PDA

View Full Version : Royal Brunei improves...

GOH
10th Mar 2004, 17:26
RBA finally refits one of its aircraft! All seats have PTV's, with buisness class transformed into a sky flat bed. RBA is replacing first and buisness with this new configeration.

Taken from the Royal Brunei Website

http://www.bruneiair.com/news/item.cfm?ID=67

"05 March 2004

ROYAL BRUNEI AIRLINES INTRODUCES FLATBED SKY DREAMER SEATS

Royal Brunei Airlines today unveiled its new flatbed Sky Dreamer seats in its business class cabin, now rebranded as Sky Executive Class.

The Sky Dreamer seats offer maximum comfort as it can extend to 75 inches when fully reclined. The podded seat feature provides extra privacy. Each seat comes equipped with in-seat power connector and a 10.4-inch personal TV.

New economy class seats featuring 8.4-inch personal TVs have also been installed.

To complement the new seats, Royal Brunei has also installed the latest Thales i-4000 series personal inflight entertainment system in the entire cabin. The new system branded as Sky Show, offers a new level of service with 17 video on-demand selections, 5 broadcast video channels, 10 games, 12 CD albums on-demand and 15 channels of continuous audio entertainment in a variety of languages.

"Royal Brunei Airlines is delighted to introduce its new flatbed Sky Dreamer business class seats. Together with Sky Show and the new Sky Lounge at Brunei International Airport, we are now in a position to offer our customers a truly superb travel experience," said Peter Foster, Royal Brunei's Chief Executive Officer.

Sky Dreamer and Sky Show is currently only available on one of the airline's retrofitted Boeing 767 aircraft, and will gradually be implemented on four of its B767 aircraft by the middle of the year. This aircraft will initially serve the airline's Frankfurt route, eventually extending to London and Australia. Depending on operational requirements, it may also be utilised on some of the regional routes."

I think this is great news, its about time though! There is a photo gallery available with all pics of the new seats. Quite impressive and I must say it looks quite comfortable, even in economy.

Buisness class oh sorry I mean "Sky Executive Class" has a configeration of 2-1-2 (instead of 2-2-2 on the 763).
Economy class has a configeration of the usual 2-3-2.

I wonder what aircraft it is all fitted on, it says only one and I guess it is either V8-RBK, V8-RBM or V8-RBN because they normally serve Frankfurt. Does anyone know for sure?

This is the link for the pictures:
http://www.bruneiair.com/images/seats/index.cfm#