PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds on the ground at Kalgoorlie

nearlynormalmike
11th Mar 2004, 13:30
Does anyone know anything about the 2 military a/c parked at Kalgoorlie?

Towering Q
11th Mar 2004, 19:35
Both owned and operated by Kalgoorlie's new Ortho Surgeon, obviously a big Warbird fan. One is a Trojan and the other a Harvard, I think, but don't quote me.

Rumour has it that business is a little slow for the new Doctor, so if anyone would care to drop into Kalgoorlie and break a leg it would be much appreciated.

the wizard of auz
11th Mar 2004, 22:07
yup, the aircraft details are as Towering Q said.
hey hombre, you got any contact details for said Doc?. I really wanna have a go in the Trojan.

Dog One
12th Mar 2004, 20:22
Where they the two that used to be parked at Alice Springs?

itchybum
13th Mar 2004, 05:28
Doctors and Airplanes...

I hope KGs orthopaedic surgeon has better fortunes than all the other combinations of the above I've known of. The aptitudes for being a good pilot and a good doctor, from what I've seen, seem to be diametrically opposed.

tinpis
13th Mar 2004, 08:26
What youre saying is that a lot of doctors are **** hot pilots?

:E

Towering Q
13th Mar 2004, 09:00
Dog One, I would say so as the Doctor came from Alice.

Wiz, I don't have any contact details for him. All I know is that he is either from the US or Canada, surname is Smidt or similar, not even sure if he fronts up at the bar nearby. Maybe give KRH a call.

The two warbirds would be ideal for the next Anzac Day flyover.:ok:

speedjet
13th Mar 2004, 13:40
I think the Doc may have come from Mildura.
A Trojan and another wardird used to be in Mildura that was owned by a Doctor and they both disappeared a few months ago.

Richo
13th Mar 2004, 21:21
Hello all the KG boys

Art (Arthur) Smidt, canadian I think was the orth from AS and Darwin (88 to late 90s I think) before that.

If it is Art he is great guy and a very keen aviator. Go and see him and have a chat and he will be sure to show you his small airforce (Arts Airforce we used to call it in DN.) He used to also own a Barron but that was long ago.

PS Eric if you are listening, send us a PM so I can write that Reference for you.

Richo

the wizard of auz
13th Mar 2004, 22:46
hey Richo, from what I hear, captn Eric has decided to be a TA for a trucking co and put aviating on hold. He's going to get them stripes all dirty but make way more money. ;)

Not_Another_Pot
14th Mar 2004, 07:38
Art it is boys.

NAP

Richo
14th Mar 2004, 09:35
Thanks for that Wiz, yep you would be right about the money.

If you see him tell him to give me a call.