PDA

View Full Version : SAA acft to Mumbai

RUDAS
13th Mar 2004, 20:05
Hi guys,am going up on SAA to Mumbai towards the end of the month,and was wondering if SAA uses the A346 or the A342 there these days?

also,if there are any pilots who fly the route,do we overfly the comoros and seychelles? that must be beautiful from the air.

anyway,thanks,and remember,i wouldn't say no to a jump seat!;)

PAXboy
14th Mar 2004, 01:00
You don't say what days you are flying but if you had looked on the SAA website, you could have found the information in 60 seconds - as I did. :rolleyes:

I won't comment on the chance of getting a jump seat ride by someone who pops out of the internet unknown to the carrier and crew. :mad:

RUDAS
19th Mar 2004, 07:37
hey,thanks for the info,i'll certainly look up their website,although i believe it's probably a A340-200.

as for the jump seat,that was just a bit of tongue-in-cheek!

i'm not sure at what point it gets dark en route,but i'd love to have my camera handy incase the route takes one over the seychelles or comores.

PAXboy
19th Mar 2004, 16:10
If departs at 12:00 and arrives 00:05 (local) the next day after a scheduled elapsed 9:05 hrs. Hence you cross three time zones.

The route will affect this enormously but one might >guess< that it will not be dark until about half way through. That means a combination of route with the Lat and Long. Say about 16:00 ZA time? That should see you past the Comoroes but Seychelles might be at dusk - almost certainly at sea level, even if still light for you in the cabin.

RUDAS
20th Mar 2004, 10:24
wow,thanks for the details.much appreciated!:ok:

PAXboy
20th Mar 2004, 12:20
Nothing to thank me for. The timing information was on the SAA website and a map is fairly easy to consult ... :rolleyes:

RUDAS
20th Mar 2004, 12:53
ah but i'm one of those types whose natural habitat is the pointy end of the fuselage (read:small brain),and even though time zones are on maps,and i know the schedule,i dont know what time darkness falls in real time en route...so i do appreciate your INTERPRETATION of the info you got.

nice one.

planecrazi
20th Mar 2004, 14:00
Taking a pretty pictures of the Comores and Seychelles by night will be the last best pictures you will possibly take.(even by night) Not many pretty things to see at destination!!!