PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

Groundgripper
13th Mar 2004, 02:56
I seem to have managed to disconnect Internet Explorer from my dial-up connection (BT) so that each time I click on the BT icon it dials up and connects me (well, usually anyway) but does not then automatically open up Internet Explorer. This I have to do by clicking on the IE icon. Similarly, when I close IE, I do not get a prompt to disconnect from the ISP.

I have another ISP and everything works OK with that but, comparing them, I cannot spot any difference between the settings.

Anyone got any ideas what I might have done? I’m running Windows ME and IE 5.5 if that makes any difference.

E-Liam
13th Mar 2004, 03:00
Hi Groundgripper,

Click on Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, then scroll down the list and highlight Internet Explorer 5.5 and Internet Tools by clicking once. A button will illuminate under the list saying Add/Remove program. Click on that and then click on the option to Repair, and click OK.

If you don't, for some reason, get that option, then go to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Information | Tools | Internet Explorer Repair Tool and do it from there. That should sort it out for you.

Cheers

Liam

Naples Air Center, Inc.
13th Mar 2004, 09:53
Groundgripper,

Just a thought, the way your computer logs on to the net is my preferred way for Dialup. I prefer being able to control what launches and what does not.

Take Care,

Richard

Groundgripper
14th Mar 2004, 20:31
Many thanks Liam, I'll see if that works.

I agree about the control aspect Richard, but I don't think I have ever needed to log onto anything except IE on a dial-up connection so for me it's just another unnecessary keystroke.

GG

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Mar 2004, 18:00
Groundgripper,

If the day ever comes when you use Email and Instant Messaging, then it might be worth looking at changing the way you log on. ;)

Take Care,

Richard