PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Aviation

The Counter
12th Mar 2004, 08:03
Can anyone help with any info on Pearl Aviations interview process?

I have an interview and would appreciate any help.

T.C

Leatherdog
12th Mar 2004, 11:09
The Counter

I used to work for Pearl. The company is a very secure company for people looking for a longer term employment. Their pay and conditions are above the standard and if you get the nod from KLG you'll not look back. The majority of the fleet are older but in okay to good condition. If you hope to get a Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth base, don't bother. They are a Nothern Territory company now, so expect an NT base. On the up side, the NT Gov doesn't have demerit points for your drivers licence, just fines.

Depending on your experience, you'll either be assigned Metro 23 FO or B200 Captain. Your bond on the aircraft will be 2 years at $12000 for captains and $6000 for FO's. You will be chased down for the money if you leave early so if you've a reasonable chance with other operators that suits your long term plan, ie NOT the NT, then best follow them up.

There will be no GA pressures that you may have experinecd prior, however you will be asked for tea and bikkies if you stray from standard ops, or base your decisions on lateral thinking that doesn't gell with the operations staff. They are heavy when push comes to shove.

They have a website, worth a look: http://www.pearlav.com.au/

All the best with you interview, have a good understanding of the IFR and recent changes. Like the initail aproach speed on reversal procedure without IAF (CAT B). (changed late last year) know their fleet & bases. and KNOW your current aircraft type, chances are KLG would have flown it.

Again, best of luck,Cheers

Leatherdog

:ok: :ok:

The Counter
13th Mar 2004, 08:01
Thanks Leatherdog for the good info.

Regard

T.C

Ace on Base
13th Mar 2004, 08:08
The Counter,

I know of three poeple that have interviews................

The noose is tightening.............!:E

See you around :D :D

T.C.

Check your PM's

Cheers:D :D

Kinghair
15th Mar 2004, 00:35
A o B,

What exactly do you mean by "The noose is tightening......!:E

You can PM me if you like.

johhnyrelegate
13th Apr 2004, 03:26
how did ure interview go, i have one in the not to distant future, just interested in knowing which bases they are looking for pilots.

J