PDA

View Full Version : ATC jobs in OZ

Travelair
11th Mar 2004, 06:16
Got talking to a young friend that is really keen on becoming an ATC. Hes done some decent flying, but preferrs to fly privately and considers a career in ATC would be his cake.

Now I know theres been lots of changes in the last decade, but does anyone know what the situation would be at present for newbies?

Any info thanxed:D

karrank
11th Mar 2004, 12:46
There are plenty of people who are not keen on our continued existence, yet they keep promoting policies that will increase our numbers. Morale is crap and the rewards declining over time, particularly for new recruits, (unless you are management) but the job is still interesting.

This topic has been done to death, try searching on atc training and atc recruitment.

Travelair
12th Mar 2004, 23:00
TA, will pass it on. Maybe the logic is the more numbers, the less they have to pay? Bit like us drivers!

Knackers
13th Mar 2004, 02:44
I don't know where Karrank works but where I am, morale is good and the rewards are fine. I haven't heard of too many dissallusioned controllers resigning, except for those following the greenback to the Middle East.

Applicants are falling over themselves to get into ATC and very few of them make it. I suggest your friend go to the atc applicants forum at the Civilair site for first hand knowledge from recent applicants:

http://www.civilair.asn.au/

I'd recommend the job to anyone.