PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance apprenticeships

Aerofoil
12th Mar 2004, 21:22
Hi guys

I have a friend who is currently at college but is contemplating leaving to start an apprenticeship.

I asked him if he has looked into aircraft maintenance technician apprenticeships.
Now i am training towards becoming a pilot and can only give him limited info so i was wondering if someone could give me some advice as to how he can find out more about what the job entails and also how to get onto some sort of apprenticeship/training course?

Any addresses, web sites contact number etc would be excellent.
Thanks in advance

Dave

Genghis the Engineer
12th Mar 2004, 23:52
Rare, but still available (certainly aircraft engineering, if not necessarily maintenance), I think, at...

- Some BAe sites (you usually need to apply individually)
- Westland Helicopters (Yeovil)
- Qinetiq Boscombe Down

Should be details on the respective websites.

G

Mr @ Spotty M
13th Mar 2004, 19:15
Britannia Airways have an advert out for an Apprentice intake at the moment, max age 19.

Aerofoil
13th Mar 2004, 19:23
Mr @ spotty

Thanks for that, i was about to say that i used to work as cabin crew for Britannia and i was going to ask about an apprenticeship with them as im aware they run apprenticeships on occasion.

Where can i find this advert with Britannia?

Thanks v much

Dave

vs69
14th Mar 2004, 14:44
Try virgin as well, they are taking on avionics (jar66 b2 ) apprenti in sept, not sure if its on the recruitment website yet but check it out, think there is an upper age limit of 19 at the time of starting so i dony know if thats of any help but i hope it is.