PDA

View Full Version : freeserve/yahoogroups delays

andymac
13th Mar 2004, 16:38
for the last 3 weeks now I've been suffering massive delays receiving my mails from yahoogroups - typically 12-15hrs+, max 48hrs+. Now the mails seem to all arrive between 0001 and 0600hrs - I typically rcv c250mails/day from there, at a steady rate throughout the day. All spam + private msgs (inc tests) arrive within seconds of having been sent. Freeserve help line wasn't very helpful, and I don't want the bother of changing ISPs or setting up new email accounts. Anyone know what is happening or how long it is likely to continue for??:(

Naples Air Center, Inc.
14th Mar 2004, 03:11
andymac,

Yahoogroups was delaying email for about 4 hours when the latest crop of viruses came out, but for the last couple of weeks it has been coming though in 10 minutes or less.

Have you tried emailing your email account from your Freeserve account and from another email account that is not a Freeserve account to see how long it is taking to get to your email account.

Take Care,

Richard

andymac
15th Mar 2004, 07:56
Hi Richard, I've done that + msg returns immediately.
Spam and private msgs are undelayed - it's just a conflict btwn yahoogroups and freeserve it seems. Several others on yahoogroups/freeserve combi are also complaining.
Tks for yr help, Andy Mac.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Mar 2004, 18:20
andymac,

Always glad to help. ;)

Take Care,

Richard