties (i'm still dreaming) and to surprise surprise, to drink more beer.
I have no problems with eagle personally and if my current company falls flat on their face I would certainly take a job with them. (If I got both my legs and one arm amputated in the process)

the maori mobster
1st Apr 2004, 23:17
ya boys are back in town

yea mate, the only reason they have the ther.... tree..... 3 day process is to give the cuzzies a good laugh.

do you know that they secretly film all the interviews and then play then back in the office and laugh at all the stupid dumb f#$ks out there that answer the questions wrong!!!!

goes something like this....

"Rangi (For use of a better name), what would you do if the captain to your left went below MSA or MDA?"

Rangi "Cuz, if that fella was even flying the waka better than i then i'd smack him one."

"is there anything you wish to add rangi?"

rangi "maybe if he did and i said to him you'd better get your fat arse above mas/mad..... sam/dam.... mda/msa that's better.... you'd better get your arse up above before i smack you round like my wahine at home."

so you see they have a good laugh and thank goodness i fly for air nelson now. i saw the light when they didn't give me a welcome home letter

that's what i think of the process. soemtime it works sometimes it don't..... BRO!!!:ok:

loose unit
11th Apr 2004, 01:24
What's so bad about Eagle?? If you hang around long enough to become senior in the company ya get to do some pretty cool beat up's at air shows!!!!! Sign me up!!! Did they get inverted??

Cloud Cutter
11th Apr 2004, 03:09
Not quite, but it was one of the best displays I've ever seen:ok:

Hudson Hawk
12th Apr 2004, 21:52
So 6 guys started the ground course yesterday, some with start dates already, and Eagle's weekly news bite mentions more recruiting soon to keep ahead of anticipated movement.

Hud

NoseGear
13th Apr 2004, 05:23
Wonder how shallow the pool is getting........:p :E

Nosey

BattleSTARGalatica
13th Apr 2004, 09:13
Not sure if you had interview yet or what but eagle pilots are the biggest bunch of pratts around. believe me.....been there done that. I wish I had stayed flying in GA. Lowest payed most work. Stick to the pistons buddy

loose unit
13th Apr 2004, 21:10
Battle - What are you on?? Sounds like you had too good a run in GA to me... Sure Eagle were at the bottom of my airline list but they are an airline... benefits come with that.
No more fighting your GA boss for a pay rise so you can put some descent food on the table (although most operators know we just wanna be able to buy more booze) Then there's the annual leave, what a fight that was every year... working on public holidays... try getting ya day in lieu from your GA boss for that!!! More trouble than it's worth.
As I said Eagle were at the lower end of my airline preferences (that's just my opinion) but at the end of the day they are an airline. You get paid, annual leave, days in lieu, a trip to the states, new plane, and ceap travel... the downside is you could end up in a cr:mad: ppy base... but at least you don't have to pay for your type rating. On the 'Eagle pilot's are prat's' line... pilot's are people, every airline has prat's (be it that eagle have more than their share??)
To me GA operators were bigger prat's... You have to fly single pilot at night in a cra:mad: py light twin with no de-ice gear. Our boss thought we were all there for the love of it... they knew that they had more guys waiting in line hanging out to get some hours... they could screw you in every way possible... With all this airline hiring I hope things in GA chage.
Off the Eagle subject and onto GA... how many if any pilot's in GA are ALPA members?? would there even be a benefit?? maybe worth looking at?? :p

Thump & Go
14th Apr 2004, 00:04
Is that you TD? So sorry you couldn't make the grade of pratt that was required.............baha:ok:

Sheberight - there's no reason for ex/current EAG employees to put up a defence when there dealing with intellectual sea-monkeys. You sum it up nicely at the beginning of your last paragraphwho cares what you fly.

Good posts guys ????? really????go back & read the 4 previous pages, no-one's said anything new for a month!:confused: What we have is a bunch of Aztec/Islander ect drivers stuck in GA crapping on, under the misconception that it matters what you fly and who you fly for and, that someone, anyone(mummy!!!) cares about their/your views on EAG interview process & employment conditions. If you want a good regional operator, go to Chats, if you want to worry about the finances of your company/lack of seniority system/low pay/but work with a good bunch, go to Origin (no offence intended guys), the majority of you will(if you make it) end up somewhere in the middle with Link. That is an incontestable fact.

Thump

ps: horror of horrors!!! Mt Chook have gone to a 2 day interview....with a group(y) session - NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Lets start a post about it!:E
Looks like you'll all have to narrow your options down again guys.

pps: you don't actually pay the $10

splatgothebugs
14th Apr 2004, 00:05
Yeah thats about enough of the EAG bashing, every company has its up and downs, pratts and non pratts get over it.....................

Have you ever done a head count on how many EAG pilots get commands with in two years or how many of them move on to bigger and better things before any of there other link counterparts???????????????

Do the math and I think you will find EAG comes out on top. So if your decission on what company you prefer should be based on what you want out of your career. If you want to stay in props go to NSN or Cook there is absolutley nothing wrong with that and likewise there is nothing wrong with going to EAG and getting out into something bigger sooner.

Those out there who tend to knock companies are the people who were told to take a walk or UNFOURTUNATLEY never got an interview and are now bitter.

I say to you all with attitudes, GET OVER IT if your not happy that you are in a job you enjoy wether that be GA, EAG, NSN, COOK OR ORG you should be re thinking your career choice.

LOOSE UNIT..........................if I had my time again in GA I would be joining ALPA its not much of your pay and the benifits that come along with it are very useful especially the cheap life insurance.

splat
:ok:

loose unit
14th Apr 2004, 06:20
Apparently Eagle rang around for interviews again today... can anyone confirm/deny?? how many more qualified pilots are out there?? shorely everyone's gonna have to lower their requirements soon.

BattleSTARGalatica
14th Apr 2004, 08:03
thumper.
so the chook has obviously noticed what pilots eagle have been churning out and opted for a bit of the same. The 3 day thing doesnt work. If they keep applying the 'high' standard which is required they wont employ anyone. there is no one to choose from these days. Just watch, eagle, cook,nelson, origin full of aussies sponging kiwi's jobs in about a year. Good work on the trans tasman agreement,

Rollie Hea Hea
14th Apr 2004, 09:19
Sup my homboyz got the big call up from my mates at eagle today got my interview in three weeks, think redgy a bit pissed cos he never got a call think he mite of put somthing in my mash at dinner cos it was a bit salty :yuk: anyways I'm going be studying my brains out for all of their tricky questions like " Why do Air NZ load there Long haul jet wiv a rearward CoG" "How many Sats you need fot RAIM'' but one of my special friends got asked two of the hardest one's of all "Do you have a girl friend or boy friend? and the hardest one was "Do you have any skelton's in your closet (paues) like speeding tickets"
Well I dont have any in my closet but one time I did a poo in redgy's dose that count?:=
Can any one tell if I'm allowed to have my bib on at the group talky thing cos if there's any girls there I mite start to dribble on my flash as suit.
Anyway I'm of to practice my new trick, I here there's a pool at the flash as place where we get intervied so when they ask me what my interests are I can say pimping with the hoes round the pool at the IHC and doing this!............................
Then I'm gona roll right on out the door in my wheel chair and show them my reverse backflip with a twist (while still in my wheelchair) into the pool
Dam I am soo in :cool:

kavu
14th Apr 2004, 10:55
Well Eagle are certainly moving along quite nicely at the moment. Seems to be quite a lot of interviewing going on there.

Lot's of F/O's that are contract are making it onto the full-time employment list making room for more contract F/O's to come in.

Also the number of Captain positions that are being advertised is quite a lot.

With that in mind Eagle are the company for moving you through the ranks. Air Nelson is a little slower and Mt Cook is very slow.

Each airline has it's own positives and negatives to go along with it but I think for the general pilot who wants to more along then Eagle would certainly be a front runner.

Let's hope that when Air NZ rings up in the following months then there will be more movement for everybody.

Cathay hopefully will get going again by the end of the year and start interviewing with intent.

Good luck guy/gals with the interviews. Do some study on what Eagle fly and also about the company. Quite a few complaints have come from above saying that the guys/gals that they interview know nothing about Eagle or what they fly.

Find out some facts about the 1900D. You don't have to find out every little detail but just the general stuff. What type of engines, pressurised or not, average flying sectors, where they fly. What does the bent thing on the end of the wing do, what do the bits and pieces that hang off the back of the fuselage do, what are they called.

Cheers

Kavu

VH-VIN
14th Apr 2004, 11:39
Some interesting posts on what sort of company Eagle is, and what they are like to work for.
From what have seen these companys are what you make of them.
If you go in there with a good attitude and give it your best shot, try not to get involved in all the all the negitive stuff that goes around you will get allot out of the job.
Its intersesting, you can have two guys working for the same outfit, one hates it and the other loves it. Its normally attitude.
There is no dout that you do often grow out of a company or get bored, the best thing is to move on and dont take everyone down with you.
I think this applys to GA as well.
GA is hard work but often can be some of the rewarding flying you will ever do. Try to make the most of it.
As for all the guys and girls getting into Eagle well done, you will learn some great skills, work with some good peolpe and fly a nice aircraft in the best country in the world!!

BattleSTARGalatica
15th Apr 2004, 01:25
kavu,
the only bent things on those ugly heaps is the pilots. at the end of the day as long as the thing flies, who cares. you learn that stuff on the condensed ground course.

I do agree those who work for eagle aeroclub get commands quicker than other regionals but I felt I was still in Ga with the work you had to do. Only my thoughts
The questions they asked at the interview where inappropriate and down right rude. get a reality check

kavu
15th Apr 2004, 23:42
BattleSTARGalatica

In reply to your

"the only bent things on those ugly heaps is the pilots. at the end of the day as long as the thing flies, who cares. you learn that stuff on the condensed ground course."

You are right - you do learn those things on the condensed ground course

BUT

They ask that sort of thing in the interview. It gives them more questions from which to ask. Usually goes like:

"What do you know about the 1900?"

Dumb person number 1 "It's got 19 pax seats"

Correct answer but you could give a few more facts and figures. Don't have to name everything but a better general description.

Also in reply to your above statement.

"the only bent things on those ugly heaps is the pilots"

"You're only bent if you take it not give it"

loose unit
16th Apr 2004, 08:52
In how many other professions are you expected to take three days off work, pay for suit hire and pay for travel to the interview?? Lawyer, doctor, nurse, carpenter??? What the FU:mad: K is wrong with this industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Won
16th Apr 2004, 12:56
Kavu, that is some excelent advice to those who want in, know bit about the "float" best just to ask somone who already flys it ie what the stab things are for, EGPWS, what type of engs bla bla and they are hot on IF law stuff too.

Also the ring masters of the eagle circus like you to know abit about the company, this is where I think our Oz friends find it a bit harder, but know worries uncle Donny can help here too.....
When chopper asks "Can you tell us what you know about eagle''
Sit back, pull out your penut slab take a big bite and start like this

"Well in recent years the company used to opperate Bandits and Metros, some of the highest time in the world in fact, the fleet became unreliabe and unsafe, with a fleet replacment looming little if any preventive maintaince was carried out , during this time the company incounted many incedents even having to make a wheels up landing in one of their Metros"
(more penut slab)
"The company now enjoys a bad rep around NZ and beyond with many occurences of serious misconduct of flight crew and management most of which have lead to dismisal, of the 100 or so pilots in the company the good one's are few and far between".

Sqwark2000
16th Apr 2004, 22:28
Loose Unit,

In an industry that is still in the over-supply/less demand side of the equation, one should not expect the world to provide you with your oyster. If you want to work for a company and they invite you to be interviewed then be grateful for the opportunity. Different companies have different methods of hiring so adapt as required.

If you are aware of a particular process for a particualr company AND you WISH to participate then be prepared. Have some annual leave owing for the interview and subsequent ground course if you are successful, have some funds prepared for suit hire if required etc.

Don Won

The actions of a few, on one or two occasions, does not make for a company with good pilots few & far between. All companies have their black sheep who upset the company rep.

BattleSTAR

As for "the only bent things in the Beech is the pilots" call, you sir!, are a dead cert f.u.c.k. knuckle whose attitude probably shone through during your interview, and therefore deserved your :mad: off & die letter.

None of my friends, in recent experience, has been asked any rude questions that may have been asked in the very distant past. If you got some, then it was probably, again, a reflection of your attitude/personality

Get lost drop kick!

S2K

Six Lima
17th Apr 2004, 08:19
Nicely put S2K! I'm pretty sure you'll find Eagle have tidied their act up recently re the interview process, no need to panic about offensive questions. At the interview itself, all they're interested in is giving you the "Is he a good bastard?" test, making sure your IFR knowledge is up to scratch, and that you have taken an interest in the company. Not difficult.:ok:

Thump & Go
17th Apr 2004, 22:08
Give me an 'S', give me a '2', give me a 'K', GOOOO S2K!!!!!!:D

Whoa there big fella, stay off the 'meth' prior to posting on PPrune. I'm still not sure it's you but I'd have to agree whole heartedly with your sentiments.:ok:

Thump

ps: still laughing!!:)

flyingkiwi
18th Apr 2004, 01:49
BattleStar out of interest who are you flying with now. And how the hell did you actually get a job with your attitude, must be a good actor. But then i know that right jerks somehow get into any airline 3 day interview or not.

As for Eag bashing, I figure you guys have either been rejected or havnt even been called for an interview. I did just under 3 years at eagle and had a fantastic time. the crews were great. and of those three years just under 2 were as a captain. Im now working for Cathay whom at the time were only hiring Captains, so im pretty glad i wasnt in NSN or MTChook as i wouldnt even have got an interview.

Crap bases, I dont think you hear to may KKE or BHM guys complain, come to that matter how often do you see slots open up for cmds in Whakatane. My only regret when i was in KKE and WRE bases was that i didnt buy a boat.

Best of luck for the guys with interviews. pm if you have one i have some old stuff that may be usefull.

FK
ps any actual Eagle drivers can you pm im after the email or contact address of a couple of drivers id love to get in touch with

VneII
18th Apr 2004, 10:01
Battlestar (go back and watch the show, its about working together to achieve a common goal!)

full of aussies sponging kiwi's jobs in about a year

I hate to break it to you mate but there are sooooo many kiwis flying in Oz I'm supprised you blokes have any pilots left. Aussie GA is about the only industry I know that doesn't discriminate against kiwis, we are all working together to get the job done. In fact I know a good bloke who came to OZ to get his TT and Multi up and then went back to NZ to get an Eagle gernzy (g'day Pantyripper). I would hope that any aussie applying for a job in NZ would have as much chance as what a Kiwi does in OZ, ie the same as everyone else.

Grow up!

VneII

NoseGear
18th Apr 2004, 10:04
Flyingkiwi, mate, hook, line and sinker!! ;) ;)

Have fun at CX! Nice day here today aye?:cool:

Nosey:ok:

PS. Agree that (Em)Battledstar Galactica is a "little" over the top.......he spelt his own name wrong though, so what do you expect!!!

CT7
20th Apr 2004, 09:55
Puinarny

Nelson is a hick town!

Don Won

I'm pretty sure they only ring if there is a "flag" on yer case file. Uncle Koru didn't ring mine.....

Guys Guys, whatever you get on, just make it the best job you can while you plan your next move. Most regionals know that they are just stepping stones to the no-prop brigade.

Eg gets a lot because their minimums are lower than Nsn.
Nsn gets a few less because Eg has taken a few from their pool as well.
Cook gets less cos you gotta be a southie.
Origin will take whoever they can get.

If ya see another crew in an airport snack bar (can't really call them any better) sit down and have a good old chin-wag. You might surprise them..plus you can check the hostie out from a closer distance:ok:

flyingkiwi
21st Apr 2004, 00:38
Haha

CT7 it worked for me :E . how is the big Koru going.

Nosegear

probably right but hey when you you bite ya gotta bite hard, fantastic day pity my pools not open yet! have to pop down to Thailand instead. You still flying in NZ?

Cheers
Fk

Horse Float Driver
21st Apr 2004, 05:52
Does anyone feel a bit of "Deja Vue" reading this post?

Didn't we get the oars out and paddle all thi S@#T a month ago when EAG last had interveiws?

There are obviously some very bitter people out there in this industry, most of whom have opbviously got their heads so far up their "jackseys" it is no wonder they can't get out of G.A!!!

EAG is no dofferent ot any other prop operater in ENZED ayt the end of the day we all get paid we all do what we trained for and spent those hard earned dollars on, and we are no longer flying rust buckets around tight arse at $5/hour.

Yes there are some Prat's, but where aren't there? By inlarge the eagle guy's and girl's are a good bunch, and I'd go as far as saying that the "three day event" interview does a pretty good job of weining the good from the bad!

If you are asked what the IFR alternate minima is and can't get that right, then I am glad you are not sitting next to me on a :mad: house day asking me if we got the gas to go somewhere else if we miss!

Get a lif guys and girls! If you've got nothging better to do keep up the good work putting gas in my car...sounds like there is better job satisfaction for most of you doing that!!!!!!

CT7
21st Apr 2004, 09:10
FK

How's the big smoke? Has that wee girlie of yours spent all yer money yet??

Here, I'm just the proverbial oinker in the brown smelly stuff. :ok:

Don Won
21st Apr 2004, 09:40
Ohh Boo Hooo:{ those of you who keep on with the "lets all just get on with the job and all hold hands" well as Jake once said "ya make me sick":yuk:
Come on guy's, like eag or not this is a very interesting post, and highlights many issues of the company, I'm wiling to bet that eag managment do read these posts and who know's mite take some notice.
Spose it's a bit of a shame that some of the things are posted on the net but oh well..... do the crime, do the time.:ugh:

CT7
21st Apr 2004, 20:29
Just like the Tui add says : "Yeah, Right"

charliemanson
9th May 2004, 04:30
How were those beers last night Rollie??

Cheeky Whitey
9th May 2004, 23:00
Does anyone know when Eagle are interviewing again?? Have heard that they probably won't for a while after running two recent rounds. Seems like the hiring spell has dried up a bit with all the regionals...

splatgothebugs
10th May 2004, 00:35
Cheeky, your source is incorrect.

Keep updating they are continually hiring and thats all I'm going to say.

always inverted
10th May 2004, 07:31
what is the average hours of people called for an interview on the last 2 rounds ?? and how many of them got through.

Cheeky Whitey
10th May 2004, 08:52
Splat... hmm yea think my source could be a little off track. (possibly) Heard another story that Eagle hiring again within a month... but don't think this source is over reliable so who knows... we'll have to put it in the wait and see pile. :hmm:

Thump & Go
10th May 2004, 21:38
splat your post is very 007, what's the matter think the room might be bugged?:E

Thump

splatgothebugs
11th May 2004, 00:37
Is the room bugged, oh my god their out to get me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going crazy :p

I hear June can be a nice time of the year.

Cue mission impossible music :D

splat

Cheeky Whitey
11th May 2004, 01:35
Ahhh... so my unreliable source seems to be a little more reliable than first thought... Guess I owe the poor man a beer. What time they look for these days??

loose unit
11th May 2004, 05:08
I have also been told that Eagle will be interviewing again within a month. With Origin not hiring for quite some time... and the Air Nelson camp being full (last course still no starts yet) maybe some of the 'Eagle Haters' on this post will have to take second best so to speak.... unless you want to pay for a rating that is, and after reading the Air National post....... I don't think so.

splatgothebugs
11th May 2004, 06:06
Mins are 1000 TT and 200ME but as you all know those with the higher time have the upper hand.

Though theres not to many left out there with large sums of multi.

All those GA Lads and ladies out there who are been picky over which operator they fly for might have to start pulling their heads in and remember that turbine time is turbine time and it dosen't matter what its in.

"pilotstaffcv.com"

splat

Cloud Cutter
11th May 2004, 07:03
Actually Staff CV says 1000 TT, 100 Multi for Eagle?

The magic numbers seem to be 1500 and 200 still though, no mention of the rumoured lowering of minima - can't be too many eligable candidates left though.

Don Won
11th May 2004, 09:29
Just like to report that last round few kiwi's on it, thought worth a mention, who know's mite start to serve food on the Queen Air's sorry 1900's Kava,Taro maybe? even Rice
"reagle run floor flive craed chew rand":ok:
Soundz pretty funny!!!!!!!

josephshankes
11th May 2004, 09:55
3 day interview?? 3 days???!!!!

Are they recruiting for NASA or what?:}

ZK-NSN
11th May 2004, 10:39
Eagle want the best of the best, a pilot who can push the beech1900d model to the very edge of the envelope. those who can will be given the eagle trophy and the chance to come back as B1900d instructors... Do you think your name is going to be on that trophy son? Remember, theres no points for second place.

josephshankes
11th May 2004, 11:23
....that took my breath awaaaaaaay..... :O

maxgrad
11th May 2004, 16:24
does knowing how to ride a motorcycle rrreeeaaallllllyyy fast beside a runway with a vacant expression help???

josephshankes
11th May 2004, 21:52
Course it would help.

Anyone company that requires a 3 day accessment, then nothing would surprise.

I known of companies that recruit B747 Capts and F/O's (F/O's 1000 hrs min) on completion of a 1 day accessment.

What are Eagle planning to operate? Space Shuttles?

splatgothebugs
11th May 2004, 23:13
Get over it ladies.............................it happens because big brother also has a 3 day interview.

If you don't like it don't apply and stop your Bit%$ing because we have heard it alll before.

splat:ok:

Woodend1
11th May 2004, 23:18
does knowing how to ride a motorcycle rrreeeaaallllllyyy fast beside a runway with a vacant expression help???

I don't know about my my motorcycle skills but I've got the chewing the face off a beautiful blonde number down pretty good....:}

Cheeky Whitey
11th May 2004, 23:24
ring ring.... keep close to the phone today boys.

Sqwark2004
12th May 2004, 02:36
Sounds like you boys have Lost That Loving Feeling.

You obviously need a hand figureing it out - who the best pilots are. We are the only ones that can handle the need. The need for speed.

Think you lot should be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh#t out of Hong Kong.

You're all just a bunch of Flyboys clogging up the pattern.

S2K4 eva

Cloud Cutter
12th May 2004, 04:30
:cool: And the Top Gun quote award goes to...........

Don't tell me Eagle are interviewing yet again? Who are the lucky victims this time? How many more eligable candidates can there be? :confused:

Homebrew1
12th May 2004, 09:11
Some of you guys are sad ******s, I love working for Eagle. The Beech is fun to fly, I'm gaining valuable experience which will set me up for big brother in time to come. 98% of the guys I fly with are easy to get on with, friendly and I rarely read the roster and go SH** thats going to be a long day.

I think Eagle get it mostly right with their interview process. Sounds like a lot of the guys winging and moaning may be the ones who RIGHTFULLY didn't make it.

The Three day interview is half a day the first day, 45mins the next, and 1hr the last day. From what I'v heard there are some disasters in the sim. maybe some people should have been knitters not pilots. :ok:

belowMDA
12th May 2004, 09:20
Splat, just because Uncle Koru has a three day interview doesn't mean that Eagle is justified in doing so. Air Nelson do a 45 minute personality and knowledge interview and that works for them just fine, you certainly don't see the numbers failing there that you do at Eagle. Now I'm not saying that Eagle pilots that succeed are any worse than those at Air Nelosn but I think you could easily argue that Air Nelson prescreen their interviewees better and pick from places with a good track record of producing pilots with good handling skills and a team focused attitude. Maybe if Eagle started using this method then they might lower the failure rate of the interview, simulator and line training.

take me to bed now or lose me forever.......

from down below.

josephshankes
12th May 2004, 09:23
OK, point taken. 1 day interview over 3 days. Fair enough and thanks for pointing that out.

nike
12th May 2004, 21:55
MDA, unfortunately your argument doesn't have alot going for it. You cannot compare pass rates on checks-to-line directly with the type of interview process. But I do think you can compare individual training regimes and interview styles.
Airlines will develop interview techniques and standards with their training procedures and line operations in mind. So one example might be; any deficiencies in training resourses available has to be a major factor in deciding what skills and attributes the interviewee must have from day one. Possibly an example of looking for the 'just add water' co-pilot in Eagle Air's case due to the specifics of their operation and therefore their need for a more in-depth interview process.
Air Nelson would be a good choice of a first airline job due to their good training resourses and procedures. But with this in mind I suggest that the need to be more selective during the interview process is of less importance due to the comfort of training resourse available.

I think you were right though, when you said

Air Nelson do a 45 minute personality and knowledge interview and that works for them just fine
in particular
for them

Joseph is right, after reading toby jac's post you have to wonder why the process is not condenced into one day. Instead of having 9 guys for 3 days, possibly 3 guys each day for 3 days, reducing costs to the individual.

The main point is to realise that to compare different companies' procedure's is pointless unless said companies' are similar in type,size and operation. Failing that it will be too easy to debate without resolution.

splatgothebugs
12th May 2004, 23:39
OK, point taken the 3 day interview is bloody long and costly to the individual.

All I'm trying to get at is there is not point complaining about it because it ain't going to change.

I hear Mount Cook has just gone to a two day interview??????????

TOBY JAC is correct in saying that 98% of the lads and ladies are bloody good to work with (in saying that I haven't flown tossers yet!)

Time for a Top gun quote BUT I can't because I've only seen it once;)

splat:ok:

Speeds high
13th May 2004, 01:28
Splat:

OMG, you have only seen Top Gun once, and you call yourself a pilot?

Crash and Burn aye Mav

Heheh Just kiddin :p :D

Sqwark2000
13th May 2004, 01:57
S2K4!! another alias???? when will it stop??? :ok:

S2K

"...2 A4's left 10 o'clock level, continue level turn..."

Woodend1
13th May 2004, 01:59
"...good morning gentlemen. The temperatures 110 degrees".

Cheeky Whitey
13th May 2004, 03:36
Have an Eagle interview coming up... would really appreciate some help on what to study and stuff... anyone care to PM me some info/help?? :O

Sqwark2000
13th May 2004, 04:45
For those with upcoming Eagle interview or for future reference,
Eagle Air has a new website launched within in the last week or two.

Check out www.eagleair.co.nz for company info, history and application info. Not heaps of stuff yet but it's a start.

Good luck chaps.

S2K

ZK-NSN
13th May 2004, 05:41
Sure it might be a pain in the ass having to sit around the "great" city of Hamilton (i assume thats where the interveiws are), but thats the hoops you have to jump through fella's. I heard on the last day you all stand around a pool in white suits and raybans, Can anyone confirm this and if so do we have to supply our own suits.
Splat - only once! instead of reading big trevs book on p of f i just watched topgun a few times. I failed the exam 8 times but i can quote topgun better than most.

Remember boys, "Below the hard deck doesnt count.":cool:

Luke SkyToddler
13th May 2004, 08:37
You see splat? You wasted your youth bro ...

you should have been down the lounge watching top gun with the boys, instead of listening to fatboy slim and lying in that hammock all day watching *****'s vast porno collection :ok:

(names censored to protect the blatantly guilty)

Ah jeez I've gone all nostalgic now, someone get me a tissue :{

DVDA
13th May 2004, 22:30
"Holy **** Viper's out here"

Woodend1
14th May 2004, 00:11
"...hard deck my ass..."

Split Flap
14th May 2004, 01:38
"we nailed that son of a bitch"

jimshutt
14th May 2004, 01:46
I would enjoy the 3 day interview or even a 45 minute one, but after 8 years of updating without any response I have come to the conclusion that I must have a problem! Thought of phoning Dr Phil. Eagle is a great little airline with great pilots a lot of them my friends.

DVDA
14th May 2004, 09:25
"just tell me one thing....If you had to go into battle, would you want want him there with you?"

josephshankes
14th May 2004, 10:08
Comon son..... we're gonin' home.

Luke SkyToddler
14th May 2004, 16:07
"You're a hell of a flyer. You are maybe ... too good. You never really stepped in it yet. So this is your chance. I'm gonna send you up against the best. They are better than you. Maybe they'll knock that shine off your eagle and you'll see, finally, where discipline and teamwork fit it. "

Speeds high
14th May 2004, 23:29
We ve got Jester on our tail

Oh :mad: its Jester

Yeah thats what hes sayin, oh :mad: its mavrick and Goose

Yeah right mav sure thats what hes sayin

belowMDA
14th May 2004, 23:52
We're going balistic Mav!!!

splatgothebugs
15th May 2004, 03:54
Silly me I should have watched Top Gun insteed of shagging and drinking.

God dam it I wasted my youth:p

I'm off to the vid store to hire the DVD.

zk-NSN interviews are held in AA

johnshutt, have you ever made that phone call to say hello? or have you lost that love and fealing

Good luck to all with interviews :ok:

;)

splat

Woodend1
15th May 2004, 04:21
"...I'd like to bust your butt but I can't. I got another problem here. I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Hamiltron..."

ZK-NSN
15th May 2004, 05:12
"...Im going to give you boys your dream shot, you 2 chartacters are going for an eagle interveiw...but if you screw up just this much you'll be instructing on a C152 out of Gore...goodluck gentlmen."

Splat - maybe Hamilton is'nt so bad after all.

jimshutt
15th May 2004, 05:31
Splat- No I never lost the loving feeling and yes they do know who I am. I was always disappointed that nobody ever replied to my interest or had the guts to tell me what my problem is.