PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with NZ logbook question

rottenlungs
12th Mar 2004, 08:32
Hi all

I am still at the stage in my flying that every solo flight is such a shock that I occasionally enter the hours in the wrong column (****!).

What are the rules concerning correcting it? Can i just use a correction pen and then put the hours in the correct column?

Thanks all

Lungs

kavu
12th Mar 2004, 08:52
Mate

I stuff up all the time with names and hours. Twink is my friend. Put him over the incorrect time or name and put in the new time or name.

For the one or two mistakes that happens this is not a problem. However don't do it to often. If someone comes along and checks your logbook and every line has twink on it then they might think twice.

If CAA or someone else gets really stuck up about it they can always check the hours against the school or person you hired the plane off.

So the end answer is just correct the mistake. A neat logbook always looks better.

Hope this helps.

K :)

rottenlungs
12th Mar 2004, 08:58
G`day Kavu.

Thanks for the quick response mate. Pprune rocks, man!

Take your point about not doing it to often, I guess whole pages with the hours changed would look pretty dodgy!

Cheers

Lungs

turbantime
12th Mar 2004, 11:07
Another option is to simply glue the two pages together so they can't be read. That's an option if you've totally stuffed it up.

Aileron Roll
12th Mar 2004, 13:29
Take some real pride with your LogBook, rememeber it is a dairy of your Flying History, think about chucking it, and starting a new one..... Wait till your home at night before entering each flight.....

On Track
12th Mar 2004, 16:45
Hey Aileron Roll,

Did you really mean "dairy"?

Sounds like a very Kiwi thing to say.

Aileron Roll
12th Mar 2004, 16:59
On Track !

yip you got me, me spelling ain't to good...........

BCF Breath
13th Mar 2004, 07:01
And don't try filling it out after a "Few" at the local. You'll see the difference next morning:O

AerocatS2A
13th Mar 2004, 21:22
Is it ok to throw a log book and re-enter all the flights? What about the pages with stuff signed-off into them?

flyby_kiwi
15th Mar 2004, 05:55
No problem with starting a new logbook. Whoever made the various signatures in your original logbook will happily redo them in your new one. Its always good to have a 'good' logbook and you 'old' one.
Do it sooner rather than later - I was nearly at 200hrs before I had to redo it :{

rottenlungs
17th Mar 2004, 02:11
G`day All

Been away for a day or two. Thanks for all the advice.

Aileron Roll - filling the book out at home in the evening is definitely wise words. I try and always use the same colour pen, sad as that sounds!

One thing I wish I had known sooner though is that you can enter "Self" rather than my name - now I`ve started down the using my name route I can`t really change.

Once again cheers for all the input.

Lungs