PDA

View Full Version : 7 Mustangs all in a row

Blue Sky Baron
15th Mar 2004, 00:34
For those who were unable to make it to the Tyabb Airshow yesterday, you missed one of the smoothest airshows I have ever been to.

All seven of Australia's flying Mustangs in one formation at low level is something you don't see every day - in fact I guess it has not been seen since the war! Add to that a Boomerang, Wirraway, the Southern Knights with their Harvards, a gaggle of Yaks and Nanchangs, not to forget the Spitfire. As for jets there was a great display from the Vampire and the other jet from Temora (who's name escapes me today).

Great Aerobatics displays from Pip Borman in the Edge and another exiting one from the Yak. The Roulettes were as brilliant as ever, but my favourite was the stunningly smooth aero display in the C152. So smooth, followed by a couple of rolls with the engine shut down then a landing and roll through to the marshalls still with the engine shut down - just like Bob Hoover does in the Shrike.

Lots of Antiques like the Ryans, Chippys, Fairchild and the famous local "Tied Tigers", 3 Tigers flying in formation while tied together with bunting. Not bad when the average age of the pilots is 10 years OLDER than the average age of the Tigers.

If you want my advice don't miss the next one at Tyabb, now known as "The Mornington Peninsula Airport" in 2006 (alternating with Avalon) as I'm sure it will be even better.

Well done to Rob Fox and all 250 volunteers who put this brilliant airshow together for our enjoyment.

BSB :ok:

Dogimed
15th Mar 2004, 04:41
http://www.warbirdz.net/largepic.php?ID=2448

The start of Glenns contribution to the arts from Tyabb Airshow.

Dog

No Further Requirements
15th Mar 2004, 10:28
An excellent show - I enjoyed it as much or maybe more than Avalon. I remember when I was last there about 12 years or so ago as an Air Training Corps cadet helping out, there were quite e few people there I thought, but this was outstanding. A great turn out from the public and an enjoyable show put on by the aviators and ground crew alike. Bring on the next one! Cheers,

NFR.