PDA

View Full Version : Briz p!ssup early May?

Kaptin M
11th Mar 2004, 20:59
Wrong forum.........wrong topic......wrong subject!!

Sorry :{ Truly :E

But HERE is the one that gets the most coverage in Oz.

The Missus, the rugrats and me are planning on injecting some $$$'s into the Oz economy around the beginning of May - like the 1th, 2th, 3th, and 4st.

Anyone interested in meeting at the Gold Coast or in Briz (The Hamo, Brekky Creek, or The Morrison??) to spill a couple?

Pick ya date!

Pinky the pilot
12th Mar 2004, 19:08
I'll definitely be in that if..
(a) I win the lottery
(b) One of my rich maiden aunts (two at last count) falls off her perch and leaves me everything (doubtful in the least)
(c) They suddenly start paying $100 per bin for picking oranges (lets be real!!)

Seriously Kaptin; I'd like nothing better but..:{ :{ :{

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Home Brew
13th Mar 2004, 15:38
Catch the city cat to the Regatta Kapt "M".

I"ll shout ya one or two!!:ok: :D

Kaptin M
14th Mar 2004, 23:33
Pick ya date and I`ll be there. Early May.

GG and Disco howabout it? And what about you, Wirraway? I think I might owe you one from the GC HRC.

OzExpat
15th Mar 2004, 07:47
Jeez yer timing sux KM! I'm planning to take about two weeks off near the end of April... but! :eek:

I'm goin the opposite direction! :{ Maybe I can catch up with ya in the latter part of yer visit. This will depend on a few factors that are, currently, beyond me control, but I'll try to catch up with ya at some stage while yer in Brissy.

Besides, I really wanna catch up with that delightful missus! :ok:

Wirraway
15th Mar 2004, 09:54
KM

Should be ok for the first 5 days of May, leaving on
QF19 for Manila on the 6th, and indeed you do owe me
a few from your last stuff-up. :-)

Wirraway

Keg
15th Mar 2004, 11:05
Someone just set the date so I know what I need to bid for!! :ok:

Kaptin M
16th Mar 2004, 23:59
How about Sunday May 2nd, with an early-ish afternoon start?

Venue:
Brekky Creek again?
Or the Lord Stanley at East Brisbane ~ reputedly the best steaks in Brisbane?
http://www.brisbane247.com/show_place.asp?place_id=7401

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,8835574%255E23272,00.html

Sheep Guts
17th Mar 2004, 02:01
Dont you mean the Norman Hotel on Ipswich Road just down from the Gabba Capy?

Not bad steaks there either, even me thinks they were owned by the Breaky Creek Mob at one stage.

Damn twenty hours in Economy between me and Brissy :(
and around $2000 usdollars :( :(:{ :{ :mad:

Have a agood one guys

Sheep

Kaptin M
17th Mar 2004, 02:17
Well I was going to suggest there, Guts - they do have bloody good steaks and salads, and so I'm open to suggestions from anyone. re the venue.
Have we got takers for Sunday May the 2th?
Damn twenty hours in Economy between me and Brissy, and around $2000 usdollarsSo do we take that as a "Yes" :E

18-Wheeler
17th Mar 2004, 04:50
I might be able to come.
But please promise that you won't hide & ignore the PA's trying to get your attention like last time ..... !

Wirraway
17th Mar 2004, 05:18
The 2nd sounds fine, the pubs mentioned near the Gabba
are fine as well. (less than 5 min for me). Also Story Bridge
hotel close as well, although maybe too packed on a Sunday
arvo.

Wirraway

Kaptin M
17th Mar 2004, 07:05
Okey dokey, that looks like it then.
Date:- Sunday May 2
Time:- Approx. 1400 on
Place:- NORMAN HOTEL, Wooloongabba
102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022

For non-Brisbanites, Ipswich Road is the main road heading southbound off the Story Bridge - the Norman would be less than 10 minutes from the city centre, and is on the lhs as you drive towards The Gabba.

Great pub, great steaks (salads, fish, etc)- Brisbane's best non-vegetarian steak restaurant.

Who else looks like showing?

GoGirl
17th Mar 2004, 10:09
Well...I guess you could twist my arm :p

On the provision that you don't plaster me like a wall this time ;)

GG

oh yeah - and him :\

Keg
17th Mar 2004, 10:48
OK. I'm in. I'll bid my heart out for it. Sunday the 2nd it is!!

OzExpat
18th Mar 2004, 07:29
I'll try to be there but have a few things to sort out before I can "confirm or deny"...

GG... if I can get there, is me deluxe room likely to be available? ;)

GoGirl
18th Mar 2004, 10:59
But of course, dear friend :)

Any chance you could make it a more permanent arrangement?

I worry about you too much where you are :sad:

BTW.....there's a pussy in your bed :p

GG xx

Kaptin M
18th Mar 2004, 11:27
Is it a stray?

Well, it's sure lookin' good - even if only those who have posted look like turning up.

GG, I've increased the weights on the dumbells to 2.5 kgs (total) to try to hold you down so that M_la can pour that Turkey down your throat.
Geezoos, the fight you put up last time put me out of action for...for......for..........for................Hey Ozsex, that would be fanbloodytastic if you can orgynise yourself to be there. Betcha Disco at least will remember which approximate direction home is after the first hour or 2!!

Keg, let's know how you fare with your bidding, and I can guarantee you transport from your pub THERE - return.......the reply's fluid at this juncture :D

Wirra - no excuses this time!! And btw, I think our receptacles might have more than a few things in common to keep themselves busy before you shoot off to Manila.

HB, this is part of the visa processing for Mexicans ala "gaijings" - hope that you and some of the other lads can make it. Baker san?
And of course my bro' - God bless him! :ok:

The Voice
18th Mar 2004, 12:36
hey you lot .. at this stage, there is a very SLIGHT possibility of a coupla NT shielas coming over for this little soire ..

I'd say hold your breath .. but that could be fatal .. here's hoping the roster fairies of each org. will be kind and generous ..

Keg
18th Mar 2004, 12:54
No worries Kap. Is the number one bid but due to some 'pre allocated' stuff, there is only one trip that gets me there and it arrives in BNE about 1330. Once I know more I'll either post or PM! :ok:

Roster comes out just before or after Easter!

silverforky
19th Mar 2004, 10:55
I'll try and make it too !!

Woomera
19th Mar 2004, 20:57
Hmmmm. This pi$$-up may need moderating........ :confused:

GoGirl
20th Mar 2004, 12:18
Only this time, the moderator should hang around to moderate :p

:=

OzExpat
21st Mar 2004, 05:34
Yeah I reckon this little do will NEEEEED moderating. Maybe we will see Ms Moderator for a bit longer this time? After all, she wasn't around last time for anywhere near long enuf to get up to any mischief... :{

KM... Bookings are made and will be ticketted this week, to make certain of it! Just make sure that Missus KM will be there eh? :E

GG... thank you soooooo much hon! Here's the details of me travel plans...

Arr BNE 1805 Friday 30 April, QF352 (the PX B767)
Dep BNE 1125 Wednesday 5 May, QF25 - to LAX.

Yep, when I leave Brisvegas, I'm off to a certain wedding in the good ol' US of A! :) :ok:

TV... I'm really really really really really hoping to see the said "coupla NT shielas" at this p!ssup! :ok:

Kaptin M
23rd Mar 2004, 04:23
Things ARE looking promising......or threatening :}

It'll be great to meet some new faces, and to see some of the old :ugh: one's again - you'll probably be the second youngest, Keg....look forward to meeting you, silverforky, you sound like a man after my own heart.

I'm twisting Mrs M's arm, Ozsex - but she reckons she's not gunna miss this one, no matter how far I turn it!! You're not slippng into Singapore := on your way to LA, are you, Ozsex :=

Moderating??? If memory serves me correctly, the problem there seems to be moderation of the moderator's was under-moderated at a previous MEL Bash, leading to moderate-severe sore heads the following daze!
This one seems to be shaping up for a similar finale - so can SOMEONE remember to have the Panadol ready for the day after this time, please :ugh:

OzExpat
23rd Mar 2004, 07:23
Nah mate, Singas is a bit out of the way - besides, I spent long enuf there last year... :ok: :E

Animalclub
24th Mar 2004, 02:10
Will a non-flying ex airline, fairly new prune, guy be welcome?

Kaptin M
24th Mar 2004, 03:33
More than Animal - in fact your nom de plume make it seem that your attendance should be COMPULSORY, in view of some of the other attendees' past performances!! :ok:

And just a refresher for page 2, to save anyone else who's interested from scrolling back

Date:- Sunday, May 2
Place:- NORMAN HOTEL, Wooloongabba.
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022 (the pub's not mine)

For non-Brisbanites, Ipswich Road is the main road heading southbound off the Story Bridge - the Norman would be less than 10 minutes from the city centre, and is on the lhs as you drive towards The Gabba.

High Altitude
24th Mar 2004, 03:42
Bugga that Alice Springs cup weekend...

Woomera
24th Mar 2004, 04:53
As it's the day after me Birfday :ok: if this birthday is similar to previous birthdays, I'd have problems visiting the house next door ..... let alone being sober enough to drive to Brisbane. :{

:ugh:

OzExpat
24th Mar 2004, 06:57
In that case... hippo birfdee for the day before, W! :O

Woomera
24th Mar 2004, 11:57
Bargger from this W.

I'll be through there later in May but not then.

Might send the Princess (lives there) as a substitute, but I would need an assurance that wiz and Oz would behave, I know the Kaptin would be a perfect gennelman. :}

But could you really trust a pilot who thinks that B200 are real airplanes and another who gets altitude sickness above 50ft AGL and who calls his steed DAISY , I mean really, to what is the world coming. :uhoh:

Besides like her muvver she don't take prisoners and shoots the wounded.:{ and it wouldn't be a fair fight:ouch: :ooh: :p

That W

At least the Princess would be a lot better on the eye than her father. Just as well she gets her looks from her mother! :E

This Woomera

Zarg
24th Mar 2004, 12:10
Well, I managed to drag myself to the last Brekky Creek do and survived............................ so, why not?

Count me in!:D

That is if my oh so busy social calender will permit!:D

Kaptin M
24th Mar 2004, 12:18
"but I would need an assurance that wiz and Oz would behave"
howabout that the Earth is flat!! :ok:

The ONLY reason I'm going, is so that I know for sure where those 2 are during their time (and they've both done plenty of that, I'll bet!!) on terra firma in Q'ld!!
I've got 2 sets of handcuffs to keep track of "things" - my left wrist will be locked onto Ozsex, and the right securely padlocked to the Wiz - G&T's to the left o' me...J.D/B's t' the right...
Hang on...I think I saw a Wild Turkey flailing backstroke across the floor!!

All we need now is that Westralian with his cheap red wine!!

And for page 3
Place:- NORMAN HOTEL, Wooloongabba.
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022 (the pub's #.... not mine)

Onya Zarg - after all this time. Mate, I will NEVER forget that mad race to CG airport all those years ago - only to miss ya by minutes!! :mad:

The Voice
24th Mar 2004, 23:37
QUICK

Someone had better chuck that turkey a bouyancy vest of some sort ..

I'll be needing some of its feathers to revive me if I get there ..

hey W the apple of your eye sounds like a girl after my own heart .. :E

I don't think she's that depraved, despite her father's influence! :}

This Woomera

Updraft
25th Mar 2004, 10:32
Hey Kap. Watch out that 'non Brisbanites' don't turn up at 'The Pineapple' instead of 'The Norman' if they follow your directions!
The Norman is about a kilometre PAST the Gabba as you drive towards the PA hospital.
Will check the roster and try to be there.;)

Le Pilot
25th Mar 2004, 13:18
Kap

:D plan to be in Brissy that first week. On the 5th but will attempt the change!
Maybe your missus could babysit for me;) ... With all the hours she's logged with kids!
Anyway have I got some war stories:}

This place serve guiness?:E

Kaptin M
25th Mar 2004, 21:24
That`d be great if you can make it, LP - as for the baby-sitting, I was planning on palming my 2 off onto Ozsexpot and GoGirl :cool: I think my missus might be spending most of her time with Wirraway`s lady....if Ozsex let`s her :O

Guiness?? From memory, the Norman has an excellent range of beverages - their meals, esp. the steaks, are guaranteed to rival the best of anywhere you`ve tried.

The Voice
26th Mar 2004, 03:24
bwahahahahahahahaha

Uncle Ozsex ? and Aunty Gogirl ?

oh .. sorry, didn't mean to offend :E

Whichever W Moi? Depraved? :8

I'm crushed :uhoh:

OzExpat
30th Mar 2004, 07:43
By the look of it, we've already succeeded in getting all the Ws fallin over each other to NOT be there! :} Bunch of pikers! :p But that's okay guys, we know how difficult it is to get around at your age, so just send the deputy Miss W instead! :E

KM... I can think of at least ONE much better use for a set of handcuffs. :E As for me and GG doin the "Uncle and Aunt" thing... yeah, right! :}

Uncle me and Aunty Voice might be able to arrange something tho... ;)

Dale Harris
30th Mar 2004, 20:31
Arrange something Oze?.... Yes, I'm sure you can........:rolleyes:

Pinky the pilot
1st Apr 2004, 06:48
It appears that I may be extremely lucky and be able to join the merry throng after all!! I may be ferrying an a/c to Cooly around the weekend concerned in which case, count me in!
One question 'though; does anyone know how to moderate a Woomera as I get the distinct impression that it may be a definite requirement on the day!:E

you're born. Once when

OzExpat
1st Apr 2004, 07:27
Bwahahaha Dale... ye of little faith! :p

Pinky... no excuses then mate, yer gunna havta be there! :ok:

Woomera
1st Apr 2004, 08:55
Pinky me old

I know for sure that That Woomera can be brought undone with immoderate amounts :E of that dubious beverage those QLDers have the temerity to call beer:yuk:, Lite even. :rolleyes: :{

And if you send money I'll send the negatives as well :suspect: .:ouch: :p

Perhaps I should send the Princess in disguise to "record" the event. :hmm: :ooh:

Hope you can get there, they are a fun mob.

ATR Driver
2nd Apr 2004, 12:42
Guys (and Gals),

Been off line for a while due unforseen internet "connection" circumstances....real happy to see a local get together in my neck of the woods:ok:

Count me in as an "extremely willing" participant (based on approval from the war dept' of course).

Look forward to poundin' some brews while we relive some great flying stories:mad:

Will keep in touch...

Cheerfully,
ATR.

OzExpat
2nd Apr 2004, 12:55
By a simple process of elimination, I have concluded that the Woomera who just mentioned "That Woomera" must, therefore, be "This Woomera"... :} The one who lives in the past and has a very strange affinity for things made in a place called Wichita... :eek: C'mon mate, we can relive our very lively discussions about that bygone era! :p

I probably shouldn't post anything after sooooooo much saki... :E

Kaptin M
2nd Apr 2004, 21:33
Place:- NORMAN HOTEL, Wooloongabba102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba.
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022(the pub's #.... not mine)

It's starting to look like this is going to be a reasonably well attended excuse for getting out and enjoying life - moderated or otherwise by This, That or The Other Woomera/Woomeri

I've contacted The Norman and have had an area set aside for us (The Gabba Lockup :eek: ) in the back right corner........so walk in, go past the BBQ/food service area, keeping it on your left - bar on the right, and in the direction of Ipswich Road (which you won't see, because there's a brick wall between it and the pub!).
Walk past the food collection counter and hang a left, and you'll see us in the corner.
The area where the tables are reserved, in the name of PPRuNe, is called Fountain Court.
If you are lost, just listen out for GoGirl's laugh, and Ozsex's continual ramblings of why Beechcraft consistently beat the cr@p out of all other comers - esp. Cessna aircraft.

(Don't forget the secret PPRuNe handshake ;) )

Woomera
2nd Apr 2004, 23:34
Good location!!! :ok:

Close to both the Gabba Police Station and the Mater Hospital!!! :E

Woomera

Animalclub
3rd Apr 2004, 02:40
Looks as though I won't be driving back Saturday night so does anyone know the name of the hotel opposite the Mater Hospital? As Woomera said - a most appropriate location!!

Sheep Guts
3rd Apr 2004, 15:51
Well as I said earlier Kap take care have a good one. I wont be coming back until August now. Allthough the contract here goes on local government financing which is at the least regular.

Hey Maybe I can have a remote hook up by cell phone to the Party and have Jamaican Rum here for yas all. What do ya tink?

Sheep

P.S is CS still over in the WA land?

OzExpat
4th Apr 2004, 05:23
P.S is CS still over in the WA land?
Yes Sheepie, but not at present. He's gone globe trotting on his big, long-planned adventure. I suspect there isn't a lot of internet access in the places he's going to. :sad:

Keg
6th Apr 2004, 14:42
Roster is out and the gremlins have been kind. I'm scheduled into BNE about 1330. So by the time we get to the hotel, change and pub it'll be about 1500 I reckon.

I hope the gremlins continue to be nice and the trip doesn't get changed on me!

OzExpat
7th Apr 2004, 08:16
Paid me airfare yesterday, so I'm a certain starter. Arriving BNE on 30 April (coz I want to get a head start on all the others! :D ) at 6:05 PM, if the Pixie is on time! :}

Looks like folks are coming from far and wide for this one. Such a pity that Sheepie won't be there, to make it a bash for the record books! :sad:

Le Pilot
8th Apr 2004, 07:51
Due to work committments... Will be on my way to Budapest.

:( Be thinking of you blokes!..... There will be another time.

With apologies.

The Voice
8th Apr 2004, 08:22
better there than purgatory! :E

Pinky the pilot
8th Apr 2004, 08:32
Could someone please inform me of the nearest half decent motel to the aforementioned Hotel? Things are indeed looking promising.

you're born. Once when

gaunty
9th Apr 2004, 01:12
Have a good one guys, wish I could be there, I'm still in intensive care having the arrers and spears removed from me back, front and another very dark place. :) :ok:
Makes the Deros' bar on a Sattiday night look like a Sunday school picnic. :E

Kaptin M
9th Apr 2004, 04:42
Thanks Gaunty - you WILL be missed :cool:

Pinky why don`t you ring The Norman and ask them (they don`t have accomodation) - I`m sure they will be able to help you out.

GoGirl
9th Apr 2004, 07:44
LP us 'blokes' sure will be missing you ;)

As for you OzE, I read incorrectly the first time and thought you'd written 06:05 :suspect:

Your usual limo should be awaiting :=

So....think I've got a distinctive laugh then Kap; maybe I should raise the bar :p

GG

Pinky the pilot
9th Apr 2004, 07:52
Thanks Kaptin; Now why did'nt I think of that???:O :O
Duhhhhh...could be too much red wine I think!

you're born. Once when

OzExpat
9th Apr 2004, 08:13
06:05? :eek: I'd never do that to you hon - hell, I'd never do it to meself! :D Looking forward to the said limo which, I'm sure, will be suitably stocked for that loooooong drive! ;)

A pity that Gaunty won't be there... :{ I was sooooo looking forward to further discussions of the merits of various types of aircraft! :E

Hmmm... with Pinky there, I guess that some discussion of aviation in "Paradise Lost" will be inevitable... ;)

Kaptin M
11th Apr 2004, 00:57
Date:- Sunday, May 2nd
102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba.
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022 (the pub's #.... not mine)

"So....think I've got a distinctive laugh then Kap; maybe I should raise the bar" - the bar being too high was the reason SOME people used for grovelling around the floor of a certain Irish pub in Melbourne, wasn't it?
No GG - that "evil", contagious laugh is ONE of the things that helps make you unique. Off hand :cool: I can think of another couple :D

So Ozsex is going to accompany you guys in the limo to Bris, eh? I wonder if you'll pass the breathalyser BEFORE you arrive - there's NO question about afterwards.
"Responsible drinking" - that SHOULDl be the theme of this little get together :ok:
Just because aircrew have a reputation for being cheapskates, let's hope that none of the "traditional" tricks are used to save $$$'s...things like filling a wine bladder full of spirits (hip flasks were also used once, but had limited capacity), and then ordering only ice..well actually some did occasionally splash out and order a Coke, come to think of it.

Sorry to hear you be in Budapest, instead of Pistinbris, LP.

Hey Pinky, how about posting the name(s) of any accomodation you come up with. I have just called the Norman, but they couldn't come up with anything nearby, and suggested East Brisbane - about 5 minutes away - might be the best bet.

Just 3 weeks from D-day.

OzExpat
11th Apr 2004, 07:46
Only D-Day KM? I'd have thought it might be a Double-D-Day... :E

Animalclub
11th Apr 2004, 08:25
Have done a tentative search for accommodation on www.wotif.com and looks like a few places in South Brisbane... will need to check about 12 days from the event.

The Voice
12th Apr 2004, 12:18
Now, did anyone happen to get the flotation device to that turkey doing backstroke a few posts ago?

The moderately moderating mod squad .. you coming along or what?

I am so very pleased to quietly announce that I shall be imbibing with THE social set in Brisneyland come a certain sunday arvo in less than 3 weeks time!

:E I am sooooooo looking forward to the .... um .... shopping in real shops, spending quality yuppie time in real yuppie places, and getting amongst people who know how to drink properly without having to roll around on the ground first!

Kaptin M
12th Apr 2004, 12:53
people who know how to drink properly without having to roll around on the ground first! None of them ain't comin' to this event.

...and yes, s/he (who shall remain unnamed :D as) "that turkey doing backstroke a few posts ago" was thrown a device the SG of which is lighter than H2O!! Needless to say, it was quickly grasped.............mixed with Coke.....and used as a life support - under obviously difficult circumstances.

Look forward to yuppying it up with you, Voice - lawfully and otherwise!

Double D is a eucalyptus extract, Ozsex - not that YOU were ever one to deny bear-ing ALL!!

Nice link, Animal, however methinks that those are all the upmarket hangouts - gimme a week or so, and I'll try to come up with something more affordable (a tent in Musgrave Park???).

Woomera
13th Apr 2004, 07:52
I put a "Sticky" on the thread, seeing as this is such an important event - probably almost equal (and as well organised) as the Athens Olympics! :}

I'll remove the sticky on the day of the pi:mad:s up!

Woomera

OzExpat
13th Apr 2004, 08:26
Yer gunna remove the "sticky" on the day of the bash W? :{ How will we ever find the thread, to post all the incriminating evidence? :E

KM... I reckon you've been living in the land of the B-cup for too long mate! ;)

The Voice
13th Apr 2004, 14:29
tisk tisk Oze

all the incriminating evidence?

thou shalt not fit up visiting revellers!

KM

None of them ain't comin' to this event

Damn straight! The govt. gives 'em a one way ticket back to their homeland .. but the ******s keep finding their way back here! Like homing pidgeons they are!!:ugh: They'd have a hard time getting to we're I'm going ... thank the lord! :}

I can NOT wait ... :E

Pinky the pilot
14th Apr 2004, 09:23
Yes Ozmate; it probably would be inevitable once I had a few glasses of good Aussie Cab Sav under my belt.
However my old mate Murphy has thrown his influence in and it now seems that I may not be able to get to the gathering.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I live in hope 'though.

you're born. Once when

Kaptin M
14th Apr 2004, 14:10
Hey thanks for that "Sticky" Woomera :ok: Going by the news reports it seems that the Greeks have had more strikes than a box of Redheads!! It's been "fun" doing this from afar - except no-one ever f#@*&#*in believes you, when you ring up and say in an Aussie voice, "I'm calling you from Japan" --- "Yeah sure mate, hang on will ya I've just gotta pour another rounda Fourex fer the bar"............and no need to worry about finding the "incriminating evidence", Ozsex, what's the old adage about 5h!t always floating to the top??!! :suspect:

Gotta admit Double "D" AND double "G" probably did cross my mind momentarily (being raised in an era when wimmen wore those encumbrances), but the sense of smell of freshly cleaned and washed (before being served to be EATEN) sushi was heightened by the mention of the old "Double D" (as in "distilled") Eucalyptus Oil.
A rare commodity here!
As are double D cheek-slappers!

Pinky, we had you down as one of the FOUNDATION p!sserupperers.
Tell Murphy you're claiming an exemption.

Northern Chique
14th Apr 2004, 14:56
please all look the other way while I strangle our roster wench!!!!!!

Trying hard to organise to swap my couple of day shifts so I can come to a bash... I gotta get lucky one day!!!!! :((

The Voice
14th Apr 2004, 22:42
Chiquey babe

:8 work harder willya ..

I need a shopping companion!

High Altitude
14th Apr 2004, 23:02
NC just put the flashing red lights and drive down the highway...

OzExpat
15th Apr 2004, 08:07
Voice hon... fitting up the visitors is a fundamental rool of ALLLLLL bashes! :p

Pinky... failure is not an option mate! :D

Yeah KM, I figured it wouldn't take you long to associate the said "Double D" with a certain Double G... :E

Chiquey... just call in sick! :}

Northern Chique
15th Apr 2004, 14:09
mmmm HA, the company, under resourced as it is, may just miss a truck or two... mind you theres one they probably wouldnt mind seeing the tail end of in the near future! She aint nicknamed "Christine" for nothin! (for those too young to remember check out Stephen Kings classic car movie.)

Sodding truck blew a rear tire under my bum the other day! (I was sitting over the wheel arch on the second stretcher) Still trying to sand the head bump dent, and claw marks, out of the ceiling!

Any how, working on the dates..... I got a couple of folks who owe me for shifts.

As for shopping TV... youve seen my wardrobe.... I needs to go shopping!

Pinky the pilot
18th Apr 2004, 09:35
Gottandamnenblast!!!!:mad: Sorry folks but looks like I'm not going to make it. The a/c that I was to take to Cooly on the weekend concerned is nowhere near ready and won't be for some time either.
Also it seems that I'll be working that weekend and considering it's for full casual IFR M/E rates I can't turn it down.
There will be other times I'm sure. But....b****r it!!! I really wanted to find out what Go Girl's laugh sounded like!!

you're born. Once when

Shitsu-Tonka
19th Apr 2004, 11:59
Probably better security in place than the Athens Olympics.

The Norman! That is about 4 Drivers a 2 Iron and a SandWedge from mine! (or I could just drive the golf buggy)

Fore!

OzExpat
20th Apr 2004, 07:50
A real pity Pinky but, take heart mate! We'll drink your share for ya! :ok:

And send ya the bill... :E

Jamair
21st Apr 2004, 00:23
Hey Northern Chique, drop me a line.......
[email protected] :)

Pinky the pilot
21st Apr 2004, 09:55
'Hold the 'phone'Ozmate!!!
I am not going to pay for a bottle of Grange of which I never even got to sniff the cork!!!!
You can however have a G@T on me if you wish. (last of the big spenders me)
And whoever said of me that I would'nt shout if a shark bit me is telling untruths!!:D

you're born. Once when

The Voice
21st Apr 2004, 12:03
Grange? My god Pinky .. :ugh:

Now that'd be worth getting all hot and bothered for! :}

Kaptin M
22nd Apr 2004, 00:03
Who said you couldn't have the cork, Pinky???
I've got no objections to posting it to you :ok:
Sorry to hear that you're chickening out - this looks like it's shaping up to be a SERIOUS event.

Does that mean we can expect to see you, ****su?
Just in case anyone has missed the detals, here they are again:

Date:- Sunday, May 2nd
102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba.
Tel:- (07) 3391 5022 (the pub's #.... not mine).

Animalclub
22nd Apr 2004, 01:13
Kaptin M
I regret that I cannot now attend this august meeting of the minds (and no doubt bellies) - damn it! I hope next time.

Northern Chique
22nd Apr 2004, 13:21
:{

I ask for a couple of days off and where do they send me!

Purgatory!!!!!!!! Im going back to the desert for 9 days......

Hey who would be the crew to the Granites next tuesday..... :E

OzExpat
23rd Apr 2004, 07:52
:{ That's wot ya get for asking permission NC. Haven't ya ever heard the expression... "better to ask forgiveness after than permission before"... or something like that! :E Ya shooda just called in sick - from Brissy! :D

Kaptin M
23rd Apr 2004, 08:31
"Ya shooda just called in sick.."

You been crystal ball-gazing, Ozsex :ugh:
My guess is Monday, May 4th is going to see a few sore heads....sorry you won't be sharing them with us, Animal Club, and Chiquey Bird!

Had a practice run here last night, but I guess being in the Northern Hemisphere doesn't give a true indication, due to Coriolos.

Hey GG, answer ya b_ _ _by phone(s) will ya!!

My cel number, when I get to Oz, is 0400057193.

GoGirl
24th Apr 2004, 02:28
I picked up my bluddy phone plenty this week....just so happens yours wasn't one of the calls I did get to answer; you know I'm in hot demand - get to the back of the queue :p

At least the phone system here is reliable, as opposed to some parts of the world.... Paradise Never Gained springs to mind :rolleyes:

Glad to report that we've secured accommodation for the Sexpat and Disco and self :) for Sunday evening; before he asks, yes OzE, I've decided to stick to my princess ways and we will be sleeping in relative luxury once again :=

Voice ; CANNOT wait to see you again...sheesh, talk about a while between bourbons for you and I!!!
Given that your self and OzE will be arriving at Chez GG & DS together gets me ou of rather a sticky situation - you now can fight each other for the better guest room :ok: (given the other guest room is the study optioning either blow up bed style sleeping arrangements or the pull out sofa-bed)

OzE, I know, prefers blow ups; just not of the bedding variety ;)

SO GET YOURSELVES TOGETHER AND DON'T BE MISSING THE MOMENTOUS OCCASION!!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!

See ya there!

GG

The Voice
24th Apr 2004, 04:54
three more sleeps for me and I'm outta here :8

GG Damn straight .. I think 3 years is WAY too long between drinks for anybody .. a girl is NOT a camel!! (thank god) :E

knowing that Oze is one those reported 'gentlemen' that apparently exist .. I can't see there'll too much blood to mop up after the fight for said shangri-la .. :p

I too had a bit of a pracky (sic) run for the Brisneyland soire .. I had absolutely no idea that vodka came in so many different ways! :}

Chiquey babe :ugh: we will just have to work on your social life .. I mean .. what were they thinking? there is absolutely NO direct corelation between there and there! :mad:

OzExpat
25th Apr 2004, 12:01
I'm sure we'll be able to work something out TV! :E

Pinky the pilot
25th Apr 2004, 12:14
Would someone be so kind as to tape Go Girl's laugh (plus sounds of assorted mayhem/celebrations) and send it to me?
For some masochistic reason I'd like to know what I'm missing out on!

you're born. Once when

Kaptin M
25th Apr 2004, 22:33
Let`s know your cel phone number, Pinky, and we`ll arrange a live rendition (one you`ll never forget!).

A section has been reserved in the name of PPRuNe, in the FOUNTAIN COURT
Tel:-(07) 3391 5022

Looking forward to seeing you all then!! :ok:

maflsc
25th Apr 2004, 23:20
Am trying to arrange a weekend off :(

Will know on Thursday if I can make it :ok:

The Voice
27th Apr 2004, 07:17
we may have a surprise visitor!!!!

all will be revealed in the fullness of time ...

OzExpat
27th Apr 2004, 12:52
Ya mean to suggest that Chiquey Babe is actually gunna call in sick? Bewdy! :E :ok:

The Voice
28th Apr 2004, 00:21
lemme see .. stuck in Brisneyland one sunny sunday arvo with a fantastic bunch of aviate types getting juiced

OR

stuck in a desert place on a freaking hot dry dusty sunday arvo with a bunch of men who really want to be getting on the juice

yep .. reckon the call would be going thru' ANY minute now :E

(oh .. and I'm now in transit!!! :8 look out!)

Disco Stu
28th Apr 2004, 00:52
Memo to Liver

"Incoming"

No doubt the ears will take a caining as well.

Disco Stu:{

The Voice
28th Apr 2004, 12:23
Does the Norman have anything resembling heating?

If not, someone please make a note to bring an ice pick ..

I arrived .. the same freaking day the rain did!

( and where I am .. it's foggy .. ALREADY! .. and it is only April.. )

Sheep Guts
28th Apr 2004, 14:37
The Voice,

If it is getting cold in BrisVegas, the Norman has these great outside Gas Powered heaters as I remmember :(.

Have a great time! :( :uhoh: :sad: :{

Ill still be here:{ :{ :{

Kaptin M
28th Apr 2004, 23:48
"I arrived .. the same freaking day the rain did!

So YOU brought the rain, TV :{
We had an early-ish morning surf yesterday, after arriving Tuesday morning, on the all-nighter from Osuckme, and the weather was BEeeauty-full.
It has now turned to sh!t today - although the weatherman has said it will only be for a day or so.
Good weather to stay indoors and get some practice :E

Managed to bring 6 bottles of assorted alcoholic beverages through customs, so the wine bladder is being filled at the moment...........for GoGirl of course!!

See ya all real soon.

(btw, I had an invitation to go deep sea fishing early Monday morning, but politely declined, due to an anticipated "morning after". The thought of a 1 or 2 metre rolling swell was what made the decision an easy on!)

Edit:
Keg, if you'd like a lift I'll have the limo pick you up. If you can't reach me on that other cel number, try 04 09 05 1 777.

OzExpat
29th Apr 2004, 11:12
I spoke to DS today and he confirmed the shocking news I heard last night about the decidedly untropical weather there. Am beginning to wonder about the wisdom of this trip... is it too late to call it off? :uhoh:

Probably...:ooh:

Oh well, since Voice and I are tropical critters, we'll just havta keep each other warm... :E :ok:

The Voice
29th Apr 2004, 11:48
GREAT NEWS The weather man on the teev said it's going to be 25/26 Fri Sat Sun and Mon :ok: .. cancel the ice pick order!(at least for the daylight hours anyway .. at night it's going to be W A Y too cold for moi .. a mighty 15 if we're lucky!! :ugh:

( thank god for tracky dacks and windy's I say :E ) very elegant and certain to impress! :p

Disco Stu
29th Apr 2004, 12:28
This isn't fun:yuk:

It was 22 in Melbourne today and only 21 in Brisbane. Not enuf reason to emigrate tho':ugh:

If it gets any colder I'm going to have to put socks on:{

At least I'll be nice and warm tonight all tucked up with GG under the doona:ok:

Disco Stu

Clothears
29th Apr 2004, 12:30
Perhaps one should organise an expedition of ex SA/NT FSO's to the Norman to unmask....

THE VOICE!

The Voice
29th Apr 2004, 13:09
Hell yeah .. there's a plan! :E Then we could show these fancy pailot types how the drinking IS done! :8

(now ... who the hell would be silly enough to call themselves clothears?)

Clothears
29th Apr 2004, 13:40
Now that would be telling!

Can't come anyway - out of town for the weekend. And Nurse says I shouldn't drink.

Have fun, and don't do anything sensible.

The Voice
29th Apr 2004, 14:04
bugga .. coulda brung them WA mob withya as well!

and me .. sensible ? .. alas, sad but true!

GoGirl
30th Apr 2004, 04:10
Buncha weatherwooses :p

*slab of WIld Turkey & COla bottles - Check

*Ingredients for tonights 'surf n turf' - check

*Mersyndol for tomorrow morning - check

* OzE bed blown up - check

panic, disorder and chaos.....my work here is (almost) done ;)

GG

Kaptin M
30th Apr 2004, 07:44
A final reminder of the venue for those of us suffering from short term memory loss:

Place:- NORMAN HOTEL, 102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba
Tel:- (07) 3391 5022

That's THIS SUNDAY of the Labour Day long week-end in Q'ld.

There's no cover charge, no secret handshake - what you eat and drink is all that you'll pay for, and it's all at pub prices!!

In case you need a homing beacon to the Norman, call 04 09 05 1 777.

Looking forward to renewing old acquaintances, and making some new ones.

Pinky the pilot
30th Apr 2004, 12:19
To all intending attendees.
The following may prove useful.
Spin Recovery Procedure.

If spin commences
(1) Immediately apply full opposite eyeball;

(2) Ease head forward slowly;

(3) When rotation stops, centralize glass and refill.

Trusting the above will be put to good use.
Wish I could make it as well.:{ :{ :{ :{

you're born. Once when

Home Brew
30th Apr 2004, 23:58
:{ Unfortunately, the bane of our life, "$crewing", have drafted me to head west. So I will think of you all, while I watch the Bight sail by - in the WRONG direction!!! Maybe I can have one in remeberance in Perth.

Back on Wednesday "M", so call.

:{ :{

OzExpat
1st May 2004, 06:44
*slab of WIld Turkey & COla bottles - Check

*Ingredients for tonights 'surf n turf' - check

*Mersyndol for tomorrow morning - check

* OzE bed blown up - check

The G/T isn't on the checklist GG! :{

Had to do a thorough "pre-flight" on the said blowup bed last night, together with TV and GG. The weekend was off to a good start! :ok:

The Voice
1st May 2004, 08:13
Had to do a thorough "pre-flight" on the said blowup bed last night, together with TV and GG. The weekend was off to a good start!

waddya mean WAS :E

hmmmmmm?

Keg
1st May 2004, 12:43
I've had a couple of things change and so may not make it. I'm still on the same trip but have a few other issues to confront tomorrow. I'll have to play it by ear. Have a great one if I don't manage to make it.

Woomera
1st May 2004, 23:10
Well, Sunday has dawned bright, sunny and clear from where I'm at. After yesterday's birthday celebrations, thought I'd be a tad second hand today - but brushed up well!

Sorry I can't be there to moderate but I had to be here for my birthday.

Have a great day! :}

Woomera

Late Update:

0602Z: Phoned the mobile number above and spoke to OzExpat. GoGirl's dulcet (or maybe strident....) tones could be heard in the background.

Barocca will be more popular with tomorrow morning's black coffee, than fried eggs and bacon! :yuk:

Avagudone. Wish I was there. :{

Time to cut the Sticky loose!

OzExpat
3rd May 2004, 07:24
Yes Woomera, thanks for the moderating phone call! Ya made the mistake of phoning Kaptin M so, when he handed the phone to me, he announced that it was that "other" Woomera. That explains the manner of my greeting, of course... :p

I believe that, as this bash was KM's idea, he should be the one entrusted to write the Pirep. That way, we can all chip in to correct his version of the events... :}

I'll have some piccies (in a URL, of course) soon... well, soon as I'm fully recovered!

A real pity that there were a few who were unable to attend on this occasion, so all of you are gunna havta do better next time! It was a very great pleasure to once again catch up with Mrs Kaptin M - she's far too good for him, of course! :D It was an equal pleasure to again meet up with Mrs Wirraway too... she always manages to liven the place up. :ok:

A couple of visitors from the top end made their presence felt and added greatly to the frivolity, mayhem and general desecration of the great venue! ;) So, for all those blokes who didn't make it to the bash, ya missed some great "scenery"! Eat yer hearts out! :D

KM, mate, ya did good with the choice of venue... ya can come and do it all again next year, if ya like! :E

Pinky the pilot
3rd May 2004, 09:41
Oi Kaptin; What happened to the fffffff...lamin' 'phone call??? I pm'd you me number an' all!:confused: :confused:
:{ Now I'll never know what Go Girl's laugh sounds like!!
Suppose I can wait untli next flamin' year!:mad:

you're born. Once when

The Voice
3rd May 2004, 22:56
On behalf of the topenders .. I must say it was an absolute delight to meet Mesdames Wirraway and Kappy M. and the M family.

It was even more of a delight to finally meet the infamous Oze, Wirraway, Kappy M. and the delectable DS!

Chez GG and DS may NEVER be the same after having been invaded by the tropical duo, but a HUGE heartfelt thanks from moi and also for the countless miles clocked up in the DS mobile. I bet the 'dog' is happy to have the run of the place on his own again! :p

GG and DS .. you guys are legendary .. :) loved your work!

Oze .. what can I say .. :D till next time!

and .. what a venue the Norman is ... the worst vegetarian restaurant in the world! ... lucky the steaks were awesome!

OzExpat
4th May 2004, 08:29
That's right TV, I'd forgotten all about that place being the worst vegetarian restaurant in the world! I even have one of the pub's coasters which loudly proclaims the fact! :ok:

Certainly very nice to finally have met you TV - the wait was very well worth it! ;) The same is definitely also true of our "mystery guest"! :)

You'll be unsurprised to know that I had to fight with the said 'dog' for the prime sleeping accommodation this evening. :O

I'm the one who told KM not to phone ya Pinky... I felt it would've been too much like cruelty to a dumb animal. :} Besides, I wanted to force you to come to the next bash! :E Reckon ya got that message eh mate! :D

Pinky the pilot
4th May 2004, 10:53
Ozexpat Sir; You are a cad and a bounder Sir!!
Depriving me of what little solace the 'phone call would have given me! I am crushed, depressed beyond description and demand satisfaction!!!
OK, pseudo umbrage tantrum over; you win you (expletive deleted) I will definitely attend next years event. (You have it in print too)
Looks like I'll have to pick a few extra bins of bloody oranges now!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

you're born. Once when

Not_Another_Pot
5th May 2004, 08:53
So.... What about some pictures then!

Disco Stu
5th May 2004, 10:26
N_A_P

Picture taker/web host currently enroute to the Good Ole.

It might be a short while B4 Ozex gets back on this particular planet

Disco Stu