PDA

View Full Version : Job market for rookie Helo pilots?

number9
10th Mar 2004, 21:04
So I'm thinking of getting my rotary-wing CPL, and am looking for some constructive feedback as to how the employment prospects would be.

Have worked my ass off to save the cash required (though would still pay as I went), so I have some kind of understanding as to the work ethic I'm going to need to be successful. And likewise I understand that many first jobs are mustering, but in reality how many mustering jobs are even out there? Will I spend two years searching for my first job, or with guts & determination is it possible to make a go of it?

I realise that many get into rotary & fixed CPLs with a false expectation as to how easy and how profitable it will be to find a job, so obviously I'd like to avoid that at all costs. I've got the money to get some ratings & conversions, but I'd appreciate any & all constructive feedback. Ta!

the wizard of auz
11th Mar 2004, 07:48
You should probably post this on the Rotorheads forum and do a search on the same, as there are several threads on this subject to be found there.

OpsNormal
11th Mar 2004, 08:30
Yo wiz, I went looking for the NAH guys up there while I was there and was told by a fixed wing bloke that they were all out "a chasin' cows"! Jayrow also operate there too. J/Ranger.

Must have a bit on at the mo.

Ops.:}

the wizard of auz
11th Mar 2004, 22:12
Cheers Hombre, I feel a trip comming on......better grease that elbow. ;) :}

number9
11th Mar 2004, 23:12
Thanks for the heads-up lads, have redirected my post appropriately. Ta!