View Full Version : To The Air 2000 Crew!

Jeffrey S
12th Mar 2004, 05:17
hello.

i was on the DP50 ( i think) and 51 to and from paphos, cyprus on wednesday and returned last night. I have to give maximum respect to the crew, who were very nice, especially when i explained to one of them that i was a student pilot, and that on the return flight i was allowed to meet the flightdeck crew after touchdown to birmingham. Sorry cant remeber the very helpful crewmembers names but thanks to Capt. Goodwin for some great advice and the time to spare.

One thing though folks, Air 2000 work you lot HARD :( :(

Paphos-and-back is a long sector without a stop-off, and 8 days on must be rough...

but still i am very impressed with the crew!
(yes, even that air2000 captain blatantly fagging it right outside the passenger entrance of paphos airport and then walks to his Airbus a320 afterwards... hahaha)

keep up the good work guys, you work hard!!!
See you soon,

Jeffrey.

Floaty
14th Mar 2004, 18:46
Thanks Jeffrey! I wasn't on that flight but I know what it's like (coz i've got one tomorrow morning!) and it's nice to get feedback from pax about our work.

I was wondering... did you hear the crew mentioning about the new Star Class Service? This is quite a big thing going on at the moment and it will be officially launched late spring this year. I mean, have you noticed a difference with the service? Did the crew do anything unusual compared to competitors? Was there a different atmosphere on board? Did you get involved in entertaining activities? Competitions? Fun passengers' announcements?

Just curious...

Cheers.

Floaty

p.s. we never work 8 days on (unless we are on a L-H but that's not exactly flying...). Our max is 6 on followed by 2 days off. In winter most of these 6 days are standby... Don't know where the Manchester crew got that number from but I went through the Scheduling Agreement and couldn't find any of that... Anyone dead eeeager to find out, pls refer to C.A.A. CAP 371. (I'm not) :8

pollypocket36
14th Mar 2004, 20:27
I must mention that out of all the charters I've flown on I can say with confidence that Air 2000 is definitely the best. I've never had any probs with them like the many I've had with others.

The crew are always plesant and helpful. In addition, last Oct I flew to Kos with you guys and got speaking to a crew member at the exit. He was saying that the moral wasn't too good back then. However, you would never have known.

Well done and continue to keep up the great work as its so nice to see a fantastic crew whenever I fly with you!!

Polly

witchdoctor
15th Mar 2004, 11:36
Surely you mean First Choice Airways?;) :p

(And don't call me Shirley)

Floaty
16th Mar 2004, 19:11
First who? :p :}

gonup
30th Mar 2004, 23:17
Its nice to see positive feedback. I work for Air2... uuuhm, First Choice Airways as cabin crew down at LGW... I think Air.. UUhhm First Choice Airways has a great bunch of people.. yes.. even you lot in MAN :) he he.. but seriously.. this star class... Bunch of pooh if you ask me. I mean, they've given some silly concept to what we do already. It was our perhaps slightly mad and fun personality that got us taken on in the first place... and now, what? Butlins has entered the skies.. IN PINK?

fourplay
13th Apr 2004, 02:53
I flew with stacks of Air 2000 cabin crew on the Alitalia wet lease through Ansett World Wide in 1995 Based in Rome.

I had the best time with thoses guys, I have never seen people enjoy life so much as the Brits, F:mad:K we laughed from sign on to sign off and beyond, I thought I was a funny b :mad: d until I met the gang.

I loved working with you guys and have many many happy memories of working with you.

Anyone online who was there or knew Jason, Dawn, Haley feel free to Pvt me.