PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Airways

Air_Dream
12th Mar 2004, 03:15
Apparently nearlly all Etihad Airways pilots are from Emirates. They are being paid double what they get and their cabin crew are all Gulf Air staff.

fatbus
12th Mar 2004, 10:14
not true, no pilots from EK yet, pay the same and the package is alittle less. some of the pilots are from Airtransat

SPFlyer
12th Mar 2004, 10:21
anyone have any info on the employees of Etihad?

Groundstaff, management etc....?.

I'd be interested to know what morale is like etc.

Cheers.

SPF.

Air_Dream
12th Mar 2004, 17:50
Well Etihads new Airport Manager for LHR is Steve Lowe. - Gulf Air LHR's ex Airport Manager!

And the new regional manager for the Far East is a guy called Mr. Albrow.

west of 30w
13th Mar 2004, 06:15
The guy doing the flight deck application and selection is an English bloke called Cpt Caine, other than that lot of LTU managment, i think!:ok:

A300Man
13th Mar 2004, 17:49
Cabin Crew and cc management from a variety of backgrounds, including one senior manager who is ex- Qatar Airways Amiri Flight. Lots of renowned flight managers and staff ex Air Lanka too.

One senior CSD from QR is just about to join them too. I would say they are a quality outfit.

Pilots - not sure where from, but I heard LTU and Volare.

YYC F/A
19th Mar 2004, 00:52
I agree that they have a quality team in place. They hired a number of very experienced ex C3000 cabin staff, I myself was hired for a cabin services management/trainer position (I had held a similar role at bmi some years back) but another opportunity arose in N America that better suited my lifestyle. I would have taken the job in a flash had it been out here, but my personal preference was to be over here rather than the Mid East.

They've had some troubles of late, and I know some people have become disenfranchised and quit, but from what I hear they are working hard to get things off the ground (excuse the pun) and
I believe they have a great team of people in place to acheive that.

Hope they get it sorted soon.