PDA

View Full Version : QF/DJ ++..... union coverage

ADD
12th Mar 2004, 19:10
Just wondering how stupid us pilots really are here in OZ?

Come on, whats the collectives's opinion on getting all of us under some form of united umbrella?

Or tell me why you think a career in aviation will be better in ten years from now under the present divisive & paranoid environment. We are pulling this industry apart! Don't blame management, they are just playing the game. Pilots are always their own worst enemies and the present shafting from pilots to pilots is just another example. I had hoped to be rid of it on exiting GA.

Yes, AIPA has stuffed up and had previously rejected various groups that we already know about. There is a serious movement stirring from the more junior pilots here at QF, that our next 30 yrs in the game will be worth #### if we don't stop the rot. If the will is out there, we will change AIPA from inside to conform is some way.

In todays industrial climate, you need to be smart. We all like to think we are. But I can't see much evidence in this arena. For those that think that the IPC are smart by scoring a broadside into the pilot fraternity (not just QF), please tell me your wisdom on why it will not inflict long term damage for the sake of a few short term gains. I understand why the did it, I won't pretend that I might think differently if I were in that corner myself. But please let this be the low point in pilot unity that we must never repeat.

I know lots of the QF regional guys are keen and quite rightly so. It's disgusting that many L/H cabin crew earn as much if not more than Dash Captains let alone FOs. And all because we let mangement do it!

I'd like to hear from the DJ guys on whether they like their set up ie :rostering and amount of time off/contactability. Are you happy with this lifestyle for the next 30 years?

As for the IPC/now jet* , I would hope that they too are keen to be involved. In the end it may or may not suit them, I've got know idea on their thoughts. Please tell.

There is no use going through what we have all done in GA (low $$$) if there is'nt the renumeration at the top levels. For those that argue that current wages are too high, you either have'nt done it for long enough or at all and have never missed your children's birthdays etc .

Food for thought?