PDA

View Full Version : The School battle

malaysian eaglet
12th Mar 2004, 05:39
Any information on the underground battle leaded by MFA to undermine the opening of a second school in Malaysia (Langkawi Aerospace Training Centre)?

kwaiyai
15th Mar 2004, 05:33
ME,Why the interest all of a sudden thoght you were off too pastures new.
Yada Yada Yada.

malaysian eaglet
15th Mar 2004, 22:11
You are not aware of the last few month events. An underground battle is engaged by MFA to stop the opening of Langkawi (LATC).
A large part of the staff would prefer to work in a more " Civil Aviation" atmosphere and not under an old concept -at least 30 years old- inherited from the Indian Air Force....

b777pilot
16th Mar 2004, 10:48
i think that's a good point made. '30 year old inherited...' methods should not be perpuated. in a dynamic industry like this, all aspects should be continually reviewed and updated.

the ATPL for one. i think human peformance was a step in the right direction. how about GPS's and FMC's for another? ETOPS could be a beneficial subject seeing that big twins are coming our way.

PurpleAirway
19th Mar 2004, 13:48
The majority of the ex Indian Airforce staff at MFA aren't the major problem (except for a select few... or one); in fact they get most of the work done at MFA. I'm not surprised the staff there aren't happy with the management. It's a mess. real mess.

I wasn't aware of any underground battle being engaged by mfa. (maybe someone could shed some light on this?) Although i do know they are threatened by the existance of a new flying academy. in fact a few instructors have decided to leave mfa for the newer option.

b777pilot made a good point on the atpl. the industry is moving so far ahead; the subjects are being left behind. sigh..