PDA

View Full Version : Abacus Feedback

mundaka
11th Mar 2004, 09:11
Hi All,
I need information about using the Abacus question bank to prepare for the ATPL exams. I have the courseware of one of the ATPL groundschools and I am exempted from taking the consolidation courses.
Has anybody used Abacus as part of their ATPL exam preparation?
Is it enough or you would still recommend the taking of a consolidation course after that?

Thank you for your input and advise

Sincerely

CRJ

OneIn60rule
11th Mar 2004, 11:41
Who have access to abacus (including myself).
The difference between me and them is that they acquired access to it a long while before I did.

Half of the people I know just did abacus on-line over and over and over. One of the folks did over 4000 questions just on on R-Nav and less so on other topics. He scored in the high 90% in all subjects.
Another person I know just never once opened any of his folders, instead he focused on abacus entirely, this guy/gal didn't fail any exam.

With over 15.000 questions and the fact that it picks questions just as randomly as the actual databank then you really do get a good feel for it.

By the way, I am not telling anyone that they should not read their notes, you should definately check your notes everytime you get a question wrong on the Abacus.

My point is if you have faith in yourself but would still like to guarentee a first time pass... THEN YOU REALLY SHOULD SHELL OUT THE 190 euro's for the access. 190 euro's is not even 10% of what you paid for the notes you have anyway's.

:E

I'm sorry if I appear to represent Abacus (I am half Belgian after all).