PDA

View Full Version : Second Officer start dates

g92
10th Mar 2004, 17:09
Anyone any idea of how long it now takes for start dates for Second Officers havin just passed second interview. Also had the phone call 'passed' but how long before told in writting?
Any info from any S.O's would be cool.........

G92:cool:

Penske
10th Mar 2004, 21:53
Congrats on making it through!

My confirmation letter was dated 24 days after the day of my second interview. It simply states that you have been successful and to stand by for your course date information.

As for the course dates, I can tell you that the F/O candidates that were interviewed in December 2003 have been phoned recently for a May 3rd course date. This is significantly ahead of the time frame they were told to expect during their stay in HKG. I don't know how that will affect those who interviewed after December, or those in the S/O pool, but it is certainly good news that they are ahead of schedule.

Night Watch
11th Mar 2004, 10:43
g92 .... I'm in the same boat. Although my second interview was in October. Still no word as to a start date, but fingers crossed for soon :ok:

Yeager
12th Mar 2004, 14:30
Hi there,

Same here. Passed final interviews for S/O in October 2003. Still waiting for a course commencement date and a contract. Suppose we can hope for the "unofficial" start time, just after the summer periode (eg. August/September) rather than the more official, start of 2005.

Wish the best of luck to everybody
Yeager

g92
14th May 2004, 11:26
Anyone heard anything else yet for S/O course dates?

Night Watch
14th May 2004, 14:53
Have heard from those who have talked to recruiting recently, that "unofficial" starts for those interviewed in October would be the beginning of September.

Start dates are limited by the number of training sim slots availiable.

g92 hope to see you in Adelaide soon :ok:

22nd May 2004, 01:36
hi guys,

here's my timeline. hope it helps...

1st feb '03
2nd aug '03
call for start mar '04
start jun '04

and looking forward to it!

have fun rather than worry about when...for the call will come either way.

A/T less
25th May 2004, 08:25

Were you told which A/C you'll be on?

Or is that going to be determined after Adelaide?

Thanks,

A/T less

25th May 2004, 22:05
Yes, everything was in the "we've job a job for you if you're interested" letter.

Cathay's admin has been really good. Each stage has been explained well in detailed letters.

One thing for me has been to learn to be patient. The info is drip fed as you progress through each stage.