PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean

boeingbus2002
13th Mar 2004, 06:20
After a bit of a problem with my system last weekend, I found several files which I am unsure of what they are for.
Is there a way to check and clear any useless files?
Hopefully this should free up some space and speed things up slightly.
Does anyone know what the following files are from my windows Start up,
- EnsoniqMixer - Starter.exe
- LoadQM - loadqm.exe - Always asks for net access thru zone alarm?!! Is it dodgy?
- LoadPowerProfile - rundll32.exe powerprof.dll
- True Vector - Vsmon.exe

Btw I did try the search, (in case it has been done before but it was disabled!)

Cheers all
:ok:

boeingbus2002
14th Mar 2004, 05:58
:O
Yes you were right! powrprof.dll

Thanks for reply. I know there is a website i can use to check these files.
What exactly does LoadQM do? Seems to function ok without allowing interent access.

:ok:

boeingbus2002
14th Mar 2004, 13:30
Many thanks TCS!
Do you know a way of checking other files/folders on my system to see if they are actually needed or obsolete from previous uninstalls?

Caslance
14th Mar 2004, 16:16
As far as processes and tasklist items goes, you might find this (http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm) quite useful.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Mar 2004, 17:49
boeingbus2002,

The best Spring Cleaning you could do is a fresh install of your OS with all the latest drivers. Then install only the programs you are currently using and leave off all the programs you stopped using in the past year.

It will do wonders for an ailing system.

Take Care,

Richard

mazzy1026
16th Mar 2004, 14:06
I agree with Richard - nothing beats a nice clean install - having too much software and unused programs on your computer can open up a can of problem worms hehe

Maz